HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 05, 2014, 09:02 PM
Baltimore, MD USA
Joined Jan 2001
34 Posts
Discussion
Question about DX6i, AR400 and UFO

Hey guys, I've been looking but coming up empty. I'm trying to setup my DX6i with a homebuilt UFO and an AR400 receiver. I can't get the elevons(is that what they are called?) to work in sync. Has anyone done this with a DX6i and AR400?

Thanks

Tim
timm747 is offline Find More Posts by timm747
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 05, 2014, 11:37 PM
Hot glue held together by foam
United States, WA, Vancouver
Joined Aug 2010
2,386 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timm747 View Post
Hey guys, I've been looking but coming up empty. I'm trying to setup my DX6i with a homebuilt UFO and an AR400 receiver. I can't get the elevons(is that what they are called?) to work in sync. Has anyone done this with a DX6i and AR400?

Thanks

Tim
Has the AR400 been bound to the DX6i ? If so then the next step is to go to the " set up list " and activate " elevon " on the "wing/tail mix " . Make sure the trims are centered and the subtrims are on "0" . Then make sure both elevon servos are on the plane symmetrically ( both servo arms facing into the middle of the plane or both servo arms facing out ) . And I would also temporarily disconnect the pushrods from the servos , or the pushrods from the control horns . Then looking from the rear of the plane , plug the servo for the right elevon into the aileron channel . Then plug the servo for the left elevon into the elevator channel . Then if you move the aileron stick to the right , the right elevon should go up and the left elevon should go down . Then if you move the elevator stick down ( toward the bottom of the DX6i ) , both elevons should go up . If one of the elevons does not move in the direction it's supposed to , then reverse the channel that the servo is plugged into .

Al
balsa or carbon is online now Find More Posts by balsa or carbon
Old Apr 06, 2014, 09:22 AM
Baltimore, MD USA
Joined Jan 2001
34 Posts
Thanks. I have done all that, but when I move the stick right, both go down and when I move the stick left both go up. When I move the stick down right goes down and left goes up. and vice versa when I move the stick up.

Edit: Ah ok, I understand. I got it working. Thank you!

Thanks.
timm747 is offline Find More Posts by timm747
Last edited by timm747; Apr 06, 2014 at 09:34 AM.
Old Apr 06, 2014, 11:55 AM
Hot glue held together by foam
United States, WA, Vancouver
Joined Aug 2010
2,386 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timm747 View Post
Thanks. I have done all that, but when I move the stick right, both go down and when I move the stick left both go up. When I move the stick down right goes down and left goes up. and vice versa when I move the stick up.

Edit: Ah ok, I understand. I got it working. Thank you!

Thanks.
Yay !
balsa or carbon is online now Find More Posts by balsa or carbon
Old May 09, 2014, 07:09 AM
Joined Nov 2011
156 Posts
Hi Timm, Post some video when you get it airborne. It would be great to see it.

UFO Space Alien Flying Saucer Original (4 min 41 sec)
Ron_RC is offline Find More Posts by Ron_RC