HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 06, 2012, 02:19 PM
Pittsburgh, PA
United States, PA, Mt Pleasant
Joined Jul 2012
255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
Some wise man said exceed is the dumping ground for discontinued Walkera models.
That exceed is the one I'm running and referring to as my v400. Got it in early April. Exact duplicate of the Walkera. I love it. Good entry level learning 400 size 6 channel.
weav01 is offline Find More Posts by weav01
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 10, 2012, 11:56 PM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,718 Posts
After the long wait for new canopy posts, the superV is ready for action again. I've already hovered it in the bedroom, and Im takeing it to the field tomorrow. Its a little windy with this cold front blowing through, but i cant any longer...
kdean is offline Find More Posts by kdean
Old Nov 11, 2012, 09:57 PM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,718 Posts
I got two flights in with the superV, and the wind had it bobbing all over the place. But it flies great, and i'm happy. Now i can get back to getting it set up for some hard core 3D practice.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 02:32 PM
Pittsburgh, PA
United States, PA, Mt Pleasant
Joined Jul 2012
255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by segdohbird View Post
Yea, that's something I wish the 2801 had.....a file save to your computer, like the Devoted series has.
The Devo series have a 'file save to computer' function? really? I have the Devo 7. NEver saw it in the menu. Would love a function like that
weav01 is offline Find More Posts by weav01
Old Nov 13, 2012, 04:56 PM
San Jacinto, California
Joined Jan 2004
440 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by weav01 View Post
The Devo series have a 'file save to computer' function? really? I have the Devo 7. NEver saw it in the menu. Would love a function like that
You need to have the UPO2 module to interface your computer. Youtube it
segdohbird is offline Find More Posts by segdohbird
Old Nov 14, 2012, 04:04 PM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,718 Posts
I put another flight in with the superV at lunch today. The wind is still 15-20 so it was not fun. I cant really make any adjustments to better its performance when i cant get a good feel for the heli due to the wind pushing it all over the place. I also had the 500 with me, which can hold itself alot better in the wind, but just did not feel like flying in wind at all. Maybe i'll break out the m120 and fly around the living room.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 09:44 PM
Joined Dec 2011
56 Posts
Hello all,
I've run into the same problem. I have an OOB v400d02 with brushed motors. I just added the hs-5055mg servos. I can't get the heli to bind unless I remove the ALE servo plug first. Anyone know a fix for this?

I spent the money to upgrade my other v400 to brushless and it works great. I was hoping to avoid spending that money again so soon, so I hope that isn't the only fix?

I went through kdean's videos to install these servos. This was a big help. I've used the rtf-heli metal servos and the 5055's were much easier to modify and fit. Plenty of room for the servo arms and wires.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
jfranklyn is offline Find More Posts by jfranklyn
Old Nov 14, 2012, 09:56 PM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,718 Posts
Is it a devo version?

This came up awhile back in the thread, and i cant remember if there was a fix, but the fusonic servos from wow hobbies was the 'devo' alternative to the 5055s and dont need to be unpluged to bind.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 02:22 AM
Australia, NSW, Waterfall
Joined Jun 2011
1,173 Posts
Hello Guys,

Long time no chat, been busy over here in Australia and windy. Now I have morfed one of my birds into a 500 scale Bel 206 body I have a problem. I am getting far to much rpm from the tail motor, and I dont seems to be able to tame it. I have tried turning down the tail mix down on the rx....didnt work. Turned it back up...didnt work. Anyone got any idea how I can stop the standard tail motor reving its tits off? I bet it is something simple and the gurus will chime in.

Thanks
Trelos
Trelos05 is offline Find More Posts by Trelos05
Old Nov 15, 2012, 02:40 AM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,718 Posts
Hey tre,

is it constantly to high? Causing a tail drift? Does it wag? (switching from high to low like its searching for the hold) Are you brushless? If so what version of the tail motor did you get? (what is its kv) Are you using bigger batteries? (4s instead of 3s) Did you try adjusting your rudder trim?
Old Nov 15, 2012, 03:18 AM
Joined Jun 2011
1,173 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdean View Post
Hey tre,

is it constantly to high? Causing a tail drift? Does it wag? (switching from high to low like its searching for the hold) Are you brushless? If so what version of the tail motor did you get? (what is its kv) Are you using bigger batteries? (4s instead of 3s) Did you try adjusting your rudder trim?
Yo Big D,

Just knew you would be the first to reply good man. Revving its tits off so yeah, wants to spin the bird anti clockwise, no wag to report looking at it from the rear. Main motor brushless tail motor stock. Using 3s from memory, and how does one adjust the rudder trim please pray tell? She does fly but bugger me is she scary in this trim.

Cheers
Tre
Old Nov 15, 2012, 09:30 AM
Joined Dec 2011
56 Posts
yes, my v400d02 came with a devo7 transmitter. Thanks
jfranklyn is offline Find More Posts by jfranklyn
Old Nov 15, 2012, 11:25 AM
Folding Spacetime
United States, CA, Fullerton
Joined Jul 2011
2,021 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trelos05 View Post
. . . wants to spin the bird anti clockwise . . .
'Anti' clockwise, as in counterclockwise? If your heli is trying to rotate counterclockwise, then it sounds to me like the tail is not producing enough thrust.
navigator2011 is online now Find More Posts by navigator2011
Old Nov 15, 2012, 03:49 PM
Joined Jun 2011
1,173 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by navigator2011 View Post
'Anti' clockwise, as in counterclockwise? If your heli is trying to rotate counterclockwise, then it sounds to me like the tail is not producing enough thrust.
Best way to describe it, before I put the bird in this fuselage she flew normally. Now if you have the nose pointed away from you, looking at the tail on throttle up she wants to kick to the right, and the tail motor is reving quite hard. What I want to do is try and dial the rpm out, but I am not sure exactly how to do that, or what changed when I mounted in in the fuselage as I havent changed a thing. Make Sense? Cheers Guys
Old Nov 15, 2012, 03:50 PM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,718 Posts
I might need to see a vid, but high revs and anti clockwise heli rotation sounds like loose tail blades, but it should have flew off if it was loose. Check that everthing on the tail motor is tight and right. What is your gyro gain set at?