HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Tony Oliver, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 10:29 PM
USA, IL, Wheaton
Joined Oct 2010
564 Posts
yuvie
Nice job on the Wonder. I'll need to get some of that colored wrap for mine. Got one from the final sale at Peck.

How does it fly? What does it weigh? It should go fine on 1/8 rubber outdoors, maybe 3/32 indoors.

As far as using the reply, that's the drill on this continuous picture and comment thread.
DuPageJoe is offline Find More Posts by DuPageJoe
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Bong Eagles Fall Indoor Meet
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 27, 2014, 02:25 PM
Joined Jan 2014
21 Posts
Colored Reynolds Plastic wrap is no longer made, there are alternatives; plastic bags etc. I've built close to 100 "Wonders" mostly (almost all) from 3/32" balsa, so I know they're heavy. Outdoors I fly 3/16" rubber with up to 500 winds, a lot of altitude with a steep launch, the plane will sometimes corkscrew on the way up before transitioning. With 1/8" motor behavior is much more civilized. I've attached 2 images of the "line" when it was set up. The stands are my design and were cut on a plotter/sample maker from e-flute corrugated, really good at preventing hangar rash.
Sorry for the poor quality of the photos.
Happy Thanksgiving to all! The 22 LB bird is in the oven. All I have to do is make the Sangria from Spanish wine and Grand Marnier .
yuvie1 is online now Find More Posts by yuvie1
Old Dec 02, 2014, 05:51 PM
carbondale il
Joined Jan 2007
2,597 Posts
Here's my latest. Self designed 27" T tail.
kevin matthews is online now Find More Posts by kevin matthews
Old Dec 02, 2014, 06:27 PM
Hoarding balsa is a sickness
smokey point, wash.
Joined Dec 2003
1,196 Posts
Kevin, tell us more about the prop...is it 2 Tern-aero props put together ? where can you find these props today ?
maxxnut is offline Find More Posts by maxxnut
Old Dec 02, 2014, 07:16 PM
carbondale il
Joined Jan 2007
2,597 Posts
This propeller is made from two Czech props. They can be found at Shorty's Basement. I notched two 2 bladed props at the hubs and with a prop shaft in place to keep them lined up, I CA glued them together. Then I drilled a small hole using the existing holes as a guide, and inserted an aluminum tube. I was looking for Tern Aero props when I found these. Although they are not true Tern Aero products, they are based on them. The ones shown here are 6". They also come in 7", 8" and 9 1/2".
kevin matthews is online now Find More Posts by kevin matthews
Old Dec 02, 2014, 07:45 PM
Wonderfully Wicked
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
13,279 Posts
Here is what I have been making. A Ross Flyer and a new Phantom Flash. Hopefully we will have some flying sessions soon. Might have to brave flying at the next RC indoor session.
The Don is online now Find More Posts by The Don
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 02, 2014, 09:27 PM
Intermediate Multi
Columbus, OH
Joined Mar 2005
3,327 Posts
Beautiful workmanship. Rob Romash flew his ministick at our indoor RC trade show a few years ago. Somehow, the plane survived several flights without getting slaughtered.
Trisquire is online now Find More Posts by Trisquire