HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 09, 2012, 12:38 AM
China, Guangdong, Shenzhen
Joined Feb 2012
360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Halton View Post
Thankyou for the fast response! So just to be clear, the S1 and S2 ports connect to the roll and pitch servo's on the camera mount, and not in a 'U' back to the FC as the diagram shows?

Or, S1 and S2 are servo output channels? I hope you get my meaning, kind of hard to explain..

Thanks again

Matt
Hi , Matt ,they are just servo output channels
idea fly is offline Find More Posts by idea fly
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 09, 2012, 04:48 AM
Joined Oct 2012
19 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by baybuzzard View Post
Thanks. Unfortunately, I "adjusted" the settings and didn't export the original settings. How do I reset to the original settings?
Hi BayBuzzard,

The default settings on mine are the below, so I guess you can just input them directly into the tools program to get back to the default. I was planning to play with them as well but I might try just reducing the control inputs a bit first to see if that makes it easier to fly (should make it more sluggish, which is all I need tbh).

---Pitch--Roll---Yaw
P--220---220---334
I---500---500---500
D--400---400---200

Matt, nice flying, I think I would probably have crashed once it hit that turbulenece! still getting a lot better on the simulator now and once the weather clears up will see if I can record a flight. Also I just tested my camera gimbal to see if it all worked, and it does...

My Turnigy 9x radio has two potentiometer switches (Hov. Thro and Hov. Pit) that I have set up as auxilary channels on the radio (chnl 7 and 8, chnl 5 is for the gear switch - balance/alt hold). So chnl 7 and 8 go from the reciever into S1 and S2 on the iFly4. The two survo's of the gimbal plug into P1 and P2 on the iFly4. The pot switches move the survo's to a set position, which is then auto kept there byt the gyro's on the iFly4, seems to work really good but wont be testing that for a little while!

Regards,

C.
Chernabog is offline Find More Posts by Chernabog
Old Nov 09, 2012, 04:59 AM
Joined Oct 2012
19 Posts
Forgot to say, got some new propellor nuts coming, handily Unmannedtech will be stocking spare parts for the iFly4 which is very handy as getting spares from hobbyking is a bit of a pain. Its not on their website yet (they said a few weeks), I just emailed them on the off chance to see if they had any as they also stock the ARTF kit and frame only currently.

Already have myself a set of spare props and frame screws, I am hoping I wont need ESC's or Motors for a while (if at all!). I also asked them about the GPS extension and they indicated that they might get an update somepoint next week.

@ideafly (aka Joe), do you have a release date or any other information regarding the GPS extension for the iFly 4? Also can you supply details of the life expectancy of the motors and ESC's (flying hours before they need to be replaced)?

Thanks in advance.

C.
Old Nov 09, 2012, 05:55 AM
Wannabe B-26 pilot!
Southwold, Suffolk, UK.
Joined Nov 2002
4,914 Posts
Quote:
Thankyou for the fast response! So just to be clear, the S1 and S2 ports connect to the roll and pitch servo's on the camera mount, and not in a 'U' back to the FC as the diagram shows?

Or, S1 and S2 are servo output channels? I hope you get my meaning, kind of hard to explain..

Thanks again

Matt
It's ok I have it figured out now, I found another PDF on your site which explains things very clearly Thanks C for your input too. Good to see you have a gimbal, is that the IFLY gimbal? I'm making my own right now for my GoPro. Can't wait to get some good footage. Am very interested in the GPS add on too...

Matt
Matt Halton is offline Find More Posts by Matt Halton
Last edited by Matt Halton; Nov 09, 2012 at 06:01 AM.
Old Nov 09, 2012, 06:27 AM
Joined Oct 2012
19 Posts
Quote:
It's ok I have it figured out now, I found another PDF on your site which explains things very clearly Thanks C for your input too. Good to see you have a gimbal, is that the IFLY gimbal? I'm making my own right now for my GoPro. Can't wait to get some good footage. Am very interested in the GPS add on too...

Matt
No I went for a specific GoPro 2 axis gimbal (on the unmannedtech site). A bit expensive but seems pretty good and I haven't really the time (or skills) to design one. Thought about the ifly one but it only has one axis and as I am mostly capturing images looking straight at the ground I want to minimise movement as much as possible.

What I really could do with is a way of getting the barometric measurements out of the flight controller, although I think that would not be easy but maybe its something the GPS addon will be able to help with (if it has some sort of logging feature).

Regards,

C.
Old Nov 09, 2012, 06:42 AM
Joined Apr 2011
21 Posts
and about the controll parameters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chernabog View Post
Hi BayBuzzard,

The default settings on mine are the below, so I guess you can just input them directly into the tools program to get back to the default. I was planning to play with them as well but I might try just reducing the control inputs a bit first to see if that makes it easier to fly (should make it more sluggish, which is all I need tbh).

---Pitch--Roll---Yaw
P--220---220---334
I---500---500---500
D--400---400---200

Matt, nice flying, I think I would probably have crashed once it hit that turbulenece! still getting a lot better on the simulator now and once the weather clears up will see if I can record a flight. Also I just tested my camera gimbal to see if it all worked, and it does...

My Turnigy 9x radio has two potentiometer switches (Hov. Thro and Hov. Pit) that I have set up as auxilary channels on the radio (chnl 7 and 8, chnl 5 is for the gear switch - balance/alt hold). So chnl 7 and 8 go from the reciever into S1 and S2 on the iFly4. The two survo's of the gimbal plug into P1 and P2 on the iFly4. The pot switches move the survo's to a set position, which is then auto kept there byt the gyro's on the iFly4, seems to work really good but wont be testing that for a little while!

