Old Dec 06, 2012, 12:33 AM
Addicted to building...
Omaha Nebraska
Joined Feb 2006
5,998 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangAce17 View Post
Freddie, looks so good!. I'm about to order the rotors for my Micro g2
Thanks. I haven't tried my new BimRC Rotors but they sure look nice. I need to make a twin also, but I am commited to finish a few other projects, after I at least test the new rotors.

I promise, promise, promise not to start another new project until 3 others are that I started are completed!

Fred
Freddie B is offline Find More Posts by Freddie B
Old Dec 06, 2012, 12:59 AM
Lee Liddle
Carrollton, Tx
Joined Dec 2006
8,196 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddie B View Post
I promise, promise, promise not to start another new project until 3 others are that I started are completed!

Fred
I hate to think how many unfinished threads I have out there in cyberspace.

You`re gettin` close, lookin` great!
Knife Liddle is online now Find More Posts by Knife Liddle
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 06, 2012, 12:46 PM
Addicted to building...
Omaha Nebraska
Joined Feb 2006
5,998 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knife Liddle View Post
I hate to think how many unfinished threads I have out there in cyberspace.

You`re gettin` close, lookin` great!
Thank you, Sir. I will finish those threads (3) because I want to fly the airplanes this coming season. There may be another handfull that are very, very dusty, LOL.......

It's part of the territory, and our nature as builders. No on needs to feel guilty (if they do) because sometimes so much time and effort goes in we need a break. Maybe a moment to stand back and breathe a bit. Sometimes our interest changes, but it all probably relates t our busy lives and lack of enough hours in a day. That's my excuse! LOL.

F
Old Dec 06, 2012, 07:04 PM
Life begins at 40
Canada, ON, Guelph
Joined Jun 2012
682 Posts
Man, you micro guys are crazy!
addictedtoplanes is offline Find More Posts by addictedtoplanes
Old Dec 06, 2012, 08:32 PM
EDF Addicted
Ocala,Florida
Joined Sep 2005
5,395 Posts
Freddie, i have a bunch of threads like that, even one "From the mind of MustangAce17" with some crazy designs that might fly lol
MustangAce17 is online now Find More Posts by MustangAce17
Old Dec 07, 2012, 09:36 AM
Addicted to building...
Omaha Nebraska
Joined Feb 2006
5,998 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by addictedtoplanes View Post
Man, you micro guys are crazy!

Well............................... I guess I never thought about it like that......... So I guess I need to say " Thank You".

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangAce17 View Post
Freddie, i have a bunch of threads like that, even one "From the mind of MustangAce17" with some crazy designs that might fly lol

Exactly!

Well I am almost done with the finishing touches. Anybody want me to unveil it today?

Fred
Old Dec 07, 2012, 10:02 AM
Hampton, VA
Joined Mar 2009
1,284 Posts
Yeah!!! I need a pick me up. Flu's kinda knocked me off
my feet.

Ksqm
ksqm is online now Find More Posts by ksqm
Old Dec 07, 2012, 10:07 AM
Lee Liddle
Carrollton, Tx
Joined Dec 2006
8,196 Posts
For sure, let's see it!
Knife Liddle is online now Find More Posts by Knife Liddle
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 07, 2012, 11:51 AM
Addicted to building...
Omaha Nebraska
Joined Feb 2006
5,998 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksqm View Post
Yeah!!! I need a pick me up. Flu's kinda knocked me off
my feet.

Ksqm

Oh man, I'm sorry for that. I hate getting sick and I do hope you feel better soon. I'll get some photos up soon for sure to maybe give you a small boost anyway!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knife Liddle View Post
For sure, let's see it!

Stay tuned!

Fred
Old Dec 07, 2012, 02:07 PM
Addicted to building...
Omaha Nebraska
Joined Feb 2006
5,998 Posts
Here we go!

A couple days of no posting photos to finish her up, along with heavy woorkload and some babysitting, I got her all but ready to maiden. still need to mount the pushrods. So before that and some pre-flight testing, lets get to the fnish line, shall we.

I want to thank everyone that has followed along, but especially those that have chimed in and posted along the way. Without interest in these projects I would just build them quietly and go my own way. It's so much fun to have some comrads along the way.

I left off last time, needing to put the nose on. That done, I glued on the cockpit, but it had it's liquid masking applied so we would be ready for paint. You may note I covered the servos with a piece of silver tissue paper as part of my preperation work for painting as this will allow better coverage of the orange color! A weigh in always to see what paint will be adding to the airframe, and just prior to paint measured the airframe with a painting stick holding device. We will use a referance of 23.0g with stick, or 19.6g RTF without battery

Fred

Old Dec 07, 2012, 02:14 PM
Addicted to building...
Omaha Nebraska
Joined Feb 2006
5,998 Posts
First, the base color.

First I painted the entire airframe a lighter gray. Adding 0.6g in the process. Preperation paid off as the paint weight came out pretty good. I used Tamya Acrylics in the little jars, thinned, and airbrushed for the lightest of all applications. I couldn't help myself and I did a god color coat, after I sanded with some 600 grit paper, but that did not remove weight, just color.

Fred

Old Dec 07, 2012, 02:18 PM
Addicted to building...
Omaha Nebraska
Joined Feb 2006
5,998 Posts
Next color applied, then some.....

Now I added a bit of darker gray to do a camo job. Next I did the nose cone in Black Green, the afterburner in silver with gray highlights, and a white stripe on the top of the fin. I am really loving this paint job, becaus do note the Drak Gray, White, Silver, and Black-Green added only added 0.1g to the weight.

Fred

Old Dec 07, 2012, 02:31 PM
Addicted to building...
Omaha Nebraska
Joined Feb 2006
5,998 Posts
So what nation will this Mirage 2000 represent????

I personally wanted to do a Mirage that was from a Nation that is one of the United States Allies. I did not want to do a French version (even though the Mirage is French... ..... LOL). That would be too common and easy. So I decided upon a English Speaking Nation, one far away, and Down Under. The Austrailians (of course)

Now no getting in a huff here, because I did take a bit of Artistic Licence here, and colors may be slightly different, insignia may be seen on the top and bottom of the wing and such. The camo was not handstakingly copied on graph paper and transfered to the airframe. In fact, it was all freehand with the airbrush, and only masking was the nose and tail cone seperation! Oh well I'm allowed. Besides this is one tiny model and it will not be in any contests. It is in fact just a test bed, but had to look the part to be in my Fleet!

So I did my signature light weight tissue decals for this baby! A couple should probably be shrunken a bit more, but I was ready to get this thing finished (something a few have accused my of not doing on some other jets in the works).

So note these photos are of my process to make Decals. Pennies a sheet, so made several. I wanted to try my new printer so I did transparent and the white back coated variety. I have a Mini How Too Thread on doing these Decals if you haven't seen it Here is a Link to the Decal Thread.

Fred

Last edited by Freddie B; Dec 07, 2012 at 04:00 PM.
Old Dec 07, 2012, 02:52 PM
Addicted to building...
Omaha Nebraska
Joined Feb 2006
5,998 Posts
Here ya go!

Have a look. Minus pushrods at the moment, she is all but ready to go. Trying to decide which pictures I liked the best, but it's hard. I'll be thinking about that one for a bit. Does it look like a Mirage to you?

Fred