SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 14, 2015, 12:53 PM
Find More Posts by kinderkram
OS Sponsor
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,684 Posts
Looks like your dampers are too soft. You can see the shake begin right when you start the motors.
kinderkram is offline Find More Posts by kinderkram
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 25, 2015, 03:50 PM
Find More Posts by fpvberlin
Joined Feb 2013
81 Posts
Nice flight with InfinityMR and Lumix GH-4

Hi everybody,

I wanted to share some footage I shot with the InfinityMR. I must say that it is the best gimbal I've had in hands. (... and there have been five or six others )
It took me some time to get my multirotor and the InfinityMR vibration-free.
Actually my copter is still a little shaky but I managed to get most of the flaws tuned out.

Note, that there is absolutely NO in-camera or in-lens stabilisation and no post-pro stabilisation. It is pure raw material (50p/50Mit) shot with a cheap 14-35 olympus lens.

enjoy:

Perfect InfinityMR (1 min 45 sec)

There is still the problem with the horizon that is drifting away on certain moves. IMHO there is currently no controller on the market, that will keep the horizon level on these moves: fly sideways, fast gain of altitude and opposite yaw input. Proove me wrong - but I have doubts anyone can.

There is some kind of misunderstanding when it comes to horizon stability: if you fly your multirotor hard (fast flying, hard turns, fast yaw inputs) the horizon tends to stay level, which seems odd, because of the higher forces that are applied.
But it is exactly the higher forces that help the controller to keep the horizon level.
Vice versa, long and slow movements paired with stronger movements make to horizon drift away.
Anyways - for me it is not such a problem, because I mostly fly with a cam operator who keeps the horizon level. I'm looking forward to seeing the function of a MAG sensor with the AM32.

Thank you Jakub for bringing this great gimbal to the market.

fpvberlin is offline Find More Posts by fpvberlin
Old Jun 25, 2015, 03:55 PM
Find More Posts by crayfellow
Joined May 2015
24 Posts
awesome! Thanks for posting @fpvberlin! Hoping to have some footage to share soon too.
crayfellow is offline Find More Posts by crayfellow
Old Jun 26, 2015, 10:21 AM
Find More Posts by jakuban
Poland, Lublin Voivodeship, Lublin
Joined Nov 2008
365 Posts
Jorg, great shots, even for test flying! You have a good hand. Gimbal is just a tool, fortunately, InfinityMR is a very good working tool!
jakuban is offline Find More Posts by jakuban
Old Jun 28, 2015, 11:58 AM
Find More Posts by bemojo
Joined Apr 2014
13 Posts
Very impressed by this gimbal and how it seems to preform. Very nice build quality from the pictures Ive seen. I've dreamt of building a similar gimbal myself, but now I might just buy this instead .

Curious, has anybody tried the storm32 board on this gimbal? The development on that controller is hysterical fast and performance is stunning.

Maybe it's already been addressed in this thread, but how are people setting up their HDMI-converters on this gimbal? An integrated solution on the gimbal would be awesome.

And why not a slipring on the yaw motor. So you could pull power from flightbattery, RC controll from rc reciever and push composite video to VTX and still have 360. Maybe something like this would work. http://rctimer.com/product-972.html)
bemojo is offline Find More Posts by bemojo
Old Jun 28, 2015, 12:09 PM
Joined Feb 2013
81 Posts
I have some Storm32 Boards and they are better than the AM - BUT - When you put encoders into the AM it is not comparable anymore. The AM with encoders performs 100 times better that without and better than the Storm32.
It's a pitty that OlliW doesn't like to go into encoder integration with the Strom32 - It would take gimbal stabilisation to another level.

The problem with the hollow shaft design is, that it is not easy to mount the encoders on a hollow shaft. I can imagine how it can be done, I I think there are no such motors on the market yet.

Have fun flying...
Old Jun 28, 2015, 12:59 PM
Joined Nov 2008
365 Posts
I am developing PRO version of gimbal with much more complex design. It will support slipring and encoders.
Last edited by jakuban; Jun 28, 2015 at 03:03 PM.
Old Jun 28, 2015, 01:54 PM
Joined Feb 2013
81 Posts
sounds good. what camera size are you aiming at?
Old Jul 03, 2015, 04:17 AM
Find More Posts by billy4eggs
Malaysia, Sabah, Kota Kinabalu
Joined Dec 2013
9 Posts
InfinityMR HD + GH4 - It's a Winner!

Hi All,

In the last few weeks I have have the privilege to enquire, order and take delivery of this piece of beautiful engineering!

The Gimbal is installed on a Commercial AP Copter - 1300mm Class U8-170Kv with 28" CF Props and flies for 40 to 60 minutes on 2x 16,000mAh Lipo's with ease!

If you are thinking of a GH4 Gimbal then go with this one I have tried the Zenmuse Z15 range (have the bits to prove it) and this is the most useable out of the box I have used.

Thanks to InfinityMR HD !
billy4eggs is offline Find More Posts by billy4eggs
Old Jul 03, 2015, 05:24 PM
Joined Nov 2008
365 Posts
Thanks Billy!
Well, that is not the first time I hear InfinityMR works better, even than zenmuse
Hopefully soon you will post some videos!
Old Yesterday, 07:55 AM
Find More Posts by tvedit
Cut - Print - It's a wrap
Santa Clarita, CA
Joined Jan 2004
230 Posts
Anything on the horizon for the BlackMagic Micro camera and lens??

Mike
tvedit is offline Find More Posts by tvedit
Old Yesterday, 08:46 AM
Joined Nov 2008
365 Posts
InfinityMR production takes lots of time, but yes, InfinityMR-S (small) is under development. It lasts longer than I thought but moves forward
I am in touch witch BlackMagic, who knows, maybe I will get this camera sooner...