HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 07:56 AM
V120D02S,Mini Cps,Hifa,HCPs
Canada, QC, Saint-Pacôme
Joined Apr 2014
87 Posts
Thanks. I just realized I can now fly in those temperatures, with the right batteries and without crashing in the snow which sometimes melt instantly on the motor etc, I think I burnt something on one hcp100 after a crash in the snow. It still fly fine but acts funny in normal mode. Happy holidays.
Shthawk79 is offline Find More Posts by Shthawk79
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 10:22 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,494 Posts
i bought my bl main Mini c/p 18 months ago. Very smooth and no issues. i recently converted Genius c/p with V100D03 bl motor. ESC I got from CJ.
The Genius bl main has better power but not as smooth flyer. It is stable but slight wobble to it. The plus is lots of punch so for now good to go. I may convert other Genius c/p to bl main from dual bl kit . I will not use tail bl motor.
The bl motors are good on batteries. If other Genius is ok I'll take stock Minis off flight line. Goal is to have as many of my 100 sized birds bl.
Instead of looking for new birds use what i have. I should be able to fly my fleet for at least another year or two. Next goal is 250/300/450's. Micros/ and Minis.
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Yesterday, 05:06 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,494 Posts
I converted my other V1 to bl. WK kit but just used main bl motor. Thing really zipps along and needed no adjusting. Now have two bl Minis and one Genius c/p.
Old Yesterday, 06:20 PM
Canada, QC, Saint-Pacôme
Joined Apr 2014
87 Posts
I went back to brushed motors on two of my minis for the time being on account of the cold. Below 5 C my brushless set ups start bogging easy. I used to put a few batteries in a ziplock bag in a cup of warm water but I find it a little hard on lipos and once it turned out the bag had a hole in it

It was pretty cool to go back to brushed and find out how fine it is that way too. It made me appreciate it better. Anyway, I too really love this heli and wish Walkera would release some new heli some day.
Last edited by Shthawk79; Yesterday at 06:28 PM.
Old Yesterday, 06:53 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,494 Posts
Sad part is clones have destroyed R&D on micro helis. What they are doing now is putting bl motors in some. Not much better but they can cll them bl. V977 is a turkey. V931 about the same. Hisky offered some ghost helis in form of 130's, but nada . Excusess and B/S name of game. Most clonies still have no TX computer with their name on it. Make you buy module so you can use a real TX.
Walkera has not made a new heli for years. Updated a few but thats about it.
Blade dropped a few and added one. $250.00 180 CF-X, not much help there is it !!. Nano CP-X is only available a bnf/ Use to be $99.95bnf/ $119.95 RTF. Now its $119.95 BNF only.
Staff running Walkera are not into helis. Quads etc are what they care about.
Old Yesterday, 06:58 PM
Canada, QC, Saint-Pacôme
Joined Apr 2014
87 Posts
Will be interesting to see how the hcp100s does. I couldn't resist, I've got one on the way, on the slow BG boat.