HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 31, 2011, 11:14 AM
United States, CO, Avon
Joined Oct 2004
381 Posts
Question
RSS feeds??????????????????????

I have posted several posts asking if there is any way to discriminate RSS feeds by thread, or even classifieds by category and have not had a response.

Can any of you RC Groups ADMINS let me know if there is any way I can get a RSS feed for example for a specific classifieds category or even for a unique thread?

Looks like you have only setup a general feed with EVERYTHING.
It will be useful not to get a bunch of discussion posts on an RSS feed if you are interested in classifieds only.

For example: http://www.rcgroups.com/classifieds-....php?type=RSS2
This feed sends, for sale posts, discussion posts and some other stuff too.

If there are other rss feeds links I don't know, please let me know.

And the Rss builder you guys have here http://www.rcgroups.com/pages/rss/ hasn't been working forever.
ZeekWorld is online now Find More Posts by ZeekWorld
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 01, 2011, 01:49 PM
RCGroups tech support
Joined May 2002
3,436 Posts
Each forum has its own RSS feed. If you use Firefox, you can see the individual RSS feed for a forum by loading it in the browser and looking in the "Bookmarks" -> "Subscribe to this page" menu. What browser do you use?
Mike Kolesnikov is offline Find More Posts by Mike Kolesnikov
Administrator
Old Sep 01, 2011, 07:01 PM
United States, CO, Avon
Joined Oct 2004
381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Kolesnikov View Post
Each forum has its own RSS feed. If you use Firefox, you can see the individual RSS feed for a forum by loading it in the browser and looking in the "Bookmarks" -> "Subscribe to this page" menu. What browser do you use?
ok, I guess each forum on the classifieds have one, but not each thread.
Like if I want to follow the thread "Great Planes Escapade" ONLY, it is not possible. When I subscribe to the thread it pulls all posts under the parent category = Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes / sport planes.
ZeekWorld is online now Find More Posts by ZeekWorld
Old Sep 02, 2011, 09:39 AM
RCGroups tech support
Joined May 2002
3,436 Posts
Right, there are no RSS feeds for the individual threads at this moment.
Mike Kolesnikov is offline Find More Posts by Mike Kolesnikov
Administrator