HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 05:16 AM
Gravity gives sinking feeling
Joined Jun 2011
1,517 Posts
Hi Dave,

I've very similar NTM motor in my Mentor atm . I use only 10/7 prop 3S lipos and can stay up for 6 or 8 minutes depending on the age of the lipo but I do't do 3D flying.

You're planning to use 4S so that motor can cope with it and I'll be surprised if it does not make a vertical climb on take off OPTO ESC should be fine. I use a HK Redbrick 50 amp ESC - cheap as chips.

HTH

Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey NY View Post
Perfect info thanks as you guys can tell I am getting ducks in order for my next aquisition!

I have an Opto 80 amp esc and 5v Ubec waiting to go with the following motor

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=19831

I have all this stuff lying around already so I figure I'll use it all.
I'll be running her 4s 4000mah batteries and intend on swinging a 13" prop.
Can anyone help me in determining how to mount this: I also have the access pack which is the mount and collet adapter listed below.

ALL insight is welcome and thank you guys !!!

David
CurrentDude is online now Find More Posts by CurrentDude
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 06:23 AM
Ya gotta land eventually...
United States, NY, Mahopac
Joined Sep 2010
1,084 Posts
Sweet.. that was my thinking.. want her to pretty much have huge bailout potential and try her at some very light and fun 3D stuff.. knife edging etc...

Any issues with mounting the motor? Do you recommend the aluminum upgrade i get get (aftermarket i think?)

Thanks

D
Davey NY is offline Find More Posts by Davey NY
Old Yesterday, 07:06 AM
Joined Jun 2011
1,517 Posts
Quote:
Sweet.. that was my thinking.. want her to pretty much have huge bailout potential and try her at some very light and fun 3D stuff.. knife edging etc...

Any issues with mounting the motor? Do you recommend the aluminum upgrade i get get (aftermarket i think?)

Thanks

D
Why fix it if it ain't broke

Then you can change it Al but I doubt if you'll need it unless you plant her 2' deep.

Cheers
RCG Plus Member
Old Yesterday, 07:18 AM
Joined Sep 2010
1,084 Posts
Oh no no.. what I mean is I was wondering if anyone had problems with the mounting pattern of the HK motors. I know sometimes the bolt/screw patterns dont line up..
Old Yesterday, 08:57 AM
Joined Jun 2011
1,517 Posts
I don't recall any difficulty in installing a NTM motor. I think I used lock tight and ensured the prop was balanced.

Some members have reported too much vibration/ vibration noise. I noticed initially but not nothing unusual in the last 12 months.

Cheers

Quote:
Oh no no.. what I mean is I was wondering if anyone had problems with the mounting pattern of the HK motors. I know sometimes the bolt/screw patterns dont line up..
RCG Plus Member
Old Yesterday, 09:25 AM
Joined Sep 2010
1,084 Posts
Thanks man.

I always had good results with using glue gun to dampen vibration and of course balancing prop