HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Today, 02:55 PM
United States, NY, Rocky Point
Joined Jan 2005
144 Posts
Discussion
My new carbon fiber prop blades .

After breaking my previous prop blade due to boneheadedness, I ordered a pair of Aero-naut CAM carbon. Made in Germany. 13 US dollars for the 10 x 6

Just comparing them to the original blades that came with my new Phoenix 2000 they are much stiffer. They are also sharper and at about 4grm weigh about one gram less per blade. This should presumably make them more efficient, and dangerous.

Anyhow, just thought I'd report what I found. One of these days the weather will allow a test flight.
knowair is online now Find More Posts by knowair
Last edited by knowair; Today at 03:01 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 04:19 PM
Kimbers Keeper.
Joined Nov 2014
252 Posts
Some times it is cheaper to sacrifice the prop.
BHOFM is online now Find More Posts by BHOFM
Old Today, 04:29 PM
United States, FL, Naples
Joined Apr 2009
2,818 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowair View Post
After breaking my previous prop blade due to boneheadedness, I ordered a pair of Aero-naut CAM carbon. Made in Germany. 13 US dollars for the 10 x 6

Just comparing them to the original blades that came with my new Phoenix 2000 they are much stiffer. They are also sharper and at about 4grm weigh about one gram less per blade. This should presumably make them more efficient, and dangerous.

Anyhow, just thought I'd report what I found. One of these days the weather will allow a test flight.
Not sure of your point?
tacx is online now Find More Posts by tacx
Old Today, 05:16 PM
buyer of the farm
United States, FL, DeLand
Joined Mar 2009
4,969 Posts
If the choice is to damage the prop or have the prop damage other things or people, a damaged prop might be the better choice.
Rockin Robbins is online now Find More Posts by Rockin Robbins