SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 04, 2014, 12:43 AM
FlyFast 19g
United States, Mt, Helena
Joined Jul 2011
21 Posts
Mine needed two quarters but who's counting!!!!!!! I agree too!! Once the CG is dialed in, this plane grooves very well!!!!
cloninger800 is offline Find More Posts by cloninger800
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 06, 2014, 07:52 AM
Joined Feb 2014
3 Posts
How does this plane fly in high winds? I am looking for something that can handle high winds (14+ mph) that is of reasonable size and has an undercarriage.
NattyBrown is offline Find More Posts by NattyBrown
Old Dec 06, 2014, 10:34 AM
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined May 2003
497 Posts
If reasonable size means it can fit it in your average car assembled (barely) the Invictus or any of the EF1 Arfs would be a perfect sport model for high wind conditions. I can't think of anything better, as long as your an experienced pilot.
Eric
edh13 is offline Find More Posts by edh13
Old Dec 06, 2014, 11:24 AM
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined May 2003
497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien_Tech View Post
Eric,

Do what you can to get the CG in the right spot, it really does make a difference. I had to tape a quarter to the tail of mine to get it to balance.

Red
I got my maiden in; all went well. I went thru 5 batteries and by #3 I was comfortable enough to crash the course. It definitely flew nose heavy. I've got about 1mm up to keep it level at speed and it really wanted to bury the nose in the turns so I had to take it easy on my pulls. I definitely have to get it on CG before the next race.

Speed-wise I think Milt is right, it will be faster than the Dara. I didn't time anything but my internal 'pull-clock' seemed a little late even with the fwd CG issue. It also seemed to have plenty of elevator left for landing without switching to a higher rate; the Dara is an elevator hog at lower speeds.

This is a really nice plane. It may not be the absolute fastest EF1 but it's definitely the "Cadillac" of the ARF's. And with them all being so close and piloting being the main ingredient in the winning formula it should do just fine...
Eric
edh13 is offline Find More Posts by edh13
Old Dec 06, 2014, 09:00 PM
United States, UT, Orem
Joined Oct 2011
128 Posts
Glad you h ad a good experience Eric. I just can't fly a good enough course. Once you get the CG right on, you will really love it.

Milt
Zonker40 is offline Find More Posts by Zonker40