SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 13, 2015, 09:42 AM
Find More Posts by sepcter
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Jun 2010
185 Posts
AC-10 This weekend

Hi Graham
Well I had two good flights on Sat morning on the last landing a gust of wind got me (forgot to say it was very windy) and the model tipped to one side and hit the blades.
Didn't do any damage to the overall model but it snapped one of the rods that, they use for the pushrods connection to the head block. I have no idea where I can get one of these the metal is very hard stainless. I did notice that where it screws into the head it didn't butt up against the threaded head fitting block, my friends is the same way.
I think if you grind off the end just a bit it will fit flush against the head block and be much stronger, and there is still plenty of room to put the set screws down into the rod itself
I think this would be a simple mod and will do it if I can get a replacement part.
The repaired blades held up fine, there is a photo before I added the 3/4 oz fiberglass cloth over the joint, you can't tell how badly they were damaged by looking at the photo. As regards to the trim, as mine has had quit a few major accidents, your trim settings may be a little different, any how my rudder offset is 3 or 4 degrees and the roll setting on the head is just about 2 degrees both to the right looking from the back, it may seem small on the head but those are very powerful spinning blades. I f I can think of anything else about the model I will let you know before the weekend good luck.
Kevin
sepcter is offline Find More Posts by sepcter
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 13, 2015, 11:27 AM
Find More Posts by Graham L
Joined Jul 2014
38 Posts
[URL="http://shop.lindinger.at/product_info.php?products_id=9707382"

Kevin

Sorry to hear of the latest which thankfully is not major.

Thanks for the trim settings which I will start with.

Spare part at lindinger Modellbau Germany see url above.

Hope this helps

Graham
Graham L is offline Find More Posts by Graham L
Old Apr 13, 2015, 11:33 AM
Joined Jul 2014
38 Posts
Sorry kevin

Also intended to say that I had already spotted the poor engineering and put two washers between each of the control rods and the head so they do up tight to the head.

Graham
Old Apr 14, 2015, 09:45 AM
Find More Posts by sepcter
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Jun 2010
185 Posts
Graham, just thought of something else (hope I am not repeating myself) I noticed that when entering a left or right turn if you reduce the throttle a little the nose will not corkscrew itself down, however you have to come up on the power directly it straightens up. I know your thumbs will be pretty busy about this time so if it starts to corkscrew quickly use opposite aileron to right it. Orientation with this model is difficult and it is so fast it is hard to keep it close.
Kevin
sepcter is offline Find More Posts by sepcter
Old Apr 14, 2015, 12:52 PM
Joined Jul 2014
38 Posts
Thanks again Kevin for the heads up . Had another Gyro ( Flying Balsa Scout) which had a similar problem especially in right hand turns. Also wandered when flying slowly and would not fly a straight line. Eventually managed to cure it by adding 2 vertical fins to the underside of the tailplane to give more fin area . In the case of the AC10, I think the rigid head has much to answer for which I am basing on helicopters where the more rigid the damping in the head the more lively the response to cyclic becomes.

Thanks again

Graham