New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 10:33 PM
Find More Posts by acesimmer
United States, NV, Fernley
Joined Oct 2011
2,237 Posts
Peter.. Thanks for the input. Normally I land this thing no problem. Three things had me out of sync. I had just lost my V2 Euro due to a canard jamming. Second my CG was slightly rearward causing very sensitive pitch and the aircraft not settling in very well for the approach. Third, no headwind which surprised me how this thing would not slow down. Yes, I made a couple of tight in approaches which is not usually a problem when she is setup correctly due to a very predictable rate of decent. I also forgot to deploy the speed brake which I had used in the previous flight with an almost perfect high alpha landing.

I still need a couple more trim flights to get everything dialed in once again.
acesimmer is online now Find More Posts by acesimmer
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 12:12 AM
Find More Posts by PeterVRC
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Nov 2006
12,852 Posts
Yes, some planes.. jets.. can glide an 'abnormally' LONG way!!
I guess that is wing profile linked to a fair degree - but of course AUW also ties in.
I have a 64mm EF2000 and that glides like a BRICK! lol
Though it actually comes in just like a real one - needing Power and a fair angle of attack, if you want it to be a slow 'more scale' speed landing process. Land it dead-stick and it needs to be nose down all the way until the final belly-saving landing flare, and if done that method it comes in fairly hot!
64mm sizes are 'junky toys' really, LOL. Even 90mm/Twin 70mm sizes are still a bit away from the edge of nice scale flying ability. But getting closer.

It looks like twin 90mm sort of size is where things start to become a lot more realistic and scale.
But, too big for me here....
PeterVRC is online now Find More Posts by PeterVRC
Old Today, 09:30 AM
Find More Posts by Reco
RC Fanatic
USA, NC, Greensboro
Joined Mar 2002
1,505 Posts
Very nice flier Ace, she rolls great!!!
Reco is online now Find More Posts by Reco