Shop our Airplanes Products Shop our Surface Products
Old May 21, 2016, 08:28 PM
Find More Posts by jiysh
Joined May 2016
48 Posts
Discussion
Motor vibration with oneshot

Hi guys,

not sure if this a known/normal side effect with oneshot, but with my configuration enabling oneshot induces motor vibration.
It's hard to describe, but when holding the motor in my hand it feels like it's not really running smooth, there are periodic "knocks" that cause vibration.
I only noticed it coincidentally, it still flies fine with oneshot enabled.
Initially I suspected that this also causes higher temps, but I just measured temperature on both motor and escs with an (imprecise) EX230 IR thermometer and couldn't confirm any significant difference. At least not when "only" going up to 50% throttle.

I tested this with the following setup:
- Cleanflight 1.13RC0, but it also happens with Betaflight 2.7
- BlHeli 14.5, dither 7, light dampened, medium timing
- happens definately with throttle 0%-50%, it get's less noticeably with higher rpms.
- Diatone 2206-2000kv motors
- Diatone TY20 ESCs (atmel, similar to hk blueseries)

And because I'm really having troubles describing this phenomenon here's a video showing it:
Oneshot motor vibration (0 min 21 sec)

Sorry for the sub par production quality and me not being able to hold my hands still . But I think the video is sufficient to show that the bottom set up runs a lot less smooth.

Cheers for any input on this.
jiysh is offline Find More Posts by jiysh
to remove ads between posts