HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 01, 2014, 12:14 PM
Joined Sep 2014
2 Posts
Discussion
Inexpensive RC Flight simulators

I'm new to the RC flying and would like to do some "training" before actually flying my plane. I don't expect to us the simulator ... forever ... so just want something to fly before actually going to the field. Which simulator would any of you recommend? Forgot to add ... I'm using Windows 8.1. Thanks in advance
RCBigBlue1 is offline Find More Posts by RCBigBlue1
Last edited by RCBigBlue1; Oct 01, 2014 at 12:17 PM. Reason: Forgot to add ....
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 01, 2014, 06:05 PM
United Kingdom, England, Oxford
Joined Jul 2002
198 Posts
Look at the sticky thread at the top of this forum.

I'm not sure if FMS will run on Windows 8 (it has problems on 7 that I never solved). Heli-X is helicopters only. SSS and CRRCSim are gliders only. That leaves you with just a few to try.
Mr Rowl is online now Find More Posts by Mr Rowl
Old Oct 02, 2014, 02:37 AM
Staffs, UK
Joined Nov 2003
10,548 Posts
RCDeskPilot works o.k. for me on Win8 and is about as "inexpensive" as it gets...FREE .

Steve
slipstick is online now Find More Posts by slipstick
Old Oct 02, 2014, 08:19 AM
Bit-Twiddler and Flyer
USA, VA, Chantilly
Joined Apr 2002
1,684 Posts
And ClearView is $40. Works well too.
ggunners is offline Find More Posts by ggunners
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 06, 2014, 10:12 AM
United States, TX, Denton
Joined Jul 2014
38 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slipstick View Post
RCDeskPilot works o.k. for me on Win8 and is about as "inexpensive" as it gets...FREE .

Steve
slipstick, what interface/controller do you use? im having problems trying to use my hkt6a with windows 7 and my old xp box seems to been dying while also having 3d rendering issues. rc desktop was working for a month or so on my xp box, definately helped me but i need more sim time and im getting frustrated!

im mulling over realflight 7 or phoenix 5. i also got a 9xr but ive only seen people using it with phoenix in my google quest to discover if they will work well together or not (on windows 7). the 9xr has jr and futaba ports... maybe i could use a freebie with the right interface for my 9xr?
LemonC is offline Find More Posts by LemonC
Last edited by LemonC; Oct 06, 2014 at 10:20 AM.
Old Oct 06, 2014, 11:28 AM
Staffs, UK
Joined Nov 2003
10,548 Posts
With RCDeskpilot I've used a DX6i and an old Futaba Skysport 6, both with a basic USB interface. I don't know anything about either of your TXs, sorry.

Steve
slipstick is online now Find More Posts by slipstick
Old Oct 07, 2014, 05:09 PM
United States, TN, Murfreesboro
Joined Apr 2013
740 Posts
Clearview is better good. And there always Clearview SE I have it. But I got 3 planes and 2 fields for $10.00 so many times I would have been better off just getting the $40.00 dollar version I would have more planes.
papadwight is online now Find More Posts by papadwight
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 08, 2014, 09:19 PM
United States, NJ, Dunellen
Joined Aug 2014
102 Posts
I bought Clearview for $40 and think its great.
shonmac is offline Find More Posts by shonmac