HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 01, 2014, 06:40 PM
LSF 004 - AMA 5055
Saratoga, CA USA
Joined Dec 2000
583 Posts
Pack Data Not Shown

Hi Glen,

Sorry to keep bugging you about this highly automated charger, but it often doesn't seem to do what I expect.

Using the MPA, I balanced two 2-cell packs to ready them for a test that was suspect to me. The balancing went well and I checked the voltage of both cells in both packs with my DVM.

I then reconnected them to the MPA and selected P2 Dual Channels : LiPo BAL @ 1.0C. I connected one on the left side of the board and one on the right side. The charge went well, but I'm not getting the displays as shown on page 20 of the manual. I only get Ch1 for pack type info and only 1:n.nnnx 2:n.nnnx for cell data. Ch2 display; and 3:n.nnnx 4:nnnx displays never show up and no "screen auto scrolls to show all cells:" ever happens.

Is there an action I must take to activate these display parameters; even though the CellPro 10XP / MPA combo is actually charging both packs.

Again, many thanks,
Bob
bobandris is offline Find More Posts by bobandris
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 01, 2014, 09:05 PM
Australia, NSW, Cherrybrook
Joined May 2004
1,518 Posts
The MPA is not dual channel.

You only need to use a single channel preset.
CustomPC is online now Find More Posts by CustomPC
Old Jun 01, 2014, 09:33 PM
USA, GA, Marietta
Joined Aug 2005
5,533 Posts
When you charge in parallel the charger sees all the packs as a single pack.

All the ports on the MPA board are in parallel to each other. The output of the MPA board appears as a single pack to the charger. This is true if you are charging a single pack or 6 packs.

Glen
ggcrandall1 is offline Find More Posts by ggcrandall1
Old Jun 04, 2014, 01:29 AM
Joined May 2004
1,518 Posts
Is there going to be a firmware update for the 10XP that supports the new HV Silver Label LiPos?
Old Jun 04, 2014, 06:49 PM
Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
2,095 Posts
The charger already supports the HV LiPos. Create a new LiPo preset, change the termination voltage to 4.27v and label it correctly.
Gregor99 is offline Find More Posts by Gregor99
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Dual Powerlab Case Project
Old Jun 09, 2014, 09:48 AM
Joined May 2004
1,518 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregor99 View Post
The charger already supports the HV LiPos. Create a new LiPo preset, change the termination voltage to 4.27v and label it correctly.

Is that possible with the 10XP?

I may have missed something but as best i can tell there is no option to create a preset. All I have is the ability to choose from the pre-configured presets.
The closest preset is 4.22V
Old Jun 09, 2014, 03:41 PM
Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
2,095 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CustomPC View Post
Is that possible with the 10XP?

I may have missed something but as best i can tell there is no option to create a preset. All I have is the ability to choose from the pre-configured presets.
The closest preset is 4.22V
Sorry, you are correct. I'm checking to see what can be done and will update this thread as new info becomes available.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 13, 2014, 12:15 PM
Italy, Lazio, Rome
Joined Aug 2011
51 Posts
Issue with new power supply

I have an issue with my new power supply (this one http://www.ev-peak.com/Titan_1200w.html). The power supply is set at max voltage (24V). Sometime the charge stop at exactly the 80%. This issue happen with both my 10XP and never happened with the previous power supply. After some retry, finally it charges up to the 100%. There isn't any warning on the screen or the log.

Any idea?

Thanks.

Alessandro
alexvan is offline Find More Posts by alexvan
Old Jun 25, 2014, 05:17 PM
Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
2,095 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregor99 View Post
Sorry, you are correct. I'm checking to see what can be done and will update this thread as new info becomes available.
FMA has been notified of this request. No ETA at this time.
RCG Plus Member