New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 15, 2015, 08:35 AM
Find More Posts by psywarnco
Joined Apr 2015
1 Posts
Discussion
Battery for FPV TX

I have an F450 Flamewheel using Naza M V2 and Zenmuse H3-3D gimbal. My flight battery is a 5200 4 cell. I am installing FPV on this and need power for the FPV TX. It is an Immersion RC 5.8 unit and has its own 5V out. The only thing shown in the crappy instructions is drawing power from the flight battery pack. Will a 4 cell be too high a voltage for this transmitter?
psywarnco is offline Find More Posts by psywarnco
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 16, 2015, 12:21 PM
Find More Posts by Dragon_Nutz
Joined Dec 2013
18 Posts
Looking at the specs on the 600mw unit, it can handle 2S-6S (6V-25V) input power. The 5V output is going to be to power your 5V camera. If you're using a 12V camera, you'll need to add a 5V-12V step-up between the vTx and the camera.
Dragon_Nutz is online now Find More Posts by Dragon_Nutz
Old Apr 16, 2015, 01:33 PM
Find More Posts by Merkyworks
Joined Jun 2013
29 Posts
Is there a concern with voltage/current interference effecting the vTX/camera signal if you run it off the motor/ESC 4s battery? Or is it better to have a separate 3s battery to power the vTX/camera?
Merkyworks is offline Find More Posts by Merkyworks
Old Yesterday, 09:50 AM
Find More Posts by Dragon_Nutz
Joined Dec 2013
18 Posts
I'm by no means an expert on this, I'm still learning lol. But I believe it all depends on your setup. Test the system (with props off) through your throttle range while looking at the monitor and see if you have a clean image. If you do, you may need to add a power filter to supply clean power to everything. A separate battery is ok as well, but it adds more weight. Also double check that your frequency matches on your vTx and vRx.
Dragon_Nutz is online now Find More Posts by Dragon_Nutz
Old Yesterday, 10:26 AM
Find More Posts by Hajile
Philippines, Calabarzon, San Pedro
Joined Jul 2012
4,844 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merkyworks View Post
Is there a concern with voltage/current interference effecting the vTX/camera signal if you run it off the motor/ESC 4s battery? Or is it better to have a separate 3s battery to power the vTX/camera?
You use a power filter. The ones at hobbyking are always out of stock so i ended up making my own

Anyway, it will depend on your setup. My first ESCs were hobbyking plushies, they worked perfectly. When they burned out, i got Afros, the noise was so bad my OSD had trouble locking on to the signal That's when i installed the power filters.

Try it first tho, your ESCs may not be as noisy, and the higher end vTX (fatshark,immersion,etc.) should have filters built in that can handle most of it, see if there's noise showing up on your video.

Also, testing with the props off is a good start, but the seemingly faint noise may get worse once the motors are under load, so don't go zooming off just because it looked clear on the bench test
Hajile is offline Find More Posts by Hajile
RCG Plus Member