SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 22, 2013, 09:17 PM
Illegitimi non carborundum
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Mar 2011
1,492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Downer View Post
I admit I did not read the whole thread, but I want to mention what popped in to my mind as the problem; fail safe.

Could your failsafe be trying to over travel the servo causing it to bind and burn?

Edit: after reading about Fut HS mode and analogue servos, yeh thats probably what did it.
Good thought but I don't have fail safe set up for this airplane in the transmitter. Pretty sure it was just HS all by itself that fried the servos.
grosbeak is offline Find More Posts by grosbeak
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 22, 2013, 11:53 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2012
99 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grosbeak View Post
Good thought but I don't have fail safe set up for this airplane in the transmitter. Pretty sure it was just HS all by itself that fried the servos.
Was the a rx out of a previous plane? Most fail safes I know of are programmed in to the rx, so it goes down with the plane. I don't have any futaba stuff anymore so I am out of touch with their stuff.

You probably would have noticed it though if you powered off the tx at any point while the rx was powered.

Interesting lesson about refresh rate for me anyhow.
Craig Downer is offline Find More Posts by Craig Downer
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 24, 2013, 06:00 AM
Illegitimi non carborundum
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Mar 2011
1,492 Posts
I really appreciate all of your input and help.

Thank you!
grosbeak is offline Find More Posts by grosbeak
Old Jan 26, 2013, 12:23 PM
United States, MD, Elkton
Joined Oct 2011
9,119 Posts
That, my friends, is how it's DONE !

Put forth a question,receive input, do some diagnosing, and follow through with the
solution ...
Good job.

RCGroups has some of the greatest minds in the hobby....
epoxyearl is online now Find More Posts by epoxyearl
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Wheeling and dealing..