HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
 
Thread Tools
Old Jun 21, 2005, 05:11 PM
Carl / KG6YKL
Guest
n/a Posts
Anybody put together a F-27 Stryker that wasn't RTF?


I am thinking about making my next project a Parkzone F-27, built from
parts not an RTF. Anybody done this? I think that I have found all
of the parts I will need. What am I missing?

Painted nose PKZ1215
Bare Fuselage PKZ1200
Motor Mount PKZ1241
Elevons PKZ1232
Clevis&Rod PKZ1218
Dbl Side Tape PKZ1214
Hatch Set PKZ1213
Vertical Fins PKZ1220

It looks like these parts can be put together for around $46 plus tax
and shipping.

Motor, ESC, Propeller, and servos provided separately. Does that look
like a complete plane?

Okay Doug, aka "knows where everything is on the web guy", tell me
where the complete kit is on the web probably for 20% less. I know
you know... ;-P

Carl
Old Jun 21, 2005, 11:11 PM
Doug McLaren
Guest
n/a Posts
Re: Anybody put together a F-27 Stryker that wasn't RTF?

In article <6t_te.858$SF5.584@fed1read07>,
Carl / KG6YKL <carl.hixon@cox.net> wrote:

| Motor, ESC, Propeller, and servos provided separately. Does that look
| like a complete plane?

Battery? Your Slow Stick battery probably isn't going to work.

| Okay Doug, aka "knows where everything is on the web guy",

That is NOT what I said!

Basically what I said is I know _nothing_, but fake it well enough
thanks to being able to look for stuff on the web. CRS syndrome has
it's hold on me bad ...

| tell me where the complete kit is on the web probably for 20% less.
| I know you know... ;-P

20% less? No. But how about 100% more?

I've got a Projeti. Looks almost identical, but costs about $100 just
for the kit. (I got it because I got a really really good deal on the
box o' parts from a guy who just lost interest in building it.)

This guy has a few pictures of one on his site --

http://kahuna.sdsu.edu/~tucker/airplanes/

and google images will find you more.

Now, here's some irony for you. That page I just mentioned? Well, he
bought a F-27 Stryker too, because it was similar to his Projeti that
he really liked. And he decided to just buy the parts rather than the
kit, just like you're doing ...

You may also want to get a more traditional flying wing -- like the
Combat Wings XE2. I've got one of those with a brushless motor, and
I've had it for several years, but even now, thanks to it's good
performance, durability and reasonable ability at soaring, it gets
about as much flight time as all my other planes put together.

--
Doug McLaren, dougmc@frenzy.com
Our lady of blessed acceleration, don't fail me now!
Old Jun 22, 2005, 01:11 AM
Carl / KG6YKL
Guest
n/a Posts
Re: Anybody put together a F-27 Stryker that wasn't RTF?

Doug McLaren wrote:

> Battery? Your Slow Stick battery probably isn't going to work.


My slow stick is using a 3s lipo 2000mAh battery. It is not what I
plan on using but it has some juice.

> | Okay Doug, aka "knows where everything is on the web guy",
> > That is NOT what I said!


No but every time I am looking for something you end up posting links
and examples, etc. I love it.


> Now, here's some irony for you. That page I just mentioned? Well, he
> bought a F-27 Stryker too...


I just looked. That is exactly what I want to do! It's already been
done and documented...bummer. I may still do it. I have a few weeks
before I start another project. Need to shorten the honey do list a
bit first.


> You may also want to get a more traditional flying wing -- like the
> Combat Wings XE2.


I didn't miss your praise of the XE2. It is on my list as well. One
of the guys I fly with has one with a cobalt motor. I need to be a
little different, ...maybe.

Sheez, I still need a few successful flights with the slow stick!
Good news, I think that I will be able to fly on a 20acre vacant lot
next to work. Will make lunch time sorties a breeze. Bummer that
these are the best sailing months in San Diego. The wind has been
blowing constantly. Funny thing is...I never noticed until I started
to build this slow stick.

Carl
Old Jun 22, 2005, 05:11 AM
Dr KC
Guest
n/a Posts
Re: Anybody put together a F-27 Stryker that wasn't RTF?


"Carl / KG6YKL" <carl.hixon@cox.net> wrote in message
news:6t_te.858$SF5.584@fed1read07...
>
> I am thinking about making my next project a Parkzone F-27, built from
> parts not an RTF. Anybody done this? I think that I have found all of
> the parts I will need. What am I missing?
>
> Painted nose PKZ1215
> Bare Fuselage PKZ1200
> Motor Mount PKZ1241
> Elevons PKZ1232
> Clevis&Rod PKZ1218
> Dbl Side Tape PKZ1214
> Hatch Set PKZ1213
> Vertical Fins PKZ1220
>
> It looks like these parts can be put together for around $46 plus tax and
> shipping.
>
> Motor, ESC, Propeller, and servos provided separately. Does that look
> like a complete plane?
>
> Okay Doug, aka "knows where everything is on the web guy", tell me where
> the complete kit is on the web probably for 20% less. I know you know...
> ;-P
>


Loads of people; have a look at the threads on RC groups and RC universe
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/foru...smode_1/tt.htm
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/forum...ef0fcf477&f=11

There's a rather active modding community for the Stryker, with stock and
scratch builds through 100mph brushless setups to mods like rudders, gear,
twin engines.

KC.


Old Jun 22, 2005, 11:11 AM
Carl / KG6YKL
Guest
n/a Posts
Re: Anybody put together a F-27 Stryker that wasn't RTF?


> Loads of people; have a look at the threads on RC groups and RC universe
> http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/foru...smode_1/tt.htm
> http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/forum...ef0fcf477&f=11
>
> There's a rather active modding community for the Stryker, with stock and
> scratch builds through 100mph brushless setups to mods like rudders, gear,
> twin engines.



POP. That was my bubble bursting.
 


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion F-27 STRYKER C - - Brushless RTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Spencer J Parkflyers 11 Jun 08, 2006 09:04 PM
Sold Parkzone F-27 Stryker RTF fuzzyhead Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 4 Nov 28, 2005 10:57 PM
Article Horizon's ParkZone F-27 Stryker RTF Review FLYWINGFAN Electric Plane Talk 3 May 22, 2005 11:38 PM
F-27 Stryker Electric RTF VS Hobbyzone Challenger badbowtie Electric Plane Talk 18 Oct 26, 2004 11:17 PM