Canada, ON, Strathroy
Joined Feb 2010
286 Posts
Discussion
Litehawk Pro

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=EFzl5rrHS1I
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=AyT-1tCqj38
Z24 is offline Find More Posts by Z24
Last edited by Z24; Feb 04, 2011 at 09:12 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 04, 2011, 10:06 PM
Central Florida, USA
Joined Sep 2010
1,862 Posts
That looks like a re-branded JXD 340 "Drift King". I don't recall anyone here to the best of my knowledge who has bought one, and reviewed it.

Ed

edwong3 is offline Find More Posts by edwong3
Old Feb 05, 2011, 02:12 PM
Joined Dec 2010
821 Posts
Yeah, its just a rebadge JXD 340, BUT it's from a canadian company, so I really am tempted to go out and get one.. *I think they sell the litehawk brand at the source* (canadian version of radio shack)
THE_SHRUB is offline Find More Posts by THE_SHRUB
Old Feb 05, 2011, 03:13 PM
Z24
Tamiya For A Me A
Canada, ON, Strathroy
Joined Feb 2010
286 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE_SHRUB View Post
Yeah, its just a rebadge JXD 340, BUT it's from a canadian company, so I really am tempted to go out and get one.. *I think they sell the litehawk brand at the source* (canadian version of radio shack)
Yep, got mine from the Source, its pretty awesome!
Old Feb 07, 2011, 02:06 PM
perpetual noob
New Hampshire
Joined Dec 2010
415 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwong3 View Post
That looks like a re-branded JXD 340 "Drift King". I don't recall anyone here to the best of my knowledge who has bought one, and reviewed it.

Ed
I did. Short story: save your money. A few more dollars gets you a real 4 channel.
_pokey is offline Find More Posts by _pokey
Old Feb 07, 2011, 07:04 PM
Central Florida, USA
Joined Sep 2010
1,862 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by _pokey View Post
I did. Short story: save your money. A few more dollars gets you a real 4 channel.
Well I'm not in the market for a Lighthawk Pro (JXD 340), though I do own the JXD 335, and that is a superb, class leading 3 channel ultra micro.

Was your heli simply defective, or did it's performance not be to your liking?

Ed
edwong3 is offline Find More Posts by edwong3
Old Feb 11, 2011, 10:18 PM
perpetual noob
New Hampshire
Joined Dec 2010
415 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwong3 View Post
Well I'm not in the market for a Lighthawk Pro (JXD 340), though I do own the JXD 335, and that is a superb, class leading 3 channel ultra micro.

Was your heli simply defective, or did it's performance not be to your liking?

Ed
I can totally understand the 335 being considered class leading. The 340 is actually pretty good as a 3 channel once you get used to it. The fourth channel just doesn't work well enough to make it worth the extra money. I love how much lift power it has. It can go from a fast fall to a fast climb almost instantly. MUCH faster than the 6010, and even faster than my 32gram S107. It is very difficult to hover though, the left stick is far to sensitive up and down, but completely digital for left and right movements. and you have to move the stick to the very end of it's travel to get it to strafe sideways. It yaws very well, faster than the S107 and almost as accurately. Forward and reverse are nice and quick no complaints there. If it were lighter (like the 335) it would be astonishingly fast in all directions. Having a crippled fourth channel is a net negative, that's all. In that price range, I'd rather have gone with a heli that had a real swash plate. But based on my experience with the 340, I'd wager that all of the JXD 3 channels are phenomenal helis.

Also I have to admit that I do like it more now than when I first got it. It's not not as precise as the S107, so maybe I was a bit spoiled when I first got it. If I had had a Phantom 6010 as my first heli, and compared it to that instead, I would have given it a much more positive review.
_pokey is offline Find More Posts by _pokey
Old Mar 28, 2011, 09:16 PM
Joined Mar 2011
272 Posts
Hi all I am new to the site and the world of RC and this is my first...... book, ah post. As you can tell by my name I am flying one of these heli's. I Have to admit I am surprised with how this chopper has been reviewed! I have had this Bird for 2 days now and I feel I made a smart choice. I grabbed this gem for 69 bucks at the source in Canada. I had gone to my local hobby shop to see what they had in a 4 channel bird. I must say I was a bit skeptical about dropping $219 on a high end one with no remote to boot! The thought of dropping $119 on a 3 channel helicopter with remote didn't impress me either. So I took a risk and got the Litehawk Pro and wow! What fun it is!

Now it took me a day to get it down, and I know I am new to the R/C thing but here it goes. I am going to stick with the flight and battery. The features are already listed above.

This bird is steady! Once trimmed correctly it will hover hands free. If your having troubles trimming it, it may be your battery is not centered. I don't blame the company for something like a cooked battery. It's a long way to a store shelf!

The 4th channel feature seems slow at first. It is a little hard for a new pilot to grasp at first. But with a little wear in time and some Tri Flo lube and patients you will get the hang of it. When you do you will be pleased. There is also a speed boost button for forward flight that is good for avoiding and getting into trouble!

The battery is 180 mah lipo. it charges off the remote and there is also a usb charger included. It seems that the charger/heli has a built in sensor and kills the charge cycle when completed on the usb. That or the red light just goes out to tell you it is done. The Remote charger just goes from red to a flashing green. Charge time is 40-50 minutes. Run time is about 8-10 minutes (lights off).I find this perfect if it ran any longer or charged any faster I would get nothing done. But I am going to head to the local hobby shop and see about a 200 - 240 mah detachable up grade! The heli cuts out when it senses a low battery to save you form killing it completely. My bird gives me fair warning that the battery is about to die and starts to ask for full power to stay in the air for the last minute or so.

