Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Sep 29, 2011, 09:57 PM
Wonderfully Wicked
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
12,967 Posts
Discussion
To all model rocket modelers

Not sure how many of you guys like to fly model rockets (I do with my son) but now they want to classify model rocket motors as "explosives" which will make the cost of buying rocket motors go way up. I urge all to email this letter to the government. Please see the link below.

http://www.towerhobbies.com/promos/e...ce_092711.html

Don

You can send the letter by cutting and pasting.

TO: specialpermits@dot.gov
Subject: DOT-SP 7887 Show Cause Response

Dear Associate Administrator,

The purpose of this e-mail is to request that DOT-SP 7887 be kept in force as written. The Special Permit, previously DOT-E 7887 has been in place since 1978 and is used by many of us who enjoy hobbies including model rockets, motors and igniters.

To my knowledge, there has never been an incident involving the shipping and transporting of model rocket motors and igniters. Further I believe that shipping these products as "Explosives" will create unnecessary fear and difficulty for those handling, transporting, receiving, storing, selling and using these products.

After 33 years of use, the termination of the Special Permit is unwarranted and possibly damaging to an educational and recreational product that has an excellent record. In closing, I again request the Special Permit be kept in place as written.

- Your Name and Address
The Don is online now Find More Posts by The Don
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 29, 2011, 10:27 PM
Suspended Account
Mentor, OH
Joined Dec 2004
8,426 Posts
thanks for the heads up.

i'll send mine out in the A.M.
sgtdirt is offline Find More Posts by sgtdirt