HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 19, 2012, 02:02 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,162 Posts
Alert
For Sale

I have made the jump to Futaba and am going to go ahead and put up the last of my DSM items for sale to the local guys. Should items not sell, I will send them down to sell at SEFF. Pics and prices will be uploaded this evening.

Blade mCPX- Version 1. I have spare blades and accessories, need to check inventory before I price.

PZ um Su-26
PZ um 4-Site

Partially assembled DeHavilland DH-2 ultra micro (for PZ brick)- very unique, google for images of the DH-2.

I am going to go over all the electronics before I price anything out, to be sure everything is in working order...
bsbauman is offline Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My New Workshop
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 19, 2012, 02:04 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,162 Posts
pics of completed DH-2
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 19, 2012, 02:10 PM
Dacula, GA
Joined Feb 2008
3,745 Posts
Yeah, you Futaba guys are out of luck for the micros. To be honest though my interest in micros is waning....
rpstar is offline Find More Posts by rpstar
Old Mar 19, 2012, 02:13 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,162 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpstar View Post
To be honest though my interest in micros is waning....
I was loosing interest long before I had made the jump, they simply do not give me the pucker factor I am in search of
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 19, 2012, 02:18 PM
United States, GA, Acworth
Joined Mar 2011
4,313 Posts
this is the exact reason i have a cheap dx6i laying around. I dont need the pucker factor all the time. Although having three transmitters is a little bit of a pain in the ass.
shadow102 is online now Find More Posts by shadow102
Old Mar 19, 2012, 02:27 PM
Dacula, GA
Joined Feb 2008
3,745 Posts
I'll sell you a Dx5e cheap if you want one Bradley.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 07:44 PM
24 yrs. of Aircraft flying
United States, GA, Rockmart
Joined Oct 2004
5,720 Posts
let me know about the mcpx I am still trying to talk my father into getting one. think he would enjoy it, hate to see your not going to fly anything spec anymore. hate it has scared you away that much, The smaller stuff is so much fun.
epoweredrc is offline Find More Posts by epoweredrc
Old Mar 19, 2012, 10:18 PM
RCGroups Editor
United States, OH, Parma
Joined Jul 2009
4,833 Posts
You guys make it sound like Futaba is the micro kiss-of-death.

I use a DM8 module on my Futaba 9C. Binds to all my UM planes
http://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/D...odId=SPMMSFUT7
Matt Gunn is online now Find More Posts by Matt Gunn
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 20, 2012, 08:21 AM
Dacula, GA
Joined Feb 2008
3,745 Posts
There is also the new hobbico solution I guess. Forgot what they are calling it but they are giving it away free for the next while if you buy a plane.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 09:57 AM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,162 Posts
I never do it, but I multi-quoted the heck outta this post

Quote:
I'll sell you a Dx5e cheap if you want one Bradley.
LOL- cant do it... having 2 tx's is a stretch (currently have a 9c for FPV and 10c)
I need another transmitter about as badly as I need that H9 Beast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by epoweredrc View Post
let me know about the mcpx I am still trying to talk my father into getting one. think he would enjoy it, hate to see your not going to fly anything spec anymore. hate it has scared you away that much, The smaller stuff is so much fun.
I totally forgot to get to get you pics and check out electronics... will do after work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by webdr View Post
You guys make it sound like Futaba is the micro kiss-of-death.
Its funny when you put it like that... Ironically, I have seen and read of way too many DSM failures on these Atlanta Threads; one might assume JR/Spektrum is the kiss-of-death
Quote:
There is also the new hobbico solution I guess. Forgot what they are calling it but they are giving it away free for the next while if you buy a plane.
I think it is called AnyLink. It is novel and very low priced, but I am not really into any of the planes they are offering with it.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 20, 2012, 10:32 AM
Lawrenceville, GA
Joined Mar 2008
3,564 Posts
i have rarely seen a spectrum lock out on new gear. I know the 2 that I have had was on a questionable ( legit ) receiver that had been crashed a few times. Could have been a lock out. However it also was not a dsmx receiver. I am too invested in JR to change, Plus my boy flies jr/spek as well. Its a risk but would cost me much more to replace. That being said I have yet to have an issue with the higher end stuff in my bigger planes, Only the small park receivers.
bigmoebbq is offline Find More Posts by bigmoebbq
Old Mar 20, 2012, 12:05 PM
Dacula, GA
Joined Feb 2008
3,745 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmoebbq View Post
i have rarely seen a spectrum lock out on new gear. I know the 2 that I have had was on a questionable ( legit ) receiver that had been crashed a few times. Could have been a lock out. However it also was not a dsmx receiver. I am too invested in JR to change, Plus my boy flies jr/spek as well. Its a risk but would cost me much more to replace. That being said I have yet to have an issue with the higher end stuff in my bigger planes, Only the small park receivers.
Also, I'm convinced that a good majority of the "Spektrum" issues are really just power system issues meaning the actual Spektrum issues are far less than perceived.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 02:45 PM
This is NOT a TOY?
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Jul 2011
2,478 Posts
Quote:
Also, I'm convinced that a good majority of the "Spektrum" issues are really just power system issues meaning the actual Spektrum issues are far less than perceived.
+1
They aren't tolerant of low voltage at all.
I think some folks would be shocked if they took a good look at what their recvr voltage is doing, especially coming out of some of those built-in BEC's.
C_Watkins is online now Find More Posts by C_Watkins
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 21, 2012, 11:55 AM
Dacula, GA
Joined Feb 2008
3,745 Posts
I'll be curious as to how Futaba treats you for service when you need it. Horizon just emailed me that my receiver and broken Dx6i are on the way back to me and I never paid them anything (they didn't ask). The Dx6i had some broken switches (my fault for at least one of them) and broken antenna (common issue) and the receiver had two antenna knocked off (again my fault). I'm guessing they just fixed the Dx6i and replaced the receiver but we'll see. In any case, this is one reason I have 3 transmitters, about 25 receivers, and multiple planes from them.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 12:46 PM
RCGroups Editor
United States, OH, Parma
Joined Jul 2009
4,833 Posts
Thats just it... Futaba doesnt need service.

j/k
Matt Gunn is online now Find More Posts by Matt Gunn
RCG Plus Member