SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 25, 2014, 09:21 PM
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Apr 2012
423 Posts
26" $Tree Yak

AR6400 brushless conversion with a 2403 motor and an old 8043 prop cut down to 6". AUW with a 2S 300mA battery 100g
Yak-55 (2 min 16 sec)

...the plane did have a hot wired styrofoam wing until my friend crashed it.
boa2110 is offline Find More Posts by boa2110
Last edited by boa2110; Sep 25, 2014 at 09:28 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 02, 2014, 09:47 PM
United States, FL, Clearwater
Joined Sep 2011
182 Posts
We hot wired some bluecore down thinner and made an awesome flying durable 3d monster!! Check out the video! I know that some of you guys are not about the videos or liking videos or subscribing to channels but I want to get sponsored I have had some serious interests from some companies but I feel like I need to grow my youtube channel and all other social medias so if you could support your fellow rc brothers hit subscribe hit like share it on your facebook pages anything I would be grateful. This hobby has saved my life in so many ways (you guys have no idea) and it has always been my dream to someday be a sponsored pilot even if its a small sponsorship so please guys don't tear me up on the thread I know I am not the best pilot. Anyways ill get off my soapbox I hope you guys like the video and as always the leadfeather yak is awesome if you are thinking about building print the plans and do it.Epic yak night throwdown:
Epic yak night throwdown (4 min 48 sec)
freddy99 is offline Find More Posts by freddy99
Last edited by freddy99; Nov 03, 2014 at 05:51 PM. Reason: fixed link
Old Nov 02, 2014, 09:49 PM
Joined Sep 2011
182 Posts
Nice flight man next time hotwire some bluecore I have slammed mine and it still going strong
Old Nov 02, 2014, 09:51 PM
Joined Sep 2011
182 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freddy99 View Post
Nice flight man next time hotwire some bluecore I have slammed mine and it still going strong I subscribed to you keep putting out good vids!
Quote:
Originally Posted by boa2110 View Post
AR6400 brushless conversion with a 2403 motor and an old 8043 prop cut down to 6". AUW with a 2S 300mA battery 100ghttp://youtu.be/CuwOzQKFsEA

...the plane did have a hot wired styrofoam wing until my friend crashed it.
I will measure the width tomorrow
Old Nov 03, 2014, 09:36 AM
Oklahoma
Joined Sep 2010
901 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freddy99 View Post
We hot wired some bluecore down thinner and made an awesome flying durable 3d monster!! Check out the video! I know that some of you guys are not about the videos or liking videos or subscribing to channels but I want to get sponsored I have had some serious interests from some companies but I feel like I need to grow my youtube channel and all other social medias so if you could support your fellow rc brothers hit subscribe hit like share it on your facebook pages anything I would be grateful. This hobby has saved my life in so many ways (you guys have no idea) and it has always been my dream to someday be a sponsored pilot even if its a small sponsorship so please guys don't tear me up on the thread I know I am not the best pilot. Anyways ill get off my soapbox I hope you guys like the video and as always the leadfeather yak is awesome if you are thinking about building print the plans and do it http://youtu.be/hnHotfzuhw8
So I try to watch the vid and am told "Sorry, this video is not available in your country." What the...? I'm in the U.S.A.
ombudsman is online now Find More Posts by ombudsman
Old Nov 03, 2014, 05:52 PM
Joined Sep 2011
182 Posts
Epic yak night throwdown: http://youtu.be/WMDU-n5G7gYQUOTE=ombudsman;29848338]So I try to watch the vid and am told "Sorry, this video is not available in your country." What the...? I'm in the U.S.A.[/QUOTE]

i fixed the link. Sorry about that.

Epic yak night throwdown (4 min 48 sec)
Last edited by freddy99; Nov 03, 2014 at 07:21 PM.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 03:56 AM
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Apr 2012
423 Posts
foam stand

I built this adjustable stand with some scrap foam.
boa2110 is offline Find More Posts by boa2110
Old Nov 29, 2014, 12:18 AM
Tenino, WA
Joined Oct 2010
56 Posts
A 36 inch variant

Wow. This thread is still going. No surprise, though it's a really nice design.

I've been out of RC for a couple of years, and decided to get back in it with a slightly heavier outdoor yak, and why not throw some lights on it as well. After all I ought to be able to crash just as well at night as during the day.

Man, I had to relearn just about everything. I even had to find my manual to look up changing between models on the radio and programing. Oh yeah, binding?

I did have all the materials to build with, so here goes...

I used 9mm 1.9# EPP, thinking heavier and maybe stronger for ability to handle some wind. I decided to try the 36" wingspan yak. I used a 2205C 1400 kv motor, 10 amp esc, all 9 gram servos and around four feet of led lightstrip, using a separate small gws esc to control the lights with the gear switch.

I've only flown it once so far, but it was getting dark, so I got to try out the lights, and man this is cool! Super bright! And controlling them from the radio just makes me smile.

It flew well, and it was very breezy.

The purple squiggles on the starboard wing are supposed to be lightning.

Thanks again for sharing your design, Leadfeather.
Windfeather is offline Find More Posts by Windfeather
Last edited by Windfeather; Nov 29, 2014 at 05:26 PM. Reason: added pics
Old Nov 29, 2014, 07:40 AM
United States, OH, Ravenna
Joined Nov 2012
325 Posts
Very nice looking plane Windfeather! Looks like you haven't lost your touch!
Squall is offline Find More Posts by Squall
Old Nov 30, 2014, 08:22 AM
Winging it >
Joined May 2006
9,773 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windfeather View Post
Wow. This thread is still going. No surprise, though it's a really nice design.

I've been out of RC for a couple of years, and decided to get back in it with a slightly heavier outdoor yak, and why not throw some lights on it as well. After all I ought to be able to crash just as well at night as during the day.

Man, I had to relearn just about everything. I even had to find my manual to look up changing between models on the radio and programing. Oh yeah, binding?

I did have all the materials to build with, so here goes...

I used 9mm 1.9# EPP, thinking heavier and maybe stronger for ability to handle some wind. I decided to try the 36" wingspan yak. I used a 2205C 1400 kv motor, 10 amp esc, all 9 gram servos and around four feet of led lightstrip, using a separate small gws esc to control the lights with the gear switch.

I've only flown it once so far, but it was getting dark, so I got to try out the lights, and man this is cool! Super bright! And controlling them from the radio just makes me smile.

It flew well, and it was very breezy.

The purple squiggles on the starboard wing are supposed to be lightning.

Thanks again for sharing your design, Leadfeather.
Very nice build Windfeather. The lightning effect looks cool, it is more distinct in the close up photo.

Any chance of video for this 36" build? Some day and/or night footage would be nice if possible.

Happy flying,
Lead
leadfeather is online now Find More Posts by leadfeather
Old Dec 03, 2014, 11:32 AM
foamies to the end...!
United Kingdom, England, East Susx
Joined May 2004
178 Posts
hi all, ive made a couple of the standard yak, they fly great.
im currently flying a TH 32" slick, and i like the look of the crack pitts, i know this has been done before but i thought id give turning the yak into a bipe a go...

ive gone with the same cut down wing top and bottom, i will put the top slightly further forward, ive also reduced the ailerons a bit, ive got the parts all cut out, ill paint them and put it together and let you know how it flies.

Craig
ukdalai is online now Find More Posts by ukdalai