New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 19, 2015, 02:05 PM
Find More Posts by ramble392
Joined Jan 2012
154 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuchuf View Post
You are really going out and brave the wind and cold Steve? That's dedication!!

Terry
Forecast Sunday, high of 55 with < 10 mph wind. Not that bad, but I guess I'll see when Sunday gets here.

Steve
ramble392 is offline Find More Posts by ramble392
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 19, 2015, 09:55 PM
Find More Posts by Traian
United States, GA, Roswell
Joined Mar 2008
1,787 Posts
I have a question.
I have a seagull launch T blade. The stuff in the instructions is a classic blade.
Should I use the seagull blade? Does the tip need reinforcement for the T blade?
Steve i am not sure that i will make it tomorrow.
Traian is offline Find More Posts by Traian
Old Dec 20, 2015, 03:34 AM
Find More Posts by krikkens
Joined Aug 2009
1,440 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traian View Post
I have a question.
I have a seagull launch T blade. The stuff in the instructions is a classic blade.
Should I use the seagull blade? Does the tip need reinforcement for the T blade?
Steve i am not sure that i will make it tomorrow.
post 1, t-blade manual ;-)
krikkens is offline Find More Posts by krikkens
Old Dec 22, 2015, 07:50 PM
Find More Posts by GaryO
United States, AZ, Arizona City
Joined Sep 2001
5,723 Posts
I have an urge to assemble the fuse without the plywood servo tray. So I could use a slightly larger battery. I'd use a cf rod to hold the lid on.

Is the servo tray needed to reinforce the nose, or for convenience in mounting the servos, or both?
GaryO is offline Find More Posts by GaryO
Old Dec 22, 2015, 08:25 PM
Find More Posts by Roy_N
United States, WA, Burien
Joined May 2014
367 Posts
Gary - The hatch cover is too flat for a CF rod to hold it in place. As for the servo tray, I couldn't get the tray through the hatch opening on my Helios 2X, same fuselage, so I used servo rails. Even after lawn darting this DLG several times, there aren't any signs of failure around the hatch opening. I did break the boom a few inches forward of the stab pylon.
Roy_N is online now Find More Posts by Roy_N
Old Dec 24, 2015, 01:21 AM
Find More Posts by JONBOYLEMON
Full disclosure, not sponsored
United States, UT, American Fork
Joined May 2002
18,117 Posts
The tray also helps it balance at proper cg.
JONBOYLEMON is offline Find More Posts by JONBOYLEMON
Old Mar 29, 2016, 02:07 AM
Find More Posts by BiggestFish
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Feb 2014
27 Posts
Parts for xxlite

Hello, I need some xxlite advice.

I currently have 2.5 xxlites and would like to make it 3. This is what I have.

Xxlite#1. Assembled and currently flying.
Samurai wing with original style (version 1) torque rods for ailerons. The only fault on the wing is a tip repair on the throwing peg side.
Well used but undamaged fuselage with cutout for original style torque rod connection.
Carboline tailset in newish condition.

Xxlite#2. New kit unbuilt.
Carboline wing with hardware for version 1.1 quick connect aileron mounting.
New fuselage for version 1.1 including aileron mounting kit which seems complete.
New carboline tailset.

Xxlite#3 Partial kit.
Samurai wing with version 1 torque rods installed. Wing is in as new condition. Need fuselage and tailset.

So I need a new fuselage and tailset, are these parts available? The easiest solution would be to get a version 1 fuse and tails to complete #3, but I'm considering whether it is possible or worth the hassle to convert #3 wing to use the current linkage setup and get a current fuse tail set.

Any suggestions?
BiggestFish is online now Find More Posts by BiggestFish
Old Mar 29, 2016, 02:12 AM
Joined Aug 2009
1,440 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggestFish View Post
Hello, I need some xxlite advice.

I currently have 2.5 xxlites and would like to make it 3. This is what I have.

Xxlite#1. Assembled and currently flying.
Samurai wing with original style (version 1) torque rods for ailerons. The only fault on the wing is a tip repair on the throwing peg side.
Well used but undamaged fuselage with cutout for original style torque rod connection.
Carboline tailset in newish condition.

Xxlite#2. New kit unbuilt.
Carboline wing with hardware for version 1.1 quick connect aileron mounting.
New fuselage for version 1.1 including aileron mounting kit which seems complete.
New carboline tailset.

Xxlite#3 Partial kit.
Samurai wing with version 1 torque rods installed. Wing is in as new condition. Need fuselage and tailset.

So I need a new fuselage and tailset, are these parts available? The easiest solution would be to get a version 1 fuse and tails to complete #3, but I'm considering whether it is possible or worth the hassle to convert #3 wing to use the current linkage setup and get a current fuse tail set.

Any suggestions?
hi ,

i produce the xxlite , please shoot me a pm if you like to order parts or visit my webpage
www.compositegliders.com
Old Mar 29, 2016, 02:44 AM
Find More Posts by BiggestFish
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Feb 2014
27 Posts
Thanks krikkens, I will contact you when I know what I will be needing.

Regarding the new aileron connector design, how robust have they proven to be after extended use? The old system may be tricky to attach, but they are simple and solid.

Has anyone converted a wing from old style to new style connectors? How did you do it? I've thought about how I would do it, but the only reason I have to do it is so wings and fuses would be interchangeable.

Thanks.
BiggestFish is online now Find More Posts by BiggestFish
Old Mar 29, 2016, 08:02 AM
Find More Posts by ransamuels
United States, MO, St Louis
Joined Nov 2004
128 Posts
I have an XX with the quick connect aileron system. The engineering of the system is exquisite. To say it is robust is a major understatement.

It works smooth as glass and is rock solid.

Robert Samuels ... St. Louis
ransamuels is online now Find More Posts by ransamuels
Old Mar 29, 2016, 10:22 AM
Joined Aug 2009
1,440 Posts
very nice to hear compliments about my work! thank u , i'm confident it will survive much longer then it ever will be tested upon , indeed those are robust parts and i don't think wear will create play or slopyness or anything , it will keep on doing it's thing as on day 1 ;-)

oohh and a question/remark i got a few times , when the mechanism is assembled it can make some noise by it's friction , a dripp of oil does wonders , it's the first thing do when a plane is finished .
Last edited by krikkens; Mar 29, 2016 at 10:28 AM.
Old Apr 06, 2016, 06:46 AM
Find More Posts by Tommy Wee
Tampere, Finland
Joined Oct 2009
220 Posts
Had a nice day out with the Xxlite. Steady 6 m/s wind with very strong gusts at times. Flew with 60g of ballast, so flying weight was around 295 grams. At times could have used more weight, but then maybe not.

Flights between 40 seconds and 10,5 minutes, ended with that long flight
Rough weather with very strong thermals and sink, great fun and good training for the inevitable windy contest day.

Installed the gap seals I got from Kristof. They look cool, but actually I am not that sure they make a difference at all. One good reason to use them is that in winter flying the snow won't get between the aileron and wing! Still, they really look the part, thank you Kristof for sending them.

Still like my Xxlite's a lot. Have two of them and will keep them, won't sell them to anyone. Fun to fly and good lookers, can't ask for more.

Tommy
Tommy Wee is offline Find More Posts by Tommy Wee