SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 03, 2012, 04:43 AM
Who's got the Tx ?
United Kingdom, Whitchurch
Joined Jul 2010
26 Posts
Discussion
Ecalc prop/machine/motor calculator

Does anybody use ecalc ( www.ecalc.ch ) to decide prop/motor combinations ? If so how accurate do you find it ?
Boeing744 is offline Find More Posts by Boeing744
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 03, 2012, 04:49 AM
Pants first, then shoes
Joined Jan 2011
2,764 Posts
I have found it to be very accurate sometimes and other times pretty badly off. For example the specs it uses for some rctimer motors are very wrong so you can get some inaccurate calculations for those. When the specs are correct it's very good.
Stacky is offline Find More Posts by Stacky
Old Feb 03, 2012, 12:31 PM
um, yea, I can make that crash
United Kingdom, England, Milton Keynes
Joined Aug 2011
2,622 Posts
I've found it quite good so far but not all products are listed and it can't take coax system into account.

The trick is to use it as a rough guide, not gosbal truth.
Wayno Complaino is online now Find More Posts by Wayno Complaino
Old Feb 06, 2012, 10:28 AM
Air Traffic Controller
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Aug 2011
250 Posts
Use it all the time. I'm not good enough to determine the accuracy over many setups, but on my quad, it was within 20 seconds on the hover time. I did take good care and entered weight, elevation MSL, temperature etc. All my components were in the drop downs as well. The MSL and temperature are important for accuracy as it calculates the density altitude for your flying area and thus, the efficiency of your motors and props as they spin. Higher temperature and altitude requires more RPM in the motors for the same thrust as the air moving over the blades is thinner.
Webheadfred is offline Find More Posts by Webheadfred