HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 26, 2014, 04:24 PM
Sweden, Kronoberg County, Älmhult
Joined Nov 2013
28 Posts
Build Log
Rc Perkasa torpedo boat ,Hooben,1/32 scale

Greeting...
After six months working on the Hooben perkasa torpedo boat kit 1/32 scale I finshed it befor few days ago.I orderd it from www.vosper-perkasa.com and just few days after I got the package. With first looking to the kit I realized its need too much work and time to get perfect result. I get too much help from Christopher the man how working in www.vosper-perkasa.com he is very nice person he gave me very useful information to build this boat. The six months it really long time but its enough time to get boat with good details especially I remade many parts in this kit because the standard one either poor details or damage plastic or too thin photo etch but generally the main parts in this kit such as the boat hull ,cabin and the engine room is very good. I used Tamiya putty and Perfect plastic putty the bothe was very important to correct some of parts. And I reinforce the joining places in the hull from inside and out side I used Stabilit Express its very good german glue and I used it in another important parts in this boat
hassn is offline Find More Posts by hassn
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 26, 2014, 04:31 PM
Joined Nov 2013
28 Posts
I bought Another Bofors gun kit from Ebay so I put the standard on in the back and the new in the front of boat .and here is some Pictures of building steps ,Hope you enjoy ,thank u very much.
Last edited by hassn; Jun 26, 2014 at 05:57 PM.
Old Jun 26, 2014, 04:57 PM
Sometimes I am the weapon
South Korea, Gyeonggi-do, Ansan-si
Joined Jan 2006
1,064 Posts
Greetings and many thanks for the pictures! Lots of pictures is never too much, so feel free to share more. It is good to see the instructions and what the kit looks like in the box too.

I have heard of this kit but have not found the best info on it so your thread here is welcome. Good to know the kit is not entirely perfect and to see the changes you made to make it better. I also like to see three motors and three screws like the original boat.

I am watching this thread...
Harquebus is offline Find More Posts by Harquebus
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 26, 2014, 05:06 PM
Joined Nov 2013
28 Posts
I return back again to Ebay and bought Adjastable speed motor for radar and siren sound unit then I fitted on the speaker Card Cup to increase the sound volum.
Last edited by hassn; Jun 26, 2014 at 06:01 PM.
Old Jun 26, 2014, 05:50 PM
Joined Nov 2013
28 Posts
Thank you Harquebus
Unfortunately I didnt take many Pictures to the kit Before the working on it, may be because I was shocked to see many details need to remade but as i said the others important parts is good and have very good details, thank you again
Old Jun 26, 2014, 06:21 PM
Joined Nov 2013
28 Posts
the decals and the letters which comes wth kit may be is not good enough so I bought Vanyl decals and letters, I put in this boat Three batter the first is 7.2v 5000mah to Power the Three motors and the six servos in the boat, the second is 6v 2000mah rchargale battery to Power 16 leds light and the last is 9v to Power the gun sounds unit.

Thank you very much for watching and excuse my weak English.
Old Jun 26, 2014, 06:24 PM
Joined Nov 2013
28 Posts
on youtube

RC Perkasa torpedoboat Hooben full function (1 min 59 sec)
Old Jun 26, 2014, 06:49 PM
boat butcher
Whittier CA.
Joined Oct 2009
1,459 Posts
Very nice . You've done a great job adding detail, and sounds/lights.

Mark
the goon is offline Find More Posts by the goon
Old Jun 26, 2014, 06:53 PM
Joined Nov 2013
28 Posts
thank you very much Mark
Old Jun 26, 2014, 07:39 PM
Sometimes I am the weapon
South Korea, Gyeonggi-do, Ansan-si
Joined Jan 2006
1,064 Posts
You finish the boat to a very high standard--she looks excellent. I am a big fan of patrol boats too; a great mixture of scale details and speed, the best of both worlds. Is this your first model boat?

Nice operating features too. Watch out, the super-bright LEDs on the instruments and in the cockpit will blind the crew at night. Those are best for spotlights only.
Harquebus is offline Find More Posts by Harquebus
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 27, 2014, 12:45 AM
Joined Nov 2013
28 Posts
Hi Harquebus
Yes this is was my first build Project but I have RTR tugboat Southampton and befor that I was interested by RC tanks I have 6 RC tanks and may be in the future I will interesting with RC Helikopter. But Im sure my next Project will be one of the Deans Marine Model or even Arkmodl(Hooben) they have another nice model boats.
Old Jun 27, 2014, 10:00 PM
New Zealand, Otago, Dunedin
Joined Feb 2012
74 Posts
Wow!!!! This is awesome. The video you have posted is great. The details you have added really make this one great build. What transmitter are you using. I think we also need to see this on the water
delboyandrodney is offline Find More Posts by delboyandrodney
Old Jun 29, 2014, 09:30 PM
Joined Nov 2013
28 Posts
Hi delbondrodney
Thank u for nice comment, Im useing Futaba 6J, 6 channel Transmitter, Actually Im take it to water two time bet I didnt take camera with me but the next time I will take two cameras andI will put the small camera in the boat cabin´.
Old Jun 29, 2014, 10:24 PM
Shanghai'd Expat
Xiaoshan, China
Joined Jun 2006
4,625 Posts
Nice build. I believe that kit was originally meant for Deans Marine back in the day when they contacted Ark to do a kit.
herrmill is online now Find More Posts by herrmill