Now from what I have seen online this controller is set up like a hobby grade controller. Please correct me if I am wrong. left hand controls power (up/down) and side to side movement. while the right side controls the 360 degree movement left and right and the forward and backwards flight.

Now apparently the service is great and parts are readily available. I wouldn't know for sure because I haven't had a problem, This thing is lite but built like a tank.

Now I have not flown anything in my life before but traction kites while kiteboarding and a old school rope control gas pot plane. But I think the four channel is well worth the extra cash. I think I would of bored quickly with the 3 channel heli's. And it was $69 plus tax!
litehawkdown is online now Find More Posts by litehawkdown
Old Mar 28, 2011, 11:17 PM
Canada, ON, Bracebridge
Joined Feb 2011
44 Posts
Love the name Litehawkdown...thats good!!!!

Im glad to here someone else here who loves their Litehawk Pro heli.

Its NOT a JXD drift king and their original LH isnt a 335...bottom line...id refer to the post from the company explaining the building process...but im itired of reposting it.
Its in a thread bout the original LH.
Some companies Litehawk included) have put together the right combo of parts to make some GREAT little helis and the parts/service thats second to none....puts them in a TOTALLY different class of "toy" marketers/producers.
Tye
Finally a Canadian company doing a bang up job but "cant get no respect"
Hawzzy is offline Find More Posts by Hawzzy
Old Mar 28, 2011, 11:30 PM
Z24
Tamiya For A Me A
Canada, ON, Strathroy
Joined Feb 2010
286 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawzzy View Post

Its NOT a JXD drift king and their original LH isnt a 335...bottom line...id refer to the post from the company explaining the building process...but im itired of reposting it.
Some companies Litehawk included) have put together the right combo of parts to make some GREAT little helis and the parts/service thats second to none....puts them in a TOTALLY different class of "toy" marketers/producers.
Tye
To bad there not made in Canada.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 12:02 AM
Z24
Tamiya For A Me A
Canada, ON, Strathroy
Joined Feb 2010
286 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by litehawkdown View Post
Now from what I have seen online this controller is set up like a hobby grade controller. Please correct me if I am wrong. left hand controls power (up/down) and side to side movement. while the right side controls the 360 degree movement left and right and the forward and backwards flight.
No the controls are different from a real radio. Left stick throttle, left right turn,.... right stick forward, reverse, slide left, right. The Pro's controls threw me off some, but got used to it.
Old Apr 05, 2011, 01:01 PM
Joined Mar 2011
277 Posts
Will grab one today. At least I wont have to order parts from China and wait weeks for delivery as is the case with my s107s.. But I like the s107s for their cheap prices and nice accurate flights.

The Pro would be a nice 4chan at a reasonable price, and its also a "quality" RC, you gotta respect that :P I am gonna check whats the stock battery on it tonight. Then Weight the Pro as is stock and post some numbers here.

Any one done anything on their Pro yet?
RCHeli11 is offline Find More Posts by RCHeli11
Old Apr 06, 2011, 10:34 AM
Canada, ON, Bracebridge
Joined Feb 2011
44 Posts
It weighs 42 (ish) gr...the batt is 180 mah...lighten it, take off the skids...it FLIES QUICK...two speed rear tail motor..fast and faster...LOL
Hawzzy is offline Find More Posts by Hawzzy
Old Apr 06, 2011, 10:51 AM
Joined Mar 2011
277 Posts
Am just wondering.. why is the Pro so loud, well compared to the s107 that is.. also battery life is really short, like 4 to 5 min.
RCHeli11 is offline Find More Posts by RCHeli11
Old Apr 11, 2011, 12:52 PM
50 Konrad Crescent, Markham, Ontario L3R 8T4
Joined Feb 2011
10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawzzy View Post

Tye

Let's answer a few questions:

- Litehawks are very similar to many micro helicopters that are currently available in the "toy" market, we do not pretend to be a hobby grade heli...that is simply not the case.

- Litehawks are vastly different in themselves as we are able to individually pick and modify parts in the build process. So steel thickness, ECU specs and such, can be modified by us to help differentiate Litehawk. You'll notice it in the flight characteristics.

- Keeping in mind that the basic "parts" are generic in nature to begin with (at base level are available to everyone), and are sold around the world under different heli names, it's difficult to make Litehawk seem like more than a knock-off, of someone else's knock-off. This though, is simply not the case.

- Litehawks are not meant to be "throw away" purchases. There are too many out there already, something breaks...chuck it. We really try to build community by offering full replacement parts, both on-line and toll free in Canada. We also try to go one further by offering customers user videos on how to fly, and if they have a crash - how to replace parts...

- Litehawk has very destinctive branding..we did not simply slap a sticker on the nose. We re-made everything from the box art, matching website, user forums , understandable instruction manuals (read ENGLISH), and full parts personnel to help customers (and they respond to each and every phone call or email, really!), a full inventory of replacement parts for both consumers and retailers that are available on-line and at your local hobby shop.

- We will stand behind every single person that buys a Litehawk. Our tag line is "from your first flight, to your best flight". And we aim to prove it!

Litehawk Canada
litehawkcanada is offline Find More Posts by litehawkcanada