SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 27, 2012, 05:18 PM
Suspended Account
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
Discussion
Bixler 2 questions?

I am buying a Bixler 2 for use with FPV. I own a immersion 5.8 600Mw tx and a Fat Shark camera. I also own a Immersion EZOSD. I need to know the best quality metal gear servos that will work and fit the Bixler 2. I also want flaps. I need to know how many servos total along with wiring and connectors to make it all work. I have a 9x radio converted to a FriSky system and a 4 channel RX for the frisky. I wish to order everything I will need in one order. I am sure someone out there has gone through all this before and can give me a complete list of what to order. THANKS!
goldsworthy is offline Find More Posts by goldsworthy
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 27, 2012, 06:03 PM
Reduce the drama...
USA, OR, Damascus
Joined Apr 2004
4,044 Posts
https://store.diydrones.com/
rick.benjamin is offline Find More Posts by rick.benjamin
Old Nov 27, 2012, 07:35 PM
hjukhjuk
United States, FL
Joined Feb 2012
1,066 Posts
Use 4 Hitec servos if you want quality with two extension wires and a servo reverser. I'm using the cheap hobbyking servos with my Bixler 2 and they work just fine. Your immersionrc FPV components should be plug-and-play with nothing extra needed.
gooby is online now Find More Posts by gooby
Old Nov 27, 2012, 07:40 PM
Suspended Account
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
Is the Bixler 2 better than the Bixler 1 for fpv?
goldsworthy is offline Find More Posts by goldsworthy
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 27, 2012, 08:23 PM
hjukhjuk
United States, FL
Joined Feb 2012
1,066 Posts
The Bixler 2 does have an advantage with it's larger wing area and flaps, but the small interior space is a problem. For anything more than a very basic FPV setup (what I have) I would get the Bixler 1.1 because it allows you to move a battery anywhere you want. The space inside is much bigger because you don't have the screw tubes or bumps on the floor (the bumps in the bixler 2 make it impossible to use a big battery without weakening the airframe).
gooby is online now Find More Posts by gooby