HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 19, 2012, 12:04 PM
USA, CA, Fresno
Joined Nov 2008
141 Posts
Discussion
3D pilots VS an ordinary Pilots etc war birds and other none 3d

i hate to put VS but in my local clubs and park flyers fellows are so prejudice to a point where i don't even want to go out and fly anymore, so here we go, nothing personal, just want to get some idea all around the neibor and tell me how you feel and what have you been experience so far. by the way i'm a 3d pilot myself, I am a very polite kind of guy, social with other pilots just as a normal human been, keep my plane to a good distance when i do my 3d and not to distracting other pilots as far as on the circle of flying path, and i myself didn't give a dam about their 200 mph jet pass above my head while i'm trying to enjoy my rolling harrier in a safe distance off the flying path once again, but still (war)... why why can we all get along and just enjoy the dam fun people i wish some of my local guys see this post
davhigher is offline Find More Posts by davhigher
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 19, 2012, 12:30 PM
EIEIEIO Classic is dway ta go!
Northeast Pa. .Heyna or No?
Joined Aug 2009
2,071 Posts
I think that conflict is in place at most fields.
It all comes down to the specific club and of course the individuals, not so much what plane is flown. At one of my clubs there is a rule that states a pattern must be flown when multiple aircraft are in the air. First pilot up sets the pattern and others follow regardless if it's a 3D, warbird, pattern, or helicopter. Even then there are certain fliers who can't or won't follow that simple rule. Yes it seems most helicopter pilots either can't or don't want to fly a pattern, only 3D, and that can upset plane pilots.
If someone wants to fly 3D planes or helicopters ,the others members let them go up and wait until they are finished and vice versa.....usually . Same with turbine pilots and 30% plus planes.
Now another club has issues with helicopter and 3D pilots monopolizing the field and coming out when others are flying the pattern. Some folks loose their cool over that on both sides.
I won't fly pattern when heli or 3D planes are out. I just wait until they come in . Plus if someone comes out while I'm flying and makes me uncomfortable, I just land and fly again later, but I don't get upset over it. Simple common courtesy and common sense should come into play here.
flyinwalenda is offline Find More Posts by flyinwalenda
Old Jan 19, 2012, 02:35 PM
United States, CA, Ontario
Joined Mar 2002
7,763 Posts
Different kinds of aircraft require different flight patterns , if its a jet they want to fly a circle pattern , as do sport flyers , pattern guys want to fly both directions but on the same line , heli and 3d guys want to stay in one place , best case is they have a area for each ,its not possible at most flying fields , so if everyone will take turns with the different aircraft types it works out , LOL , that being said they never will , go fly somewhere else is about the only thing you can do ...
Dennis Everett is offline Find More Posts by Dennis Everett
Old Jan 19, 2012, 03:48 PM
EIEIEIO Classic is dway ta go!
Northeast Pa. .Heyna or No?
Joined Aug 2009
2,071 Posts
Yep, I think every club has a certain few who live by the "hooray for me, and to #ell with everyone else" creed and are going to fly their style no matter what,where,or when. Just have to let it go and not get upset over it.
flyinwalenda is offline Find More Posts by flyinwalenda
Old Jan 19, 2012, 04:31 PM
Shut up and fly
United States, CO, Firestone
Joined Jun 2008
10,746 Posts
yes it is a war, well not really. you should see what happens when i throw out the EF-1 racing pylons. i fly in the middle of the runway. they forget all about the 3d flyer war, and they all gang up on me we all have to share so i get to only do pylon practice on monday with no one there. i have seen lots of plane contacts or hit's with the different flier's trying to all do there own thing no good answer here
papabatman is offline Find More Posts by papabatman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: fun with a parkzone
Old Jan 19, 2012, 07:31 PM
You're turning into a penguin.
United States, CA, Burbank
Joined Jul 2011
48 Posts
I just wish the 3d guys wouldn't camp all over the runway. It is distracting when they are hovering right in between you and your plane. It also makes touch and goes annoying.

On the other hand, since they are usually profile, i bet the confetti would be awesome when if i hit them.
JetFighterDuck is offline Find More Posts by JetFighterDuck
Old Jan 19, 2012, 07:35 PM
Shut up and fly
United States, CO, Firestone
Joined Jun 2008
10,746 Posts
it is i have been call the butcher of planes i like to cut them in half
papabatman is offline Find More Posts by papabatman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: fun with a parkzone
Old Jan 19, 2012, 08:50 PM
i'd rather be flying...
United States, CA, Santa Cruz
Joined Nov 2010
201 Posts
Our field is not an exclusive club so there are no set rules. It is in a county park and they have given us designated spot, own flight line, and/but restricted to a flying pattern space (reasonable enough where a 98in pattern plane can fly).

We set things up as to, heli flies on the far right of the field, 3D on the left, and pattern flies the field. This way we don't bump into each other. And you'll hear pilots calling out their intention when flying just as a courtesy to the other fellow fliers.

I've actually seen more pattern pilots flying into each other rather than flying into heli's and 3D. The most i've seen up in the air is 11 planes flying and it was crazy.
pilotuku is offline Find More Posts by pilotuku
Last edited by pilotuku; Jan 19, 2012 at 08:58 PM.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 03:57 PM
USA, CA, Fresno
Joined Nov 2008
141 Posts
i'm sure most of you would think the same as i do, 75% of us would come out and enjoy how our planes fly regardless what type of plane. 10% come out and learn ask how i did a harrier roll, 10% don't give a dam, and 5% are ready for war.. don't get me wrong i have nothing against other type of flying style, I love to have a 500 mph jet, but i can't afford the turbines, i rather pack on my back and do Mr. Jetman instead if i will, really the reason for this post is to try to establish our relationship between, pattern pilots and 3d pilots.... where ever you may live.. peace
davhigher is offline Find More Posts by davhigher