HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 07, 2014, 06:42 PM
High Tech Red Neck
United States, IL, Lawrenceville
Joined Nov 2011
1,938 Posts
Discussion
You Tube scratch built wing

I built this 30 inch wing from the instructions on you tube. It is a easy build and a great flying little wing. I used a hand wound 1900kv CDR motor I had in a drawer,and some 1300 Mah 3s battery's. I'll post a video of it's maiden flight later this evening.
Ron_Dog is offline Find More Posts by Ron_Dog
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: The Alias,a Love,Hate,Affair!
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 07, 2014, 07:03 PM
High Tech Red Neck
Joined Nov 2011
1,938 Posts
Here's the video!
The Maiden Flight of the Simple Delta Wing (9 min 15 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 12, 2014, 07:37 AM
United States, WA, Moses Lake
Joined Feb 2012
458 Posts
Looks like you got that one pretty much dialed in. I had one similar running a 3s1300 battery and a slightly larger emax 2812 I think a 36 gram motor. I doinked it in and broke it though it was sweet and superfun for a weekend. I sure like your flying spot. If I had that my wing might very well be alive today!

Maybe you can tell me if I can use a 3 cell battery with a blue wonder 1700 stock motor. I thought it was recommended for a 2 cell which I don't have anymore. I have 4 good 1300 batts though I should build another smaller wing with it will I burn it up with a 3 cell?
Low and Slow is online now Find More Posts by Low and Slow
Old Dec 12, 2014, 08:02 AM
serial scratchbuilder
Canada, BC, Mission
Joined Sep 2012
1,386 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Low and Slow View Post
Maybe you can tell me if I can use a 3 cell battery with a blue wonder 1700 stock motor. I thought it was recommended for a 2 cell which I don't have anymore. I have 4 good 1300 batts though I should build another smaller wing with it will I burn it up with a 3 cell?
I run my 1700kv BWs on 3s all the time with 6x4.5x3 props and they never even get warm.
Granted is online now Find More Posts by Granted
Old Dec 12, 2014, 12:36 PM
High Tech Red Neck
Joined Nov 2011
1,938 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Low and Slow View Post
Looks like you got that one pretty much dialed in. I had one similar running a 3s1300 battery and a slightly larger emax 2812 I think a 36 gram motor. I doinked it in and broke it though it was sweet and superfun for a weekend. I sure like your flying spot. If I had that my wing might very well be alive today!

Yes you can! Just be sure to "prop it down" and check it with a watt meter,to make sure your in the right propeller range! I have never tried it with a 2 cell pack,since the C/G is setup with the 3 cell1300 battery. The motor I'm using is a custom wound 1900 kv motor with a 6 x 4 prop. I might try a 7 x 4.3 prop I have also?
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 12, 2014, 12:45 PM
High Tech Red Neck
Joined Nov 2011
1,938 Posts
I forgot to post a link to the build. It's so simple,you don't even need to print out any plans,enjoy! RD
Delta Pusher Build Video (19 min 38 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 12, 2014, 01:01 PM
High Tech Red Neck
Joined Nov 2011
1,938 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granted View Post
I run my 1700kv BWs on 3s all the time with 6x4.5x3 props and they never even get warm.
Do you feel the 3 blade prop gives you any more performance over a 2 blade prop? I've not ran many 3 blade props? RD
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 13, 2014, 05:07 PM
High Tech Red Neck
Joined Nov 2011
1,938 Posts
I finally go a calmer day to fly the wing,and really got it "dialed" in now! It fly's like it's on rails. You can make knee high low passes without even giving it a second thought,plus it fly's inverted with very little forward stick pressure. Now I just need a Hotter motor!
Simple Wing on a calm day (6 min 39 sec)
RCG Plus Member