SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 23, 2013, 08:02 PM
United States, CT, Bridgeport
Joined Apr 2012
380 Posts
New Product
MyFlyDream Autopilot control

If you located in US. Want MFD AP and AATV5 Pm me. I have it in stock in US.
Update for the waypoint upload step:

update: the new manual:http://www.myflydream.com/download/MFD_AP_en.pdf

1. connect the USB-TTL cable(the upgrade cable may sure you take the jumper on the TTL cable OFF, to the port next to the GPS port. which is the data port reference to the manual.
Make sure you take the jumper on the TTL CABLE OFF. in that way there will be no power from the computer to the AP. so you have to power your AP by the battery.
2. go to the OSD in the AP. MISC-> DATA RADIO. choose a baud rate as 9600(you can go hi but make sure you match the baud rate on your planner)
3. click connect on the right up corner of the software.
4. the rest will be the same as the APM flight control. (edit and upload)

Here is the update video of correct wiring of the AP
MyFlyDream AutoPilot Wiring and firmware update (8 min 21 sec)

EDIT: here is the new video how to connect the wire to the AP
AP connection (9 min 28 sec)

IMPORTANT: one of our user have smoke coming out when he try to connect the USB TTL cable to the ap data radio port. So for safety from now. Please do not try to upload te waypoint and connect the USB TTL to the radio port. Until I clear all the problem. Sorry about that.
Uploading waypoint using mission planner.

AP waypointupload (7 min 44 sec)

here is the video how to connect the AP to your airplane and radio. And how to upgrade at the end. thanks.
EDIT BY Cheng.
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjIxMDg1MzQ0.html
Edit:

Hey Guy, I want to introduce the new product MFD AP to the forums.

MFD AP is by MyFlyDream. here is the feature of the AP.
Main Features:
1. All In One design. AutoAntennaTracking/AHRS based AutoPilot(3-Axis gyro+accelerometer
+magnetic compass + barometer)/Advance OSD/Power module/... are all built in this small,light unit.
2. Fully compatible with AAT system
3. Rich extension ports for Sonar/Air Speed Sensor/Other accessories.
4. AHRS is build-in with Anti-vibration design, easy to install on the plane without any damper.
5. Compatible with MAVLink protocol. Support APM Planner GroundStation software. You can synchronize the waypoints by clicking one button. There are also some GS Apps for mobile phones available.
6. Support PPM/PWM input.
7. All functions/parameters can be accessed by the transmitter and OSD menu.
8. The first AutoPilot transmitting downlink data for tracking via both VIDEO and AUDIO signals.
9. Shipped with customized shielded cables for camera/video transmitter, 10Hz LS20033GPS, 100A current sensor and USB programmer for firmware update. easy to setup.

One unit have everything, If you have MFD AAT. You don't need to use the telefly now. the AP can handle the fly and also the downlink for the tracker, it can be use video signal and audio signal to download the data from the airplane. I have been flying with it for 4 months. enjoying it and also help to test fly the AP. for more information, look at my youtube channel and the MyFlyDream. Also if you live in USA, can PM me for more information.

my personal experience is easy to setup and tune. the product that you can put your equipment on it.

here is the manual.
http://www.myflydream.com/download/MFD_AP_en.pdf

my youtube channel,
looking for the bixler video. all of them are power by the MFD AP.

http://www.youtube.com/user/1044bnn
bnn1044 is offline Find More Posts by bnn1044
Last edited by bnn1044; Mar 02, 2014 at 12:53 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 23, 2013, 09:56 PM
Joined Apr 2012
380 Posts
http://www.youtube.com/user/1044bnn/...ndex=2&sort=dd video in playlist
Old Aug 24, 2013, 08:58 AM
An Aussie in Chicago
Joined Apr 2012
1,350 Posts
How many Waypoints can you upload into the AP.?
hendrnk is online now Find More Posts by hendrnk
Old Aug 24, 2013, 10:13 AM
Joined Apr 2012
380 Posts
Now is 10 waypoint.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 10:45 PM
An Aussie in Chicago
Joined Apr 2012
1,350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnn1044 View Post
Now is 10 waypoint.
Thanks will that increase in the future. In MP, will it only upload the 1st 10 waypoints, as MP allows unlimited waypoints it seems.
hendrnk is online now Find More Posts by hendrnk
Old Aug 26, 2013, 08:18 PM
Joined Apr 2012
380 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendrnk View Post
Thanks will that increase in the future. In MP, will it only upload the 1st 10 waypoints, as MP allows unlimited waypoints it seems.
base on the powerfull MCU, we can increase to unlimited.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 04:57 PM
Joined Apr 2012
123 Posts
Has got this AP.

Nice all-in-one unit. VTX and camera power form AP. No need to mess with wires.
Flying wing and V-tail are supported.
GPS and 100A current sensor included.

All settings are done through OSD menu and there is no any PC setup software.
Nice size (aprox. 1/4 larger then my Naza).
Comes with all necessary wires (most of them shielded).

Haven't flown it yet.

Flying wing setup can be a little complicated:

1 You have to select Aircraft type > Wing from OSD menu first and connect left AIL to output1, right AIL to output2

2 There is no need to manually mix channels on your TX. Use usual airplane type. AP will mix channel as needed. I use Futaba 8FG. Established PPM connection with AP. No prob.

3 Reverse 3 channel (throttle) in TX (Futaba)

4 Assign 2pos. switch to Ch5 and 3pos to Ch6 otherwise you will not be able to enter OSD-menu.
StormRU is offline Find More Posts by StormRU
Last edited by StormRU; Aug 27, 2013 at 05:03 PM.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 08:46 PM
Joined Apr 2012
380 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormRU View Post
Has got this AP.

