HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 16, 2012, 01:24 AM
Suspended Account
Mali, Tombouctou, Timbuktu
Joined Aug 2012
391 Posts
New Product
Yet another Walkera release; The Genius CP V2

I was sifting through the site looking for new releases then stumbled upon this. http://www.oomodel.com/walkera-geniu...f-p-64404.html

It seems to have a new RX and new canopy with different colour scheme, but I didn't read up on the rest.

I wont be buying one, but thought I would point it out to any Walkera fans.
V999D02 is offline Find More Posts by V999D02
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 16, 2012, 04:48 AM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
3,017 Posts
Atleast they have finally realized that their black/red canopys are horrid. I love that.blue/yellow one (but im swedish).
Xermalk is online now Find More Posts by Xermalk
Old Nov 16, 2012, 08:15 AM
Philippines, Calabarzon, San Pedro
Joined Jul 2012
4,399 Posts
Did a quick search, can't find anything on this.

I'm glad that it's getting refreshed, but they could atleast have made a compatible frame with replaceable skids.
Hajile is online now Find More Posts by Hajile
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 16, 2012, 01:32 PM
Joined Oct 2010
1,284 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajile View Post

I'm glad that it's getting refreshed, but they could atleast have made a compatible frame with replaceable skids.

i can't imagine why someone would get this over the minicp that has removeable landing gear.....changing the frame sux
pmerritt is offline Find More Posts by pmerritt
Old Nov 16, 2012, 01:39 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,296 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmerritt View Post
i can't imagine why someone would get this over the minicp that has removeable landing gear.....changing the frame sux
The receiver of the Mini CP seems to be much more susceptible to being damaged than that of the Genius CP. So that many users here have stopped flying the Mini CP in favor of the V120D02S, Although we can get damaged receivers repaired for free, it is still a major nuisance. Apparently, the trade price of the Genius is now more than that of the Mini CP.
zadaw is offline Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Nov 16, 2012, 01:41 PM
Suspended Account
Mali, Tombouctou, Timbuktu
Joined Aug 2012
391 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajile View Post

I think that this is Walkera's excuse to use up an abundance of spares that are remaining from the original version.

Maybe they thought that the original Genius would of sold significantly more than they did. This is my guess.

Walkera are renowned for using ancient inventory on newer models, and this can be witnessed just by looking at the RK-400SD brushed 380 size motor.

The RK-400SD motor was used as far back as the Walkera DF36 and is still used on V400d02 and Master CP, both of which are recent designs.
V999D02 is offline Find More Posts by V999D02
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 16, 2012, 01:44 PM
Joined Mar 2011
429 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
The receiver of the Mini CP seems to be much more susceptible to being damaged than that of the Genius CP. So that many users here have stopped flying the Mini CP in favor of the V120D02S, Although we can get damaged receivers repaired for free, it is still a major nuisance. Apparently, the trade price of the Genius is now more than that of the Mini CP.
How can we get the receivers repaired for free?
PonyBoy1973 is offline Find More Posts by PonyBoy1973
Old Nov 16, 2012, 01:46 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,296 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyBoy1973 View Post
How can we get the receivers repaired for free?
You need to go through your vendor. The problem is that many overseas vendors are unwilling to send stuff back to Walkera in China.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 11:48 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2012
80 Posts
Quote:
You need to go through your vendor. The problem is that many overseas vendors are unwilling to send stuff back to Walkera in China.
That is very useful information, zadaw, I am sending eHIROBO an email to see if that can be done with my board. Thank you, at this point I have nothing to lose.
waveOmatic is offline Find More Posts by waveOmatic
Old Nov 17, 2012, 01:57 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,296 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waveOmatic View Post
That is very useful information, zadaw, I am sending eHIROBO an email to see if that can be done with my board. Thank you, at this point I have nothing to lose.
I hope things will get sorted out. What we need is a list of vendors who are willing to do it. Things are complicated by the fact that not all Hong Kong / China vendors are authorized vendors.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 11:33 AM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,167 Posts
I was hoping walkera would release something the size of the nano cp or smaller
Razors edge 29 is offline Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Nov 18, 2012, 09:19 AM
Joined Mar 2011
429 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
I tried sending Wow Hobbies an email and they denied me. They don't participate in any repair services
Blah.
PonyBoy1973 is offline Find More Posts by PonyBoy1973
Old Nov 18, 2012, 11:07 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,176 Posts
I for one see no downside of improving a current model. Plain and simple if you don't like it don't buy it. At half the cost of Similar Blade heli I go Walkrea. Wow hobbies has this as a brushless version also. You can get it for Devo or older TX's.
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Nov 18, 2012, 12:27 PM
Philippines, Calabarzon, San Pedro
Joined Jul 2012
4,399 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankar04 View Post
I for one see no downside of improving a current model. Plain and simple if you don't like it don't buy it. At half the cost of Similar Blade heli I go Walkrea. Wow hobbies has this as a brushless version also. You can get it for Devo or older TX's.
Did you find out what's been changed?
Hajile is online now Find More Posts by Hajile
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 19, 2012, 11:04 PM
United States, IL, Carol Stream
Joined Nov 2009
647 Posts
my cp started doing some death twitch in the air, ive been debating getting a mini, now it will be a tough choice. I really want to know what the difference is.
Hot_Wheels is offline Find More Posts by Hot_Wheels