SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
View Poll Results: Have you experienced product / shipping problems (USA)
Yes 6 46.15%
No 7 53.85%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old Mar 21, 2013, 02:22 PM
United States, TX, Lubbock
Joined May 2007
38 Posts
Discussion
HobbyKing USA shipping bad battery's

3/27/13 After numerous email, pictures etc HobbyKing has not refunded or replaced the battery. Please vote above and watch the video. Remember HK is in China not the U.S. HK doses not preside under U.S. law. When ever possible buy your hobby products for reputable resellers that will back products sold. Paypal will not help.

3/22/13 Beware I have received 2 ZIPPY Flightmax 4500mAh 6S1P 45C (USA Warehouse) defective. Cell #4 is dead on both batteries. This purchase has already cost me 20 dollars in over and above shipping cost. Hobbyking will make the customer fork up the shipping cash even when Hobbyking ships a defective product. BEWARE!

3/25/13 Still no satisfaction. I have sent various emails including pictures and the information required for replacement and all I get back is please send pictures and info on battery. Soonner or later you will be upset with Hobbyking because of faulty products and shipping cost. I have spent over 2000 dollars on HK products, I would think HK would give me a little respect.

emails:

Bradley, Mar 01 10:44 (HKT):
This battery should have never been shipped. I hope hobby king is going to refund shipping If hobby king wants to continue to have my support
sidewinderFSK is offline Find More Posts by sidewinderFSK
Last edited by sidewinderFSK; Mar 28, 2013 at 08:19 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 22, 2013, 01:29 PM
Joined May 2007
38 Posts
Bump
Old Mar 22, 2013, 04:41 PM
Joined May 2007
38 Posts
Hobby King USA needs a good Spanking (4 min 49 sec)
Old Mar 25, 2013, 10:23 PM
Joined May 2007
38 Posts
Still no satisfaction. I have sent various emails including pictures and the information required for replacement and all I get back is please send pictures and info on battery. Soonner or later you will be upset with Hobbyking because of faulty products and shipping cost. I have spent over 2000 dollars on HK products, I would think HK would give me a little respect.
Old Mar 26, 2013, 10:36 PM
Joined May 2007
38 Posts
Bump
Old Mar 27, 2013, 03:10 PM
Joined May 2007
38 Posts
/27/13 After numerous email, pictures etc HobbyKing has not refunded or replaced the battery. Please vote above and watch the video. Remember HK is in China not the U.S. HK doses not preside under U.S. law. When ever possible buy your hobby products for reputable resellers that will back products sold. Paypal will not help.
Old Mar 31, 2013, 04:00 PM
United States, MS, Gulfport
Joined Jan 2013
19 Posts
I'm a noob, but I've bought batteries from hobby king about 4 or 5 times. I have 14 or so batteries liops from them. I always buy nanotech. I have one battery that is slightly puffy, and shows .2 or so volts different than rest of cells and it is the only Zippy that I own. Maybe they are all the same batteries, and that give the batteries of different qualities to different brand names. that would make sense to me. These chemicals are probably hard to quality control, and depending on the raw materials that they dig out of the ground and test, dictate the "brand" they call it. I have a BS in chemistry, but this is just a guess. Maybe they got a bad batch of cells from their supplier, who knows, but overall I've been satisfied with them. It's a risk we all take.
adamh1281 is offline Find More Posts by adamh1281
Old Apr 11, 2013, 09:05 AM
United States, NY, Poughkeepsie
Joined Apr 2006
149 Posts
I certainly hope you get your situation resolved without too much hassle.These guys are RIPPING US OFF.Absolutely pitiful.

I have been ripped off from Hobbyscum also.Ordered 6 zippy 5800 6s 30c packs.1 of them is junk.When i plug into my dynamite ultra charger i get error "incorrect number of cells".Paid thru paypal and opened complaint.I was just notified that Hobbyscum wants me to ship ALL 6 lipos to hong kong at my expense.That would cost me about $75 and even then it will be at their discretion if they replace the bad one.Then i have to pay $75 to get them back.What a ripoff.Igot them thru U.S. warehouse though.I am done with these cheating scumbags.I'm done,never again will i order from them,never never never.Sad thing is that just about anything i order for my helis there is a good chance i will be supporting these dirtbags somehow.U guess i have to pay double the price for lipos now
gurumods is offline Find More Posts by gurumods
Old Apr 17, 2013, 04:13 AM
Joined Apr 2013
100 Posts
Sorry for your pain. I once had a doa. Emailed photos was credited w/o returning wish they would do the same to you. Although they are a small company selling at a well affordable price the fact is the company is small and being such a huge online wholesaler they are most likely making a killing and should put customer care in there top priorities...
Take It Outside is offline Find More Posts by Take It Outside
Old May 03, 2013, 10:48 AM
Joined May 2007
38 Posts
HK refunded the cost of the battery

After 2 months HK refunded the cost of the battery (surprised) to PayPal. I still lost all the shipping charges.

HK did not want the battery in return. Last week I removed the heat shrink and tape so I could test and find the malfunction. Cell 4 was completely void of any charge. I isolated the cell and started a charge using the NICAD selection on my charged. After boosting the battery to 3.85 volts I connected the battery to my lipo charger and started a cycle charge.
Dam thing holding a charge though the battery looks like it’s been through a crash it may just work. I (haven't tested as of yet)

If it dose work I guess you can say HK were even.
Last edited by sidewinderFSK; May 29, 2013 at 02:48 PM.
Old Jul 17, 2013, 09:42 AM
United States, HI, Honolulu
Joined Jul 2013
85 Posts
I'm surprised at all the business being directed towards HobbyKing from members of this forum.

Why is that? It's not as if the warnings about HobbyKing from other forum members are buried in threads dating back to 2010, is it?

I'm very thankful for all the warnings, and will be sure NOT to give HobbyKing my business.
flightly is offline Find More Posts by flightly
Old Jul 18, 2013, 02:26 PM
Dude, I do fly all day long!
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,846 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flightly View Post
I'm surprised at all the business being directed towards HobbyKing from members of this forum.

Why is that? It's not as if the warnings about HobbyKing from other forum members are buried in threads dating back to 2010, is it?

I'm very thankful for all the warnings, and will be sure NOT to give HobbyKing my business.
We like to roll the dice! Some of us will kick and scream if we don't get our way.
rcalldaylong is offline Find More Posts by rcalldaylong
Old Jul 20, 2013, 08:35 PM
United States, CA, Pinole
Joined Jan 2009
825 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flightly View Post

One less in the queue

well over 100 successful orders with HK here...

imgumby
imgumby is online now Find More Posts by imgumby
Old Jul 20, 2013, 08:48 PM
Detroit 2-stroke junkie
USA, CA, Oceanside
Joined Jul 2008
3,371 Posts
HK=Too rich for my blood.

I buy batteries from HeadsUp. They are a little more money but you know what they say
1320fastback is offline Find More Posts by 1320fastback