HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Nov 26, 2011, 08:17 PM
New Beeeeee
RUBNorris's Avatar
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Apr 2011
985 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovefpv View Post
LOL that's AWESOME! lol nice job!
RUBNorris is offline Find More Posts by RUBNorris
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 26, 2011, 08:53 PM
Registered User
Eagle202's Avatar
United States, FL, Clearwater
Joined Aug 2011
1,595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovefpv View Post
Great movie. Good editing also.
Eagle202 is offline Find More Posts by Eagle202
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2011, 12:59 AM
John
United States, WA, Mason
Joined Apr 2011
784 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovefpv View Post
Very nice, I'll bet your kid loved it. He'll want to show it to everyone. -- JOHN
digitalCAM is offline Find More Posts by digitalCAM
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2011, 01:48 AM
FPV Noob
fpsazerbaijan's Avatar
United Kingdom, Scotland, Aberdeen
Joined Jun 2011
291 Posts
Hi!
Lol everyone seems to be posting videos so here is my 5.8Ghz 200mw setup vid!
Hope you enjoy! Any questions just ask me, I'm always happy to help

HobbyKing 5.8Ghz FPV Setup (11 min 1 sec)


Happy flying,
Al

P.S great vids in this thread!
fpsazerbaijan is offline Find More Posts by fpsazerbaijan
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2011, 01:48 AM
FPV! and nothing else matters.
guy1a's Avatar
Israel, Haifa
Joined Aug 2010
1,885 Posts
ilovefpv - lol this is the benefit of having a mac
@ the beach (HD) (1 min 7 sec)


FPV 11-11-11 (1 min 28 sec)


RUBNorris - this is a very stable flight. what camera are you using ?




b.t.w -
if you liked the 1st video,
here is the longer ver.
at the beach (2 min 52 sec)
guy1a is online now Find More Posts by guy1a
Last edited by guy1a; Nov 27, 2011 at 01:56 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2011, 05:42 AM
Registered User
The Netherlands, NB, Eindhoven
Joined Sep 2011
27 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpsazerbaijan View Post
Hi!
Lol everyone seems to be posting videos so here is my 5.8Ghz 200mw setup vid!
Hope you enjoy! Any questions just ask me, I'm always happy to help

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pn-gmvhx8Fw

Happy flying,
Al

P.S great vids in this thread!
Great video! It clears up a lot of the questions I had. But I do still have one, what is the flight time you would get with those 460 mAh Lipo's you're using? I'm probably going to order the same setup and I thought I could just use the 2200mAh battery I'm also using to power the plane. But maybe this is not a very good idea?
Rennuh is offline Find More Posts by Rennuh
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2011, 05:54 AM
FPV Noob
fpsazerbaijan's Avatar
United Kingdom, Scotland, Aberdeen
Joined Jun 2011
291 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennuh View Post
Great video! It clears up a lot of the questions I had. But I do still have one, what is the flight time you would get with those 460 mAh Lipo's you're using? I'm probably going to order the same setup and I thought I could just use the 2200mAh battery I'm also using to power the plane. But maybe this is not a very good idea?
Hi Rennuh! Thanks for the question, I haven't actually used this FPV setup in flight yet, but other people on HobbyKing have said that they get about 1 hour from a 500mAh 3S, so with the slightly smaller 460mAh's I'd expect about 50-55 mins operating time...

I think using the flight battery is a bad idea, it will probably reduce your flight time drastically, so I'd go with the two nanotechs, one for the transmitter and one for the receiver... Plus the nanotechs are very light, so adding one onto the plane won't cause any major shifts in the CG...

Any other questions just ask, I hope I've been helpful!

Happy flying,
Al
fpsazerbaijan is offline Find More Posts by fpsazerbaijan
Last edited by fpsazerbaijan; Nov 27, 2011 at 06:03 AM. Reason: added information :)
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2011, 06:04 AM
Registered User
The Netherlands, NB, Eindhoven
Joined Sep 2011
27 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpsazerbaijan View Post
Hi Rennuh! Thanks for the question, I haven't actually used this FPV setup in flight yet, but other people on HobbyKing have said that they get about 1 hour from a 500mAh 3S, so with the slightly smaller 460mAh's I'd expect about 50-55 mins operating time...

Any other questions just ask, I hope I've been helpful!

Happy flying,
Al
Hi Al, thanks for your answer. I think I'm going to order them, or similar batteries, as well, 50 minutes is really more than enough. Maybe for the receiver I'll use something different as I'm not sure yet which screen I want to use and maybe want to power both the screen and receiver with the same battery.

Good luck on your first flight with this setup!
Rennuh is offline Find More Posts by Rennuh
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2011, 06:15 AM
FPV! and nothing else matters.
guy1a's Avatar
Israel, Haifa
Joined Aug 2010
1,885 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennuh View Post
Hi Al, thanks for your answer. I think I'm going to order them, or similar batteries, as well, 50 minutes is really more than enough. Maybe for the receiver I'll use something different as I'm not sure yet which screen I want to use and maybe want to power both the screen and receiver with the same battery.

