HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 20, 2013, 11:17 PM
To drive or to fly......BOTH!!
USA, CA, Clovis
Joined Apr 2007
6,196 Posts
I hadn't thought about that but I can do that. Would I do it top and bottom or just top?

Jason
FresnoJay is offline Find More Posts by FresnoJay
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 21, 2013, 10:51 AM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,506 Posts
just the bottom ...deflect the elevons all the way up,then add tape to bottom with a "v" shape down into the gap .that way when you move the suface up or down the tape still allows full movment ,it will fold up in the crease you have made.
AIR SALLY is offline Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
Old Oct 24, 2013, 01:56 PM
To drive or to fly......BOTH!!
USA, CA, Clovis
Joined Apr 2007
6,196 Posts
Ok so after fiddling with the original control linkages I made for the plane and getting no where. I have decided to rip out the entire setup and go with advice given to me by Air Sally in Vegas. I will be installing direct linkages to the surfaces themselves. I will be routing the servo arms out the sides of the fuse but only as far as necessary to allow for adequate surface travel.

Also removed both elevons to address some issues that came up during the last flight. The flutter was so bad on the last flight that I almost lost one surface entirely . Hoping to have the refit completed by this weekend so I can take her out again saturday morning.

Jason
FresnoJay is offline Find More Posts by FresnoJay
Old Oct 25, 2013, 10:54 AM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,506 Posts
keep us posted im sure you will get this right.
Old Nov 06, 2013, 01:59 PM
United States, CA, Los Alamitos
Joined Jan 2011
1,102 Posts
Air Sally

Rodger,

I think I'm going to get the Mark Frankel plans and go for it. I know your working on other things but the Ford bug is starting to bite hard and I want to look at the plans and decide do I start a scratch build of the 70" model.

Also, do you have canopy and or ducting for the ray your working on??? I would like to know I have another source to get my project going forward.
jefffassbinder is offline Find More Posts by jefffassbinder
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 06, 2013, 07:46 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,506 Posts
no no plug yet the canopy hatch that Larry gave me does'nt fit well so i have a bit of work to do to get it ready for a plug/mold .i have a set of the MF plans too.i was thinking of doing a depron/blue foam version ,done like the 33" WS one i flew with the 70mm fan back a few years.larry said nothing to me about helping with materials for the JHH big ford.so i guess im on my own.
Old Nov 06, 2013, 08:00 PM
United States, CA, Los Alamitos
Joined Jan 2011
1,102 Posts
Ford

I heard there is a fuse and wings available that are on the scale of MF size plans. I have the plans on order to take a look at what I might be getting into.
jefffassbinder is offline Find More Posts by jefffassbinder
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 07, 2013, 05:00 PM
San Diego, California, United States
Joined Feb 2002
2,432 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIR SALLY View Post
no no plug yet the canopy hatch that Larry gave me does'nt fit well so i have a bit of work to do to get it ready for a plug/mold .i have a set of the MF plans too.i was thinking of doing a depron/blue foam version ,done like the 33" WS one i flew with the 70mm fan back a few years.larry said nothing to me about helping with materials for the JHH big ford.so i guess im on my own.
Sorry Rodger, that was my fault. I talked with my dad and he said to email and/or call and he'll hook you up with what you need. Sorry about that!

Chris
JetMang is offline Find More Posts by JetMang