HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 27, 2014, 02:39 AM
Joined Jun 2014
3 Posts
Thx for fast reply. I'll try this evening that tip you gaving me. I'll post the result off that.

Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
Alex, welcome to RCG. Sorry to hear that your V222 is not working. Sounds like you have been giving it the right tests. If the motor itself is functioning, and if other working motor doesn't work when plugged into the left front socket, then there's probably nothing coming out of that socket. It could either be a bad solder at the socket, or the speed controller for that corner is faulty.

Test it one more time, except this time, hold the quad by its skids. After giving it a little bit of throttle, tip the Quad in the direction of the non-spinning motor. This should cause the gyro to send a signal to work that corner extra hard. If you are still not getting anything, that quadrant is broken.

Examine the solder point of the socket to see if anything is not soldered properly. Look for open or short. If you have a voltage meter, see if you could get any reading at the solder point.

If none of these reveals anything, you probably have a defective board with a defective speed controller that is stuck open.

Banggood is pretty good with taking care of their customers with defective products. Just explain to them what you have explained to us, and they will help you out.

HP
baekelal is offline Find More Posts by baekelal
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 27, 2014, 11:18 AM
Joined Jun 2014
3 Posts
Hi HG,

I did test it one more time with your suggestion, still no succes. I also looked to the soldering but everything looked ok imo.

Banggood asked me to make some video's to prove the problem.

Waiting now for their reactions and solution they suggest.

Thx again for advices

Greetings Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
Alex, welcome to RCG. Sorry to hear that your V222 is not working. Sounds like you have been giving it the right tests. If the motor itself is functioning, and if other working motor doesn't work when plugged into the left front socket, then there's probably nothing coming out of that socket. It could either be a bad solder at the socket, or the speed controller for that corner is faulty.

Test it one more time, except this time, hold the quad by its skids. After giving it a little bit of throttle, tip the Quad in the direction of the non-spinning motor. This should cause the gyro to send a signal to work that corner extra hard. If you are still not getting anything, that quadrant is broken.

Examine the solder point of the socket to see if anything is not soldered properly. Look for open or short. If you have a voltage meter, see if you could get any reading at the solder point.

If none of these reveals anything, you probably have a defective board with a defective speed controller that is stuck open.

Banggood is pretty good with taking care of their customers with defective products. Just explain to them what you have explained to us, and they will help you out.

HP
baekelal is offline Find More Posts by baekelal
Old Jun 28, 2014, 01:33 PM
Joined Jun 2014
1 Posts
V222 remake

hi all, i've bought this fantastic quad on banggood, but i decided to improve his camera performance and design. For the first aspect i bought the galaxy visitors 2 camera (1280x720 and 30fps) strongly better than the original and lighter: his cable is shorter than the original and doesn't reach the circuit board, so i cut a little piece of the original one and the GV2 cable has became longer and this problem is corrected. For the design i prefer the blade 180 qx canopy and landing skid so i bought thees pieces: i fix the canopy with 2 little screws that perfectly match to the 2round2 of the v222 circuit board and fix the landing skid with attack to the frame (i know that attack it's not the best solution but otherwise there was much vibration to the camera). the camera finally is attached with double-sided tape to the landing skid upper zone and renforced with fishing line, this damping the vibration and makes a strong interface. The last action i made was to put 3 leds (the original v222 ones) after made 3 holesin the canopy as you can see in the pictures. I think this is a good solution, the weight drops from 95 to 80-85 grams and the quality of video is much better, and the price to make theese changes is very low. I will post a video soon!
Sorry for my english, it's not my first language!
Matteofirenze is offline Find More Posts by Matteofirenze
Old Jun 29, 2014, 09:36 AM
Joined Apr 2011
306 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matteofirenze View Post
hi all, i've bought this fantastic quad on banggood, but i decided to improve his camera performance and design. For the first aspect i bought the galaxy visitors 2 camera (1280x720 and 30fps) strongly better than the original and lighter: his cable is shorter than the original and doesn't reach the circuit board, so i cut a little piece of the original one and the GV2 cable has became longer and this problem is corrected. For the design i prefer the blade 180 qx canopy and landing skid so i bought thees pieces: i fix the canopy with 2 little screws that perfectly match to the 2round2 of the v222 circuit board and fix the landing skid with attack to the frame (i know that attack it's not the best solution but otherwise there was much vibration to the camera). the camera finally is attached with double-sided tape to the landing skid upper zone and renforced with fishing line, this damping the vibration and makes a strong interface. The last action i made was to put 3 leds (the original v222 ones) after made 3 holesin the canopy as you can see in the pictures. I think this is a good solution, the weight drops from 95 to 80-85 grams and the quality of video is much better, and the price to make theese changes is very low. I will post a video soon!
Sorry for my english, it's not my first language!
Your mods look great. I really like the look of your v222 now. The biggest drawback I am seeing - is that Blade canopy. It's a pricy piece of plastic... Too bad really.
jdoo is online now Find More Posts by jdoo
Old Jun 30, 2014, 03:53 AM
Thatsright I drankthe rum
USA, MN, Robbinsdale
Joined May 2006
1,278 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdoo View Post
Your mods look great. I really like the look of your v222 now. The biggest drawback I am seeing - is that Blade canopy. It's a pricy piece of plastic... Too bad really.
how about a link to that landing gear I like the look of those ....
I like the body for a v949
http://www.amazon.com/Wltoys-Remote-...V949+quad+body
K9000wner is offline Find More Posts by K9000wner
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 03, 2014, 03:51 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
United States, IL, Mascoutah
Joined Dec 2010
3,111 Posts
Flying my v222 this afternoon!

WLTOYS V222 DDESA (2 min 21 sec)
Jake8131 is online now Find More Posts by Jake8131
Old Jul 10, 2014, 08:40 PM
Joined Jun 2014
3 Posts
I just got my v222 yesterday (9-July-2014). First time never-ever, here's a vid of a flight from my second test session:
rdubQuadVid1 (1 min 12 sec)

doak is offline Find More Posts by doak
Old Yesterday, 03:19 PM
Joined Jul 2014
1 Posts
Few problems

Hi,
today i recieved my v222 with switchable transmitter, i have 1 problem and 1 question, i hope i find some answers and help :-),

1: if i use the the original charger i see a green led , but when is the charging finished, can i overload the lipo with the original one?
In the manual i can read it switch to yellow but for me it stays green

2: the camere doesnt make a movie, i can only make pictures i press the video button the camera led is blinking 3 times red and switch back to green, and this happends on all 3 buttons ( photo / video / top right button ).

thx for help :-9
Xerolux is online now Find More Posts by Xerolux
Last edited by Xerolux; Yesterday at 03:29 PM.
Old Yesterday, 07:08 PM
Thatsright I drankthe rum
USA, MN, Robbinsdale
Joined May 2006
1,278 Posts
v222

sorry I cant help with camera issues
but the charger is fool proof mostly ...
you can safly have it on for 2 hours without issue.
if it is charged by then (check with volt meter or just try to fly)
but if the led does not change colors its messed up
but I would still be inclined to use it if its all u got
just have to time it by hand
a emty batt should charge in one hour
good luck
K9000wner is offline Find More Posts by K9000wner
RCG Plus Member