Good luck on your first flight with this setup!
Hi

i think by receiver he meant the rc link's receiver.
the ground station with the video receiver will need a different battery since they are not in the same place with the plane and video transmitter

i use for ground station a 1000 m-a 11.1 volts battery and it lasts more then an hour.
i have there:
1. video receiver
2. amplified video splitter
3. 7" lcd screen
4. easycap for recording the flight on the laptop
5. video goggle which has it's own battery

on the plane i use 500/800/1000 mili ampers 11.1 battery for the video and 2200 for the plane.
the 2200 is good for ~20 minutes in the air.
the video lasts for about an hour.

it is not a good idea for single battery on the plane.
going low on volts will make the video link go off, while if you shut your motor you may have still power for the servos.
but not seeing where you are flying may cause you to crash ...

look at the last minutes of this video i recorded yesterday.
i was piloting LOS and forgot all about the battery ...

it is not the bixler but my quad copter.
it has a single battery for both motors and video .. ( skip to 6:00 )

Quad 26 11 2011 Large (6 min 50 sec)
guy1a is online now Find More Posts by guy1a
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2011, 06:48 AM
Registered User
The Netherlands, NB, Eindhoven
Joined Sep 2011
27 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy1a View Post
Hi

i think by receiver he meant the rc link's receiver.
the ground station with the video receiver will need a different battery since they are not in the same place with the plane and video transmitter
I know That's also what I meant and I'm looking at a similar setup as you have with the batteries:


Quote:
Originally Posted by guy1a View Post
i use for ground station a 1000 m-a 11.1 volts battery and it lasts more then an hour.
i have there:
1. video receiver
2. amplified video splitter
3. 7" lcd screen
4. easycap for recording the flight on the laptop
5. video goggle which has it's own battery

on the plane i use 500/800/1000 mili ampers 11.1 battery for the video and 2200 for the plane.
the 2200 is good for ~20 minutes in the air.
the video lasts for about an hour.
So for me that would be the 460mAh 3S for camera and video Tx and a 2200 mAh 3S for the plane.
And then for the ground station, with the video Rx and a screen I have yet to decide on, powered by 1 single battery and not like him with a 460mAh for the Rx and a 2200mAh for the screen. Or maybe I will, I just don't know yet, probably depends on my budget

Thanks for the information and a nice video Lucky you were relatively close to the ground
Rennuh is offline Find More Posts by Rennuh
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2011, 07:28 AM
FPV Noob
fpsazerbaijan's Avatar
United Kingdom, Scotland, Aberdeen
Joined Jun 2011
291 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennuh View Post
Hi Al, thanks for your answer. I think I'm going to order them, or similar batteries, as well, 50 minutes is really more than enough. Maybe for the receiver I'll use something different as I'm not sure yet which screen I want to use and maybe want to power both the screen and receiver with the same battery.

Good luck on your first flight with this setup!
Good luck!
Al
fpsazerbaijan is offline Find More Posts by fpsazerbaijan
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2011, 08:06 AM
FPV! and nothing else matters.
guy1a's Avatar
Israel, Haifa
Joined Aug 2010
1,885 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennuh View Post
I know That's also what I meant and I'm looking at a similar setup as you have with the batteries:




So for me that would be the 460mAh 3S for camera and video Tx and a 2200 mAh 3S for the plane.
And then for the ground station, with the video Rx and a screen I have yet to decide on, powered by 1 single battery and not like him with a 460mAh for the Rx and a 2200mAh for the screen. Or maybe I will, I just don't know yet, probably depends on my budget

Thanks for the information and a nice video Lucky you were relatively close to the ground

yes in some funny tweest of faith i had enough power for the quad to stay stabilized but not for video link. the vtx needs 12 Volts for normal operation.

as i was piloting LOS i saw it ... and did not see the power going lower then the dead sea

for the ground station, i has also a cable i made for connecting to the main battery of the car ( 12 v ) if i am near the car.
i also have an adapter to connect every 3 cells battery i have so i am not limited to 1000 mah.
guy1a is online now Find More Posts by guy1a
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2011, 10:24 AM
FPV Noob
fpsazerbaijan's Avatar
United Kingdom, Scotland, Aberdeen
Joined Jun 2011
291 Posts
FPV Bixler- Ready to go!

Hi everyone, just thought I might share a few pics of the Bixler, finally finished and ready for my first FPV flight- as soon as it stops raining!



Happy flying,
Al
fpsazerbaijan is offline Find More Posts by fpsazerbaijan
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2011, 11:08 AM
FPV! and nothing else matters.
guy1a's Avatar
Israel, Haifa
Joined Aug 2010
1,885 Posts
looks good !

good luck
guy1a is online now Find More Posts by guy1a
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2011, 11:37 AM
New Beeeeee
RUBNorris's Avatar
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Apr 2011
985 Posts
Guy1a,

I'm using a gopro. No fpv all by sight. No gyros
RUBNorris is offline Find More Posts by RUBNorris
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Sky Surfer or HK Bixler??? fpsazerbaijan Electric Plane Talk 11 Mar 17, 2012 05:43 AM
Sold 1800kv Motor/prop for Sky Surfer / Bixler / Easy Star tdab Aircraft - Electric - Power Systems (FS/W) 1 Nov 01, 2011 04:46 PM
Sold Bixler Sky Surfer Hawk Sky ARF or complete kit porcia83 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 1 Sep 14, 2011 09:24 AM
Discussion Review of my Sky Surfer AKA Bixler , Flew Today for the first time. dllhg Electric Plane Talk 19 Aug 10, 2011 10:41 AM
Discussion Propeller recommendations Bixler/ sky surfer sean11 Power Systems 3 Jun 25, 2011 06:08 AM