SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 08, 2014, 09:15 PM
Joined Oct 2011
31 Posts
Discussion
What to do with my old SkyFly 2????

Guys,

I have a Skyfly 2 that is DOA. Was thinking of taking my spare main wing, boom with elevator & rudder and making my own fuselage. What kind of fuselage would you make? Would yo continue to make it a pusher or put motor in front?

I'm just starting out in scratch built and RC planes in general so any help would be greatly appreciated. I have foam core (dollar tree) or I could use house insulation board..... I'll order a new motor / esc from HK.

Looking forward to some expert opinions!!

Thanks!

~John
pghgamer is offline Find More Posts by pghgamer
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 09, 2014, 11:03 PM
Fremont, CA
United States, CA, Fremont
Joined Jan 2009
1,664 Posts
I totalled a plane called Silvia (HobbyKing) but the wing was intact. So I made a flying wing out of it...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q47c...ature=youtu.be
djacob7 is offline Find More Posts by djacob7
Old Oct 10, 2014, 05:32 AM
Joined Apr 2013
583 Posts
The possibilities are endless, but for a relative newbie I recommend taking the intact wing and using it to make a twin boom pusher. The motor/prop are protected and even if you have a bad nose-first crash (as most crashes are), you need to replace just the fuselage. The twin booms are arguably even simpler than a conventional fuselage.
Have a look at the one I scratch built below. Super simple and a great flyer.
nuteman is online now Find More Posts by nuteman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My youtube channel