SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 31, 2014, 06:10 PM
Australia, NSW, Gladesville
Joined Apr 2014
164 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ali74 View Post
hii to all of you
am new to fly RC just started one month ago and my first build is F22 and i did it without mistake fortunatly am luky
am asking what is the full system requiredto fly it ????
plz i need quick answer
Not sure if you got your answer but if you want a shopping list this list is pretty much the bible for guaranteed success with park jets. It is the Master Parts list for the RC Powers family of planes but it will work for all Park Jets in the same size range (of which the F22 is one).

http://rcpowers.com/community/thread...official.8300/

For the record I maidened my F22 yesterday and I used the parts lists to work out what I needed. For your information I used:
  • D2826-6 2200kv Outrunner Motor
  • 6x4 prop
  • Plush 40A ESC (not sure if needed - 30A might be OK)
  • hxt900 servos
  • Credit Card control horns
  • 2200 3S 25c Zippy Compact

One tip I can recommend is build it light. I didn't and I can now see the difference it makes. She still flies beautifully but is not as quick or agile as my Draken for example. She is a great plane and was very easy to fly but I am not sure if I would recommend her as a first plane unless you put in lots of time on a simulator.

Hope this helps
EasySimes is online now Find More Posts by EasySimes
Last edited by EasySimes; Aug 31, 2014 at 06:35 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 04, 2014, 09:40 PM
Joined Apr 2014
164 Posts
Finally maidened my F22

Here is the video of the maiden of my F22 taken with my shiny new Mobius attached to my Bike helmet (so I look like a right Charlie!).

I know everyone has seen these things a thousand times but it is very exciting for me

F22 Raptor by tomhe - MAIDEN FLIGHT - 2014-08-31 (4 min 22 sec)

I had a huge Sunday just past - 7 different planes including 3 maidens. If have also included the FT Viggen and Saab Draken if you are interested...

Flite Test FT Viggen - MAIDEN FLIGHT - 2014-08-31 (4 min 52 sec)

Saab Draken by vleisie - 2014-08-31 (4 min 37 sec)
Last edited by EasySimes; Sep 05, 2014 at 12:59 AM.
Old Sep 05, 2014, 09:26 AM
United States, MA
Joined Feb 2011
141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EasySimes View Post
I know everyone has seen these things a thousand times but it is very exciting for me
Nice video the new camera does a nice job of capturing the maiden moment! I share in your excitement so don't worry there still fun to watch even if it has been 1001 times. I'll still be watching the next 1000 and the next 1,000,000 after that...

To satisfy my curiosity...
*edit * "Which is your favorite"
trumpy959 is offline Find More Posts by trumpy959
Last edited by trumpy959; Sep 06, 2014 at 04:01 AM.
Old Sep 05, 2014, 03:41 PM
Joined Apr 2014
164 Posts
Jeez what a sick and twisted imagination you have! Most people just say "Which is your favourite".

F22, Draken, Viggen... Hmmm... Too hard to answer today as I have only flown the F22 and Viggen once but right now the Draken it is it.

Fast, but can fly slow, Looks like a missile in the air, Responsive and an unusual design given the fact it is a silhouette.

The F22 is too slow but flies just beautifully and the Viggen? haven't got her trimmed out right just yet and she is too loud due to that beast of a motor and the fact she is a sound box!

Ask me again in a month!

Which is your favourite? or as your say... "Let just say, hypothetically, that your arms were going to amputated due to...."
Old Sep 06, 2014, 02:48 AM
United States, MA
Joined Feb 2011
141 Posts
My attempt at comic relief got in the way of what was originally meant to be praise for your post, I'll keep it strictly professional from here on. Having only built and flown 2 park jets (aka RC Powers ) I have limited knowledge to form an opinion on either of the three, although I've flown other planes. I'm in the process of the Tomhe F22 and have read through this seven year old thread and look forward to its maiden flight.

RT
Last edited by trumpy959; Sep 06, 2014 at 12:28 PM.
Old Sep 06, 2014, 04:56 PM
Joined Apr 2014
164 Posts
Mate, actually I found your post pretty funny, So don't worry.

I have only built 4 scratch builds so far, the first being an FT Bloody Wonder.