Nice all-in-one unit. VTX and camera power form AP. No need to mess with wires.
Flying wing and V-tail are supported.
GPS and 100A current sensor included.

All settings are done through OSD menu and there is no any PC setup software.
Nice size (aprox. 1/4 larger then my Naza).
Comes with all necessary wires (most of them shielded).

Haven't flown it yet.

Flying wing setup can be a little complicated:

1 You have to select Aircraft type > Wing from OSD menu first and connect left AIL to output1, right AIL to output2

2 There is no need to manually mix channels on your TX. Use usual airplane type. AP will mix channel as needed. I use Futaba 8FG. Established PPM connection with AP. No prob.

3 Reverse 3 channel (throttle) in TX (Futaba)

4 Assign 2pos. switch to Ch5 and 3pos to Ch6 otherwise you will not be able to enter OSD-menu.

Yup You get all the words. No need me to talk. enjoy and upload video.
have any problem can contact me through Email.
Old Aug 28, 2013, 08:58 AM
Joined Apr 2012
123 Posts
Have not tried to upload new firmware yet. What is the last version?
Mine is v0.99 ) Looks like it is the last version pre release firmware.
StormRU is offline Find More Posts by StormRU
Old Aug 28, 2013, 02:48 PM
Joined Apr 2012
380 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormRU View Post
Have not tried to upload new firmware yet. What is the last version?
Mine is v0.99 ) Looks like it is the last version pre release firmware.
You can go to mayfly dream website to download the latest FW
Old Aug 28, 2013, 04:18 PM
ITALY
Joined Aug 2006
418 Posts
something should be improved....
for example when you engage RTH, the plane doesn't keep its altitude but it follows the altitude shown in the letter "L" of the OSD... yes that value decrease gradually when you are coming back home and the plane follow that value... the plane, instead, should keep the latest altitude... or not??

then in RTH mode you don't have any control over the plane...i think you should have a minimun control on it (when you are far from home position and you are in RTH mode sometimes you need to adjust a little the route for having a better video signal) what do you think??

about the option (old aatdriver in the osd menu: yes or not) i think there is no difference between Y and N using old aatdriver v4....
brifa is offline Find More Posts by brifa
Old Aug 28, 2013, 04:30 PM
Joined Apr 2012
380 Posts
In RTH the Attitude will decrease to safety attitude which can be set in OSd menu default is 120m. There is a decent slope in Roth to save some power when coming home. If we keep looking on the input signal on RTH when there is an situation we lost signal the ap will keep looking at the signal that way RTH is fail. The old Aat drive is not working yet because the new v5 is not in the market now. Will soon. Thank you for you suggestion we will consider it heavily.
Old Aug 28, 2013, 04:57 PM
ITALY
Joined Aug 2006
418 Posts
i am not agreed on the decreasing altitude... why?
because for example if you take off from sea level and you go up to 1000 meters over such mountains... when you switch to RTH the model, losing altitude, could meet a mountain (for example at 600 meters...) so the plane, i think, should keep the initial RTH altitude and not the safe altitude you settled up in the osd... If you set the safety altitude to 1000 meters and you are in trouble at 200 meters.. the plane gives all its power to reach the safety altitude.. so, for me, it would be better to allow user to set up that decreasing function in the osd menu?

about controls in rth mode, most autopilot allow to have such controls over the model also in rth model and for those reasons i already wrote, i think it is better to have an interaction between RTH and stick control...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnn1044 View Post
In RTH the Attitude will decrease to safety attitude which can be set in OSd menu default is 120m. There is a decent slope in Roth to save some power when coming home. If we keep looking on the input signal on RTH when there is an situation we lost signal the ap will keep looking at the signal that way RTH is fail. The old Aat drive is not working yet because the new v5 is not in the market now. Will soon. Thank you for you suggestion we will consider it heavily.
brifa is offline Find More Posts by brifa
Old Aug 28, 2013, 05:32 PM
Joined Oct 2012
2,164 Posts
fwiw, I think most every OSD/autopilot uses that concept. user set cruise altitude that it will glide to.

I think if your flying over mountains, you would need to know to adjust your cruise altitude.

Keep in mind, one of the functions of RTH is to bring it within LOS range incase your video system fails. I guess it could cruise home at altitude and only drop once it starts circling home...

In other news, the font on it is awesome. Looks super legible.
bauerbach is offline Find More Posts by bauerbach
Old Aug 28, 2013, 05:35 PM
Joined Apr 2012
380 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brifa View Post
i am not agreed on the decreasing altitude... why?
because for example if you take off from sea level and you go up to 1000 meters over such mountains... when you switch to RTH the model, losing altitude, could meet a mountain (for example at 600 meters...) so the plane, i think, should keep the initial RTH altitude and not the safe altitude you settled up in the osd... If you set the safety altitude to 1000 meters and you are in trouble at 200 meters.. the plane gives all its power to reach the safety altitude.. so, for me, it would be better to allow user to set up that decreasing function in the osd menu?

about controls in rth mode, most autopilot allow to have such controls over the model also in rth model and for those reasons i already wrote, i think it is better to have an interaction between RTH and stick control...
you make a good point. we can make that altitude decreasing as an option. and try to figure out the control during RTH. thank you for your suggestion. that is the only way to make it great as long as put your guys' ideas into it. I will let you know what it will come out. thanks.