Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 13, 2012, 11:24 AM
USA, MI, Portage
Joined Sep 2003
738 Posts
Discussion
Switching HXT bullet connectors

I need to switch the positive and negitive poles on a HXT 4mm connector. Is there a way to release the current configuration and just switch the bullets? I would rather not cut the connector apart and re-do.

Thanks
skylane42 is offline Find More Posts by skylane42
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 13, 2012, 11:52 AM
The earth sucks! Thankfully.
United States, OK, Tulsa
Joined Jun 2003
418 Posts
skylane42:

With the EC# connectors I use I have used various items such as a philips screw driver, a hex driver, etc to push out the bullet. I used a sharp rap with a small hammer with to knock them out. Because the red housing is probably polarized to prevent attaching them backwards you will probably have to use a soldering iron to remove the wires and solder them into the opposite bullet.

Anyone doing this should probably add a large marker such as a big piece of masking tape to the adapter saying its polarity is reversed. Attaching it to something like an ESC could kill it.

Where are the red covered bullet connectors and the adapter in your photo avaliable.

Thanks,
- Jim
JimHSoars is offline Find More Posts by JimHSoars
Old Dec 13, 2012, 01:08 PM
USA, MI, Portage
Joined Sep 2003
738 Posts
got tit off ebay.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 09:42 PM
United States, MN
Joined Feb 2011
4,243 Posts
These push in opposite of the EC# connectors. You push the wire through, solder on the connector and then pull the bullets back in. So you would have to push them out from the wire side, so no I don't see there being any reasonable way to swap them. Even if you got them released you would have to unsolder them.
grimbeaver is offline Find More Posts by grimbeaver
Old Dec 13, 2012, 10:13 PM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
20,694 Posts
For the cost of the connector, I just toss the mistakes.

OR

Cut the wires 1/2 way down, solder back together and shrinktube. That's if the the connectors line up OK that way. Use Red shrink tube on the + wire and black shrinktube on the neg lead.
hoppy is offline Find More Posts by hoppy
Old Dec 14, 2012, 09:37 AM
USA, MI, Portage
Joined Sep 2003
738 Posts
Thanks guys. Looks like I will just build a new one.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 10:51 AM
United States, MN
Joined Feb 2011
4,243 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skylane42 View Post
Thanks guys. Looks like I will just build a new one.
Good choice. I tried to push out the bullets last night on a connector I had cut off a battery when I stopped using these horrible connectors and I could not get it out with any reasonable amount of force.
grimbeaver is offline Find More Posts by grimbeaver