HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 15, 2013, 02:49 PM
Well, barely adequate.
United States, CA, Upland
Joined May 2013
51 Posts
Question
Incorrect balance plug?

I have two different brands of 3S 1300mah batteries, Glacier and Hyperion. The Glacier batteries balance plug has 4 holes and fits into the 3S port on the balance board of my TP610C charger. But the Hyperion balance plug has 5 holes and does not fit 3S port. Do I need another different balance board? Plug the Hyperion into the 4S port? I am confused.
AdequateOne is offline Find More Posts by AdequateOne
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 15, 2013, 02:54 PM
United States, NM, Las Cruces
Joined Jul 2012
512 Posts
yes, there is a different balance board for those batteries. Don't plug it in to the 4s port. Thought I had one for you, but is the thunder power board. https://sites.google.com/site/tjingu...ce-connectors/
erikc641 is offline Find More Posts by erikc641
Old Sep 15, 2013, 03:10 PM
So. Cal.
Joined Oct 2004
8,373 Posts
Either

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...5pcs_bag_.html

or

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...rger_plug.html

will do the trick.
mrforsyth is offline Find More Posts by mrforsyth
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 15, 2013, 03:12 PM
Well, barely adequate.
Joined May 2013
51 Posts
Arggghhh. How frustrating. So not only do we need to worry about what battery to esc connector we use but also which balance plug too?
Old Sep 15, 2013, 03:22 PM
Well, barely adequate.
Joined May 2013
51 Posts
Another question, is the balance board to charger connection brand specific as well?

Can I use this? HITEC UNIVERSAL BALANCING BOARD
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LNCVET
Old Sep 15, 2013, 03:24 PM
So. Cal.
Joined Oct 2004
8,373 Posts
Typically not. Nearly all chargers have JST-XH balance sockets. FMA PowerLabs (and I believe TP) are notable exceptions.

As such, you'll have to use your existing board with the above adapters.
mrforsyth is offline Find More Posts by mrforsyth
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 15, 2013, 03:52 PM
USA, GA, Marietta
Joined Aug 2005
5,813 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdequateOne View Post
Arggghhh. How frustrating. So not only do we need to worry about what battery to esc connector we use but also which balance plug too?
It's not that big of a deal if you stick to batteries that use the JST-XH balance connector. That covers about 90% of the batteries. You certainly should be able to find satisfactory batteries in that category.

Glen
ggcrandall1 is offline Find More Posts by ggcrandall1
Old Sep 15, 2013, 04:12 PM
United States, FL, Valrico
Joined Apr 2012
607 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdequateOne View Post
I feel your pain. I converted where necessary so that all my 3S batteries and planes use t-connectors and my 4S use EC3's. Thought I had it all sorted out, then I buy a UMX Habu and it uses some freaky-deaky connector that requires an adapter to split the charge leads and the balance leads!

The best thing about "standards" is there are so many to choose from!!!
LowSpeedStall is offline Find More Posts by LowSpeedStall