HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 19, 2014, 11:11 AM
The Hun in the Sun
Canada, BC, Comox
Joined Nov 2003
7,474 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CryHavoc View Post
It always makes me cringe when someone who sees a plane flying tail low, and without any additional information, calls out "Its tail heavy". It instantly tells me they have zero clue why and how airplanes fly.

Mike
It always makes me cringe when one of the self proclaimed wise ones jumps into the middle of things with no background knowledge of the person they are slamming. Yeah, that's me, zero clue about why airplane fly. Comments like that (and not many are aimed at me) are why my participation in RC Groups has dwindled. I can't seem to put up the mental barrier to protect me from the moronic generalizations any more. On to my ignore list you go. Maybe I can last another day.

Oh, by the way, the model floats around beautifully now. Perfect flight attitude, flares beautifully. I couldn't ask for more. All it needed was a bit of nose weight. Huh. How about that?
vonJaerschky is online now Find More Posts by vonJaerschky
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 19, 2014, 02:44 PM
USA, Mt, Billings
Joined Mar 2009
333 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBnJ View Post
Noisy Muse, looks like the answer to your battery question is in the first post of this thread.
Thanks much PBnJ...not sure how the heck I missed that. I even had that quote cut and pasted into my notes. Problem solved.

If others are working on this kit or HAVE built it I would like to hear from you. I have a couple questions re: framing the fuse. Nothing critical, but I'd like to avoid extra work if possible.

Thanks!

Scott
NOISY MUSE is online now Find More Posts by NOISY MUSE
Old Dec 19, 2014, 03:58 PM
UAS Pilot/Tech Instructor
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Apr 2000
1,540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vonJaerschky View Post
It always makes me cringe when one of the self proclaimed wise ones jumps into the middle of things with no background knowledge of the person they are slamming. Yeah, that's me, zero clue about why airplane fly. Comments like that (and not many are aimed at me) are why my participation in RC Groups has dwindled. I can't seem to put up the mental barrier to protect me from the moronic generalizations any more. On to my ignore list you go. Maybe I can last another day.

Oh, by the way, the model floats around beautifully now. Perfect flight attitude, flares beautifully. I couldn't ask for more. All it needed was a bit of nose weight. Huh. How about that?
That's bullpucky. A CG change has NO EFFECT on the angle of attack necessary for the wing to provide enough lift to fly the plane at the speeds you were flying it at in the video. A wing HAS to provide enough lift to fly the system for a given airspeed. The only ways to generate more lift is either, more airspeed, or more angle of attack. In the case of the plane in video posted, the tail was flying low(i.e. higher angle of attack) so the wing could get enough lift to fly the plane. Its a DECALAGE issue. CG is only going to affect is stability.

So you can come on here all backside ego hurt about my comment and make all kinds of claims about your magical CG change but I call BS.

Mike
CryHavoc is online now Find More Posts by CryHavoc
Old Dec 19, 2014, 09:20 PM
Low rates are for wimps
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined May 2008
3,441 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CryHavoc View Post
That's bullpucky. A CG change has NO EFFECT on the angle of attack necessary for the wing to provide enough lift to fly the plane at the speeds you were flying it at in the video. A wing HAS to provide enough lift to fly the system for a given airspeed. The only ways to generate more lift is either, more airspeed, or more angle of attack. In the case of the plane in video posted, the tail was flying low(i.e. higher angle of attack) so the wing could get enough lift to fly the plane. Its a DECALAGE issue. CG is only going to affect is stability.

So you can come on here all backside ego hurt about my comment and make all kinds of claims about your magical CG change but I call BS.

Mike
Mike, nobody was referring to the attitude of the plane in straight flight. It was dragging its tail in the turn. We're all familiar with what you're explaining.
bwoollia is online now Find More Posts by bwoollia
Old Dec 19, 2014, 11:18 PM
The Hun in the Sun
Canada, BC, Comox
Joined Nov 2003
7,474 Posts
Dang Brian, you had to go and quote his message after I put him on my ignore list. Well, at least the citation justified my decision. Peace out, all.
vonJaerschky is online now Find More Posts by vonJaerschky
Old Yesterday, 04:25 PM
Branjo
Joined Sep 2013
277 Posts
Mike, simply a rude thing to say, and a rude way to sum up von Jaerschkys explanation. That's not what this site is about, and it's nothing anyone here wants to hear. If you had a genuine comment to make on the subject so be it. State your concern, but why do it in such an arrogant manner?

I enjoy this site, and I like the intelligence and skill that MOST have here because no one deserves to be made to feel stupid or less because of their skill or knowledge level. It's a hobby, and it's nice to help people. That's what we want to do.

VonJaerschky I dig the EIII, very nice job and I have enjoyed many of your builds, posts and instructional videos. Thanks for your time.

Branden
bshultz327 is online now Find More Posts by bshultz327