HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 08, 2014, 08:44 AM
Warm Sunny days please
United States, IN, Marion
Joined Mar 2008
48 Posts
Thanks WIllie T that does give me some hope. I still have the HS85mg servos to replace in the tail with the hs65mg units that I bought. Even though the replacement weight is only about an ounce lighter it should allow me to remove at least a couple of ounces in the nose. I have not tried flying it with the 3s setup yet with my new power setup so I am anxious to do that as well.
dlewton is online now Find More Posts by dlewton
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 08, 2014, 08:49 AM
AKA Amraam
Newcastle, England
Joined Feb 2007
608 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlewton View Post
Thanks WIllie T that does give me some hope. I still have the HS85mg servos to replace in the tail with the hs65mg units that I bought. Even though the replacement weight is only about an ounce lighter it should allow me to remove at least a couple of ounces in the nose. I have not tried flying it with the 3s setup yet with my new power setup so I am anxious to do that as well.
Will it not be better to have the more powerful servos on the tail to help prevent any blow back etc?
Plane Hazza is online now Find More Posts by Plane Hazza
Old Jul 08, 2014, 09:44 AM
PA Team Pilot
United States, FL, West Palm Beach
Joined Apr 2011
474 Posts
I see where your coming from, but no the plane was designed around the smaller servos. They are more than up to the task and the weight savings will make some difference in his setup for sure. Hang in there Dwayne!
kohersh is offline Find More Posts by kohersh
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: PA Bandit Spotlight
Old Jul 08, 2014, 01:28 PM
Panama
Joined Jul 2005
3,440 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel003 View Post
Just purchased my bandit, what kind of setup's are people using? I only got the kit. I have an 890kv I will use. Its not a branded motor but its had a fair few flights and spins a 14" prop all day no worries. I have some 2200 11.1 lipos i will use and i have more than enough hs5065 servos. Is anyone else using 5065's? Do they have enough torque?
5065 are excellent servos for it!
aerofundan is offline Find More Posts by aerofundan
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 08, 2014, 03:46 PM
Joined Jun 2011
117 Posts
You are most welcome...
Let me first say that I love PA planes and products. I am getting ready to oder an Addiction X or XL. That being said, I feel the Bandit was a bit more "Finicky" to get set up correctly. I really don't like the idea of shoving the battery all the way forward into the motor box with just the wires hanging out to secure. With my abilities, there is no way that I could fly it with no weight and the battery wholly on the tray. But now that it is set up well for me, I love flying it. It almost knife edges by itself and does petty near land by itself... I just keep a touch of power on to prevent the last minute drop. As my skills improve or when I try 4 cell I may start to remove some of the nose weight.
Willie T is offline Find More Posts by Willie T
Old Jul 08, 2014, 07:37 PM
Joined Apr 2014
5 Posts
Is there an option with the kit to cut the motor box down so you can use outrunner setup?? Or has anyone done this?
Daniel003 is offline Find More Posts by Daniel003
Old Jul 08, 2014, 07:41 PM
RC keeps me sane
United States, NJ, Carlstadt
Joined Sep 2005
1,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel003 View Post
Is there an option with the kit to cut the motor box down so you can use outrunner setup?? Or has anyone done this?
It is an outrunner. I guess you might mean mounting the motor in front instead of from behind.
Most motors allow you to move the shaft to use it either way. X mount or face mount.
But I would say this plane is not modifiable to use any other mounting system.
microDan is online now Find More Posts by microDan