SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 21, 2012, 04:39 PM
Joined Apr 2011
3 Posts
Discussion
Can any one spare a used glow plug?

Was wondering if any one could spare a used glow plug for a traxxas .15 engine and put it in an envelope with 45 cent stamp?

Thanks.
stanman11 is offline Find More Posts by stanman11
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 22, 2012, 10:33 AM
Fueled by Arabica Beans
United States, NY, Syracuse
Joined Oct 2008
4,061 Posts
I have some really used glowplugs that are about 15 years old... they're so used that I don't even remember if they work. I use them to cap my stored engines. I'll trade one for a used $5 bill.
ChillPhatCat is offline Find More Posts by ChillPhatCat
Old Oct 22, 2012, 12:11 PM
Occasional useful idiot...
Joined Nov 2009
1,406 Posts
I think it's a bit cheeky wanting a 45c stamp included.

I can send you a used one too. It's been outside for years so is pure rust. Post and packing (with tracking) will be 50. The stamp you will have to get yourself, unless I can peel some of these 1 stamps off of a used envelope.
Jonathan Bradbury is offline Find More Posts by Jonathan Bradbury
Old Oct 22, 2012, 01:36 PM
Canada, ON, Whitby
Joined Aug 2008
8,934 Posts
What do you want a used one for??
wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons
Old Oct 22, 2012, 02:00 PM
Joined Apr 2011
3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wparsons View Post
What do you want a used one for??
I wanted to get my car going again. I cant afford a new plug so I figured some one must have a used one they'er not using

I should have also put the country I live in, which is USA.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 02:04 PM
Joined Apr 2011
3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Bradbury View Post
I think it's a bit cheeky wanting a 45c stamp included.

I can send you a used one too. It's been outside for years so is pure rust. Post and packing (with tracking) will be 50. The stamp you will have to get yourself, unless I can peel some of these 1 stamps off of a used envelope.
the 45 cent would be the postage on the letter. if you ship it as a package its a flat rate of $3 here in my state and $1.80 for isurance if you choose so.

So the cheapest way is using an envelope with a 45 cent stamp which can be used to hold up to 3 oz.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 03:28 PM
Occasional useful idiot...
Joined Nov 2009
1,406 Posts
I was being VERY tongue in cheek, as used plugs are not guaranteed to work.

They are very cheap to buy. Ebay, LHS etc...
Jonathan Bradbury is offline Find More Posts by Jonathan Bradbury
Old Oct 22, 2012, 04:45 PM
Canada, ON, Whitby
Joined Aug 2008
8,934 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanman11 View Post
I wanted to get my car going again. I cant afford a new plug so I figured some one must have a used one they'er not using

I should have also put the country I live in, which is USA.
I would be willing to bet that any used plug you get for free won't work either.

You can pick up a pair of MC9's for like $11 easily:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/McCoy-MC9-Po...item2ec2297115
wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons
Old Oct 22, 2012, 05:55 PM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,584 Posts
I think if you don't have the money to buy the plug, you might be wise not to go driving at all, as a simple crash could cost you more than the price of a glow plug. And where do you get the gas from to run the car? I'm hoping you are not "borrowing" that from other cars...
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
Old Oct 22, 2012, 10:02 PM
Fueled by Arabica Beans
United States, NY, Syracuse
Joined Oct 2008
4,061 Posts
Last time I checked, a gallon of car fuel is at least 4x the cost of a glow plug.
ChillPhatCat is offline Find More Posts by ChillPhatCat
Old Oct 23, 2012, 12:52 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,584 Posts
May be it will run on lighter fluid as well. And next we see a topic asking for almost spent cigarette lighters to get sent so the remaining fluid can fill another car tank.

Bottom line, it's not wrong to ask for help, but asking for free parts, even used, will mostly get these kind of reactions. It would have been a different case had it been about something vintage, that is not readily available anywhere, or a small part that is not spared, but only comes as a more expensive assy, like for instance the servo gears of a Solo Pro 270, to name an example. Losing one would require you to buy a complete receiver, and there is always a chance someone has a broken receiver lying around, with still good gears. But just asking for free spares, even used, is most likely not going to get much useful response, as without any background information, it gives the impression of free loading. Not saying that is your intention, but you make it appear it is.
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
Old Oct 24, 2012, 06:35 AM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined May 2011
90 Posts
gloplughobo

haaaa you can not be serious,can some one spare a second hand gloplug???at my local rc race track pits the floor is covered in old second hand glo plugs lol,if you are not financial to buy a new one or two realy forget it all togeather,but hay msg me your address and i will post you one ok
UFRC is offline Find More Posts by UFRC