Banana Furikake is online now Find More Posts by Banana Furikake
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 21, 2012, 01:32 AM
United States, MI, Ann Arbor
Joined Mar 2012
224 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingbreaker View Post
Got a couple Black's on order....... Looks like a good add to the collection. Selling my entire GoPro V1 gear set-up. Posting tomorrow on rcgroups.
red1one is offline Find More Posts by red1one
Old Nov 21, 2012, 07:26 AM
SMILE you're being recorded :)
Joined Apr 2010
755 Posts
...I think I could use some advices for new Zinger propellers.
I have tried Zingers 9x4 on DJI F550 frame with original 2212 920KV motors, 2x 4S 3300mah and it were too close to overheating, even without any camera on AG550 at around 1000m (3280ft) from sea level and considering an average temperature of 30*C (86*F).
I would like to try the Zingers again as carbon props can be a bit dangerous.
I'm now with Sunnysky's 2216 800KV motors instead of DJI's and 30A Simon flashed ESCs.
I went for eCalc but they don't have Sunnysky's motors on list neither Zinger's on props options. I'm considering 9X4 again on Hexa-V and 9X5 pusher for bottom motors when on Y6 configuration, but would be nice to have some opinions before placing the order.

I don't have a scale but probably my final weight should be around 3.6kg (8pounds) when I have the Ag550, camera and FPV stuff onboard.
Velociraptor73 is offline Find More Posts by Velociraptor73
Last edited by Velociraptor73; Nov 21, 2012 at 08:01 AM.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 07:27 AM
Video Juggernaut
FL
Joined Nov 2003
2,637 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by red1one View Post
Got a couple Black's on order....... Looks like a good add to the collection. Selling my entire GoPro V1 gear set-up. Posting tomorrow on rcgroups.
why sell, keep for a separate copter or backup. The V1 is still a great camera. Tppacks will have a crab soon, perfect for a v1 flip and crash cam.
Wingbreaker is offline Find More Posts by Wingbreaker
Old Nov 21, 2012, 08:00 AM
Videopilot
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined May 2009
2,715 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by askman View Post
the frame does not include the tube IMS,which is part of the gimbal. but there is a hole in the frame where you can mount the v1.x isolation plate from the LG can be mounted. (I know this is the case for lobster, I do need to make sure for shrimp. it will for sure on the next run of shrimp if it isnot on the first batch) but yes, you could bolt the v1.x gimbal onto this tube as well (just drill a few holes onto the gimbal plate) it can be made available. hmm, may be a special version for v1.x owners.

2216 -800kv sunnysky. on 4S
I dont have one in hand to be sure, but it looks like if we could order that piece, or a slightly modified one, we could use the AG550 main carriage and lose the bulky upper plate. I think it is a great idea, assuming it can be implemented pretty easily.

Thanks for all the knowledge, by the way.
Derek_S is offline Find More Posts by Derek_S
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Iconic X
Old Nov 21, 2012, 08:54 AM
Destroyer of G-10
United States, OR
Joined Jul 2004
10,083 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek_S View Post
I dont have one in hand to be sure, but it looks like if we could order that piece, or a slightly modified one, we could use the AG550 main carriage and lose the bulky upper plate. I think it is a great idea, assuming it can be implemented pretty easily.

Thanks for all the knowledge, by the way.
well,for v1.x, /tube, it can be done with a different plate, I will make one up and do a test piece. it would make it easier to adapt to the frames. probably bit lighter but the best thing is taht it would allow you to take adavantage of the isolation system in the frame.
askman is online now Find More Posts by askman
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 22, 2012, 12:33 PM
Joined Mar 2012
786 Posts
Just got my lobster in the mail
I'll try to take a few pics along the way... First step is to extend the avroto cables I had shortened for the 550 . I'll use female bullets to make the bridge...
c3d76 is online now Find More Posts by c3d76
Old Nov 22, 2012, 12:59 PM
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Mar 2008
817 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by c3d76 View Post
Just got my lobster in the mail
I'll try to take a few pics along the way... First step is to extend the avroto cables I had shortened for the 550 . I'll use female bullets to make the bridge...
FYI, make sure you shrink wrap each bullet connection together.
gww528 is offline Find More Posts by gww528
Old Nov 22, 2012, 02:50 PM
Support yer local CharlieSheen
Joined May 2011
983 Posts
HFG V1,03 vs 1.7r2

I finally got a chance to fly with v 1.03 today and I can positively say that it is FAR FAR smoother than it was on V 1.7r2 Thanks Askman and Gary for the excellent product you have made available to us. Everything seems to be working as advertised, it took a little patience and head scratching but Im finally getting it to where it should be. I will make a video showing my (slow) progress from the first to last testing flights with my F550/AG550/Hoverfly gimbal/ sony Nex5n w/16mm pancake lens and post it both here and on the HFG settings thread as long as no-one objects!

Cheers and thanks! Happy Thanksgiving!

Isaac
isaacintheclouds is offline Find More Posts by isaacintheclouds
Old Nov 22, 2012, 03:01 PM
Joined Mar 2012
786 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gww528 View Post
FYI, make sure you shrink wrap each bullet connection together.
Cheers, but I'm only using the female side of the bullet and soldering the cables into each hollow end
c3d76 is online now Find More Posts by c3d76
Last edited by c3d76; Nov 22, 2012 at 03:09 PM.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 03:10 PM
Joined Mar 2008
817 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by isaacintheclouds View Post
I finally got a chance to fly with v 1.03 today and I can positively say that it is FAR FAR smoother than it was on V 1.7r2 Thanks Askman and Gary for the excellent product you have made available to us. Everything seems to be working as advertised, it took a little patience and head scratching but Im finally getting it to where it should be. I will make a video showing my (slow) progress from the first to last testing flights with my F550/AG550/Hoverfly gimbal/ sony Nex5n w/16mm pancake lens and post it both here and on the HFG settings thread as long as no-one objects!

Cheers and thanks! Happy Thanksgiving!

Isaac
When you load different firmware, does it wipe out your settings?
Old Nov 22, 2012, 03:12 PM
Joined Mar 2008
817 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by c3d76 View Post
Cheers, but I'm only using the female side of the bullet and soldering the cables into each hollow end
good idea
Old Nov 22, 2012, 04:08 PM
United States, CA, SF
Joined Sep 2011
551 Posts
What is the white material below the RX100?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGoodrum View Post
The new AG500 baseplate is going to support both the Hero3 and the RX100. For the latter, there is a second plate that will sit on top of six EAR rubber isolators, that are then mounting to the main camera tray baseplate. There will be an access hole in both plates in order to pass an HDMI cable in to the RX100's oddly positioned HDMI connector.

-- Gary
Mike SF is offline Find More Posts by Mike SF
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: New Website and Showreel
Old Nov 22, 2012, 04:11 PM
Support yer local CharlieSheen
Joined May 2011
983 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gww528 View Post
When you load different firmware, does it wipe out your settings?
It didnt with mine. I had to do a little messing with my center points and scaling factor. I think I am going to factory reset anyways soon just to make sure everything is as tight as it can be. I did notice though that all the readouts in the diagnostics screen were more stable than they were on V1.7.
isaacintheclouds is offline Find More Posts by isaacintheclouds
Closed Thread