I have bought the plans for RC Powers and I would be very interested to hear which you have built and your opinions on them.

I think you will love the raptor, there is a reason it is one of the most popular builds. A seven year thread and still going strong!
Old Sep 06, 2014, 04:59 PM
Joined Apr 2014
164 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumpy959 View Post
Just saw this, you should change it back <grin>.
Old Sep 06, 2014, 05:36 PM
Joined Apr 2014
164 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumpy959 View Post
A quick update. I flew all of them on the weekend. There is a clear difference between the Draken and F22 that shows up on the new videos below. The F22 is so easy to fly and due to its slower speed it tends to stay pretty close. The Draken OTOH is much faster so it tends to fly more like a real jet i.e. big swooping turns and passes. Both heaps of fun so it depends on my mood. I think the F22 is much more relaxing though whilst the Draken is more "grip tight and go for it".

If you can, give us a video of your maiden/flights. Mobius is cheap... Oh one other point. Some people put Ailerons on but personally I find it's roll rate is more than adequate so I would not bother if this is your first F22.

F22 Raptor - 2014-09-07 (3 min 23 sec)

Saab Draken F35 - 2014-09-07 (2 min 19 sec)
Last edited by EasySimes; Sep 07, 2014 at 08:28 PM.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 12:30 PM
United States, MA
Joined Feb 2011
141 Posts
Wow that Draken sure is FAST!

My F22 will be using a one piece elevator (no elevons) with ailerons running off one servo, and rudders running off one servo. I have no desire for thrust vectoring, flaps, or spoilerons and only need the basic control surface functions. I'll be using the same motor with the exception of a smaller battery and possibly a 30A ESC. Hopefully if i'm careful with glue and paint it will give me a lighter build and AUW. The Mobius takes some real nice video for sure, but I've had good luck with my 808#16 V2 key chain camera which I'll be using when its my turn.

Thanks for the update video and comparison between the two planes, your observations were very helpful.

RT
Last edited by trumpy959; Sep 16, 2014 at 02:19 AM.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 06:54 PM
Joined Apr 2014
164 Posts
No worries. Don't forget to post a video
Old Oct 15, 2014, 05:08 PM
2RK
United Kingdom, England, Hampshire
Joined Jun 2011
84 Posts
I know it's been done before but here's my build of this tomhe classic ...

I've already done the profile nose when I decided to build up its shape, inspired by SNice's and MetroGTI's beautiful builds. Thanks to all you guys and wish me luck on its maiden flight.
2RK is offline Find More Posts by 2RK
Old Oct 15, 2014, 05:19 PM
Joined Apr 2014
164 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RK View Post
That is a beautiful looking plane - really nice building 2RK.

I hope it has enough power though as I have found Ducted fans to be very inefficient compared with a straight pusher prop. Of course that may not be that important to you - me, I like to try and fly her with a lot of alpha if I can
Old Oct 15, 2014, 07:06 PM
United States, NM, Clovis
Joined Oct 2011
3,316 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RK View Post

I've already done the profile nose when I decided to build up its shape, inspired by SNice's and MetroGTI's beautiful builds. Thanks to all you guys and wish me luck on its maiden flight.
Nice build! What size EDF is it? What kv motor is in it? Is it a 3s set up?
DamonH is online now Find More Posts by DamonH
Old Oct 16, 2014, 04:37 AM
2RK
United Kingdom, England, Hampshire
Joined Jun 2011
84 Posts
Thank you for the kind words, mates.

It's a 55mm fan with a 5000kv 3S motor so thrust should be enough for nice, easy flights (I hope so). I initially put in a 12-blade 70mm but the weight with the bigger battery will be too much for bumpy landings, I'm afraid. I'm not after speedy, high-alpha flights ... I already have a tomhe Mig29 that can do that. It's scaled down to 75% and has a 4S setup from a HobbyKing Funfighter and it's a lot fun to fly.
2RK is offline Find More Posts by 2RK
Old Oct 17, 2014, 05:34 AM
Joined Apr 2014
164 Posts
Jeez, that MiG 29 looks like an absolute rocket.

I have to say i am incredibly impressed with your building and painting skills. Both planes look fantastic.

Looking forward to the videos...
Last edited by EasySimes; Oct 17, 2014 at 05:39 AM.