HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 21, 2015, 11:57 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,995 Posts
Except that won't work with SBUS devices, which require a minimum of 15ms. There is 1ms of wiggle room in the pulse allowed before it is suppose to be ignored.
JimDrew is offline Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 22, 2015, 02:58 AM
Son, Norway
Joined Sep 2004
3,472 Posts
I can't understand why SBUS devices would care if the PWM rate is reduced by a factor of 2 on one or more of the outputs (basically skipping every second dataset).
flarssen is offline Find More Posts by flarssen
Old Jan 22, 2015, 02:41 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,995 Posts
Every protocol is a window comparator (or should be). You need a way to guarantee the timing will occur without getting out of sync. Futaba specification defines 7ms and 14ms windows, +/- 500ns (1ms total). Anything outside of these parameters is not guaranteed to work with Futaba products. This is no different than Spektrum satellite receiver protocol, X-BUS protocol, Xtreme protocol, etc. We need some way to be able to discard invalid data, and using a window is the safest way.
RCG Plus Member
Old Yesterday, 07:43 AM
Son, Norway
Joined Sep 2004
3,472 Posts
I still don't see what this has to do with skipping every second pulse on the PWM output.
flarssen is offline Find More Posts by flarssen
Old Yesterday, 07:53 AM
Yin & Yang
United States, VA, Sterling
Joined Jul 2011
4,569 Posts
Can I use more then 1 Speky Sat on a single X10. It looks like it's a yes but not yet to me. The manual has instructions to set AUX for a Sat but also says not available at this time. I'm not comfortable with a single sat in larger gas airplanes so I need to know.

Thanks
Liberty10 is online now Find More Posts by Liberty10
Old Yesterday, 11:04 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,995 Posts
Yes, you can use dual receivers (all types) with the X10+ board. The manual was updated to reflect this information, so I better check to make sure we have the correct manual online.
RCG Plus Member
Old Yesterday, 11:24 AM
Yin & Yang
Joined Jul 2011
4,569 Posts
The instructions are there for modifying the AUX port to input for a second rx. But at the top of the page in red type it say "This feature currently not available"

Here's a screen shot from the online manual just minute ago.
Old Yesterday, 11:33 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,995 Posts
The correct (v1.5) manual was online, but we have updated it (now v1.6) to make it more clear how dual receivers are connected for Spektrum setups. The screenshot you have is of our really old manual from early last year! The v1.5 manual has been on our website since May 2014.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by JimDrew; Yesterday at 11:42 AM.
Old Yesterday, 01:05 PM
Yin & Yang
Joined Jul 2011
4,569 Posts
Ok got it now. The manual link on the Expander page goes to the old manual. The manual in the downloads page has the updated info and shows it's available with Firmware v1.2 or later. Very cool.
Thanks
Old Yesterday, 10:08 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,995 Posts
Ah, I will look at the expander page and fix that.
RCG Plus Member
Old Today, 06:17 PM
If it has wings it will fly...
United Kingdom, England, Birmingham
Joined Mar 2011
1,721 Posts
Guys, im after a power distribution board with optical isolation for ignition and if possible rx power redundancy.

Im not and will not use spekky stuff (so powerbox stuff and prices is out of the question.). My frsky rx D8r-xp outputs 8ch, the x8r can do normal 8/16 ch but also it outputs sbus (futaba properiority) Can you please point me which of jim's xps stuff will suit me best (7.4v & high amps for the servo, rx at 6v)?
Thanks
ckleanth is offline Find More Posts by ckleanth
Old Today, 06:26 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,995 Posts
The X10+ will work just fine for your application. It supports multiple receivers and up to 16v input (passed on to the servos and receiver, so be careful of that). You will need an opto-isolator for your ignition if you really want to use one. There is no need though because ignition systems do not affect 2.4GHz - but they CAN affect servos.
RCG Plus Member