HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 19, 2003, 10:25 PM
montreal,qc,canada
Joined Nov 2003
17 Posts
NF vs TT

Hi all,

im from quebec near Montreal city. im lookin to these cool bikes(NF and TT) and I want to know wath are the differences between those (price,availlability,performance,etc). I already have a tamya buggy but I really love bikes. I saw the NF in r/c car action and thought that was pretty cool !! the nitro thing seems more interesting even if im a beginer i got some friends who got planes so they can help me out with that motor. what are the prices (bike and nitro motor,no controls). If there are some canadian out there can you tell me how it cost in can? + shipping. ???

thx

oh sorry for the english, my first language is french.
chimairabiker is offline Find More Posts by chimairabiker
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 20, 2003, 11:13 AM
Canada, ON, Acton
Joined Oct 2003
2,126 Posts
Bonjour,

I live near Hamilton/ Toronto area, and 1 hobby shop Pinnacle hobby sold all 3 of theirs, you could ask them if they can get more? 905-471-9634 Bernie, Ron, Dave. I bought mine on Ebay, used for 155.00 US $. There is one on the shelf at Skycaft Hobbies in Burlington, Ontario, Electric version, but he wants a premium for it $400.00 CDN before taxes. WOW, he always has high prices. Sorry that's all I have.
BACKEMFNRG is offline Find More Posts by BACKEMFNRG
Old Nov 20, 2003, 02:10 PM
montreal,qc,canada
Joined Nov 2003
17 Posts
rg-1

oh and what about the rg-1, the frame look more realistic.

so this is TT vs NF vs RG-1 I think.

thx ray, I dont think ill ask them ... I will ask near me before, then ill go see on internet(any ideas where are the good places, if any in canada it would be good.)
Old Nov 20, 2003, 06:01 PM
STeve B in NC
North Carolina, USA
Joined Sep 2003
7,756 Posts
Re: rg-1

Quote:
Originally posted by chimairabiker
oh and what about the rg-1, the frame look more realistic.

so this is TT vs NF vs RG-1 I think.
Well, in the US, it's about $220 USD for a TT, shipped in a few days from California, about $320 USD for an NF, shipped in a few weeks from the Uk, or about $1300 (!!) USD for the RG-1 from Italy.

Of course the RG-1 already has a motor, but I don't think you're talking apples to apples here.

If you're gonna run something hard and risk tearing it up, I think the first two are pretty good options.

STeve B (I just wanna have fun) in NC
mollycbr123 is offline Find More Posts by mollycbr123
Old Nov 20, 2003, 06:07 PM
STeve B in NC
North Carolina, USA
Joined Sep 2003
7,756 Posts
Re: rg-1

Quote:
[i]... I will ask near me before, then ill go see on internet(any ideas where are the good places, if any in canada it would be good.) [/B]
I'm sure that I have run across internet suppliers of the TT who are in Canada. Surf around, you'll find something.

If not, try www.Ultimatehobbies.com in California, $219.95 usd, free shipping, for the TT. Not sure about shipping to Canada, though.

STeve B in NC
Old Nov 20, 2003, 10:28 PM
montreal,qc,canada
Joined Nov 2003
17 Posts
what makes the NF 100$ more. what is the price for the novarossi/NF cx12 motor or what are the motors that fit in those bikes.

thx and sorry for all those newbie questions...
Old Nov 21, 2003, 12:03 AM
STeve B in NC
North Carolina, USA
Joined Sep 2003
7,756 Posts
I can't tell you why the NF is $100 more, other than maybe the exchange rate between the USD and Brit pound. There are virtually no major differences b/t the two bikes. I got my NF first, then got a TT, and like both bikes just as well. The only performance advantage of the NF might be the lighter rider figure, as he's made of lexan too, and slightly quicker handling due to a shorter swingarm and better rear shock.

I have modified/adjusted each bike differently, one for lightness, quick transitions, and low end grunt, the other for top speed stability, but without the mods they perform pretty much equally. And it is easy to modify either of them if you want.

Just because of price, I'd probably recommend the TT as a first bike, to see how you like them.

My .02

STeve B in NC
Last edited by mollycbr123; Nov 21, 2003 at 12:09 AM.
Old Nov 21, 2003, 12:43 AM
Joined Nov 2003
22 Posts
Nuova Faor

I have a electric nuova faor moto and the complete frame has been polished to a shine and it has all the nut and any thing that could be replaced with purple anodized parts where replaced. The cycle also has the optional disc brakes and come with 13 turn motor, servos and three bodies and driver. Best offer.
altima03 is offline Find More Posts by altima03
Old Nov 21, 2003, 01:26 AM
I'm not totally useless..
Drunen. NL
Joined Sep 2003
407 Posts
Quote:
complete frame has been polished to a shine and it has all the nut and any thing that could be replaced with purple anodized parts where replaced. The cycle also has the optional disc brakes and come with 13 turn motor, servos and three bodies and driver. Best offer.
To make things clear for you, above is not standard.....but it sounds nice!