Regards,

C.
hi Chernabog, can you tell us the parameters on your controll tab under altitude ?
my quad cannot maintain altitude in automatic mode so i fly it in manual.
thank you
Axnfloater is offline Find More Posts by Axnfloater
Old Nov 09, 2012, 07:18 AM
Joined Oct 2012
19 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axnfloater View Post
hi Chernabog, can you tell us the parameters on your controll tab under altitude ?
my quad cannot maintain altitude in automatic mode so i fly it in manual.
thank you
Hi Axn,

I havent changed any of these so the defaults should be ...

Control: 100
Speed: 70 (x12)
MinGas: 350
MaxGas: 700

And for balance..

P: 700
I: 400
D: 0

Regards,

C.
Old Nov 09, 2012, 10:15 AM
Joined Apr 2011
21 Posts
Quote:
Hi Axn,

I havent changed any of these so the defaults should be ...

Control: 100
Speed: 70 (x12)
MinGas: 350
MaxGas: 700

And for balance..

P: 700
I: 400
D: 0

Regards,

C.
thank you very much,
by the way, you do not have any problem with altitude hold ?
thanks again,
Axnfloater is offline Find More Posts by Axnfloater
Old Nov 09, 2012, 02:04 PM
Joined Feb 2011
50 Posts
Quote:
Hi BayBuzzard,

---Pitch--Roll---Yaw
P--220---220---334
I---500---500---500
D--400---400---200

Regards,

C.
Thanks! I'll give it a try.
baybuzzard is offline Find More Posts by baybuzzard
Old Nov 09, 2012, 03:07 PM
Wannabe B-26 pilot!
Southwold, Suffolk, UK.
Joined Nov 2002
4,914 Posts
Quote:
No I went for a specific GoPro 2 axis gimbal (on the unmannedtech site). A bit expensive but seems pretty good and I haven't really the time (or skills) to design one. Thought about the ifly one but it only has one axis and as I am mostly capturing images looking straight at the ground I want to minimise movement as much as possible.

What I really could do with is a way of getting the barometric measurements out of the flight controller, although I think that would not be easy but maybe its something the GPS addon will be able to help with (if it has some sort of logging feature).

Regards,

C.
Sounds like you're getting along with it pretty good!

I made my tilt mount today from 3mm liteply and a digital servo, it works great! Am going to strip it tonight, now I know it works, then all wood parts will be coated with WBPU, sanded off when it's dry, painted black (it's gotta match right?) Then reassembled.
Just have to get some shoe gel inset pads to isolate vibes at the mount then I can go and test my GoPro

Here's some pics..
Old Nov 09, 2012, 05:42 PM
Joined Oct 2012
19 Posts
Quote:
Sounds like you're getting along with it pretty good!

I made my tilt mount today from 3mm liteply and a digital servo, it works great! Am going to strip it tonight, now I know it works, then all wood parts will be coated with WBPU, sanded off when it's dry, painted black (it's gotta match right?) Then reassembled.
Just have to get some shoe gel inset pads to isolate vibes at the mount then I can go and test my GoPro

Here's some pics..
That looks pretty nifty, and yeah, its gotta match ... although mine looks less cool since the top cover got shreded, might repair that though !

You said something very interesting there, shoe gel inset pads to isolate vibes ?!? what sort, does it work and where did you hear about it (looking for anything thats easy to fix vibrations).

@Axn; I have only tested the altitude hold once so far (still learning to fly) and that was at very low level (~3-4 meters) and it worked, but there was still vertical movement of at least a meter up and down. But at low altitudes like that I think the barometer would not work too effectively, I would expect it to be better the higher up you go.
Old Nov 09, 2012, 05:52 PM
Wannabe B-26 pilot!
Southwold, Suffolk, UK.
Joined Nov 2002
4,914 Posts
Quote:
That looks pretty nifty, and yeah, its gotta match ... although mine looks less cool since the top cover got shreded, might repair that though !

You said something very interesting there, shoe gel inset pads to isolate vibes ?!? what sort, does it work and where did you hear about it (looking for anything thats easy to fix vibrations).

@Axn; I have only tested the altitude hold once so far (still learning to fly) and that was at very low level (~3-4 meters) and it worked, but there was still vertical movement of at least a meter up and down. But at low altitudes like that I think the barometer would not work too effectively, I would expect it to be better the higher up you go.
I saw a video on youtube...it's Scholl's stuff, you just put it inside shoes to give your feet a comfy walk!

I have yet to buy it...if I can find the video I'll link it here. Seems to work but will see. I'm looking for super smooth video, so hopefully it will do.
Not tried alt hold yet but will for sure be useful with filming.

I'll see if I can find the video anyway

Matt
Old Nov 09, 2012, 05:57 PM
Wannabe B-26 pilot!
Southwold, Suffolk, UK.
Joined Nov 2002
4,914 Posts
Got it!!

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=kxqkZ...kZDiqePc&gl=GB
Old Nov 10, 2012, 09:30 AM
Wannabe B-26 pilot!
Southwold, Suffolk, UK.
Joined Nov 2002
4,914 Posts
HK has them back in stock if anyone's interested,they will sell out fast.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 10:01 AM
United States, MO
Joined Apr 2009
330 Posts
Idea-Fly Quad Copter (5 min 34 sec)
Bryan's Flyin is offline Find More Posts by Bryan's Flyin