A few differences between NF and TT

* Frame plates of the TT are pressed out of a big alu plate and the NF is CNC milled out of a plate (more accurate).
* NF comes with a treaded shock shaft with collar (much more precise adjustment) and the TT only has plastic spacer.
* TT has standard (hard) slick tires and the NF comes standard with soft (GRP 45 shore) tires which improves handling a lot.
* NF has standard a front wheel with hex center to mount a brake disk on, TT you have to buy an extra wheel
* TT comes pre build and painted blue (all the same), NF comes as a real kit. Great fun building it, and give your fairings a personal touch of color.
* NF's chubby rider figure is much lighter

I went for the NF...........

O yeah, thanks Scaulfie, NF comes standard with a steering damper.
radical ron is offline Find More Posts by radical ron
Last edited by radical ron; Nov 21, 2003 at 06:36 AM.
Old Nov 21, 2003, 04:48 AM
montreal,qc,canada
Joined Nov 2003
17 Posts
hey thx , now I see, these differances are worth the 100 $ more. I think

if I start from nothing: consider I would like to have the NF . what do I have to buy

-NF kit (building it is a big ++++)
-motor(novarossi/NF cx12)(maybe... is it the same price than other same cathegory motors.
-controls(do you use a gun type or those with two sticks.)
(what come with the controller(servos ,reciever))
those one can be fitted in the bike ??or I need to buy specials ones ?
-battery pack
-fuel
-what else ? i know there is something missing.
Old Nov 21, 2003, 06:21 AM
Big thrills w/o hospital bills
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,752 Posts
NF V TT...

I don't think the TT comes anywhere near the NF,... the NF is clearly made for the racer!...

The TT is for those that can't aford all the extras that the NF has, like the adjustable rear racing shock, the GRP tires, the lighter smaller pitch chain, steering damper, and all their parts are milled not pressed!...

The TT however is made as an RTR for anyone to get into rcbikes, it's just a cheaper version of the NF and less the extra $100...!

Although, i have 2 TT's and i've enjoyed coverting the origonal one it into a gas bike, i'll also have to add if it was'nt for Dave (CNR) my TT would still be as stock as ever and probably still electric!!!... If you like to build/convert things, the TT would be the cheaper option!... My other TT is electric but it's pretty much all CNR parts and half the weight of the stock TT too...

-shaun-
scaulfi is offline Find More Posts by scaulfi
Last edited by scaulfi; Nov 21, 2003 at 07:03 AM.
Old Nov 21, 2003, 07:56 AM
STeve B in NC
North Carolina, USA
Joined Sep 2003
7,756 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by radical ron

A few differences between NF and TT

* Frame plates of the TT are pressed out of a big alu plate and the NF is CNC milled out of a plate (more accurate).
* NF comes with a treaded shock shaft with collar (much more precise adjustment) and the TT only has plastic spacer.
* TT has standard (hard) slick tires and the NF comes standard with soft (GRP 45 shore) tires which improves handling a lot.
* NF has standard a front wheel with hex center to mount a brake disk on, TT you have to buy an extra wheel
* TT comes pre build and painted blue (all the same), NF comes as a real kit. Great fun building it, and give your fairings a personal touch of color.
* NF's chubby rider figure is much lighter

I went for the NF...........

O yeah, thanks Scaulfie, NF comes standard with a steering damper.
I guess I forgot about all those other things. . I was thinking more about bang for the buck for someone who wanted to get a first bike just to see if they liked it. Of course, there's very few kit parts left on my NF, so I was comparing them from memory. I got my NF before they switched to the better wheels and GRP tires, so I had to buy them anyway

STeve B in NC
Old Nov 21, 2003, 09:39 AM
western pennsylvania
Joined Nov 2003
37 Posts
altima, what would you take for the bike. i am going to buy one for sure so email me and we will discuss the price. where are you located? email is pmmadden816@cs.com
westernpa is offline Find More Posts by westernpa
Old Nov 21, 2003, 10:06 AM
STeve B in NC
North Carolina, USA
Joined Sep 2003
7,756 Posts
Re: Nuova Faor

Quote:
Originally posted by altima03
I have a electric nuova faor moto and the complete frame has been polished to a shine and it has all the nut and any thing that could be replaced with purple anodized parts where replaced. The cycle also has the optional disc brakes and come with 13 turn motor, servos and three bodies and driver. Best offer.
Any pics?

STeve B in NC
Old Nov 21, 2003, 07:29 PM
Joined Nov 2003
22 Posts
nuova faor

No pics because I have no camera. South Carolina
altima03 is offline Find More Posts by altima03