SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 29, 2012, 10:37 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wollins View Post
Wasn't trying to start a fight here guys ... just wanted some genuine feedback ... (which I got) so thank you to all who responded.

Colin
Stay tuned made a video. so you can get an idea of the HK wingcam. Start a fight nah, He pushes Keys, .....Only thing building is the storm outside, and it blows in one ear and out the other

hobbyking wing cam compared to the KC808 16 (6 min 46 sec)
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 29, 2012, 11:07 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Mr Bean found

Mr Beans Car walking 1st ave (2 min 33 sec)
Old Oct 29, 2012, 11:22 AM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,979 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
Stay tuned made a video. so you can get an idea of the HK wingcam. Start a fight nah, He pushes Keys, .....Only thing building is the storm outside, and it blows in one ear and out the other
Can we drop further posts on the HK wing cam! It's off topic here!
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Oct 29, 2012, 11:23 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,613 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heribert808 View Post
Hallo ISOPROR
additional information to “SafelyRemoveDevice=0“.
After you do „Write Data to Drive“, GUI terminates ?normal?. But the drive is still
connected to the usb. The drive “must” now be disconnected by hand. Than everything is OK.
If you don't do it and you try to start GUI again, for instance, it leads to another error msg.
I believe it is better to do not drive disconnection via GUI.??

regards
heribert
I still haven't had the time to test, but after the camera's parameters are updated the camera semi-disconnects itself making the drive unusable. I am aware of this problem but it is low on my priority list at the moment and most probably there's nothing I can do anyway.

However, I expect (hope) you can close the GUI and simply pull the plug. Depending on how you ran the GUI you may get a Windows error message telling you that the drive is no longer available. This is normal, for obvious reasons . In the early days of the GUI there was no built-in "safely remove device" and I'm sure many thousands of people just pull the plug on their #11s and #18s and #16s? without ever "safely removing" them beforehand. If you do this, Windows 7 may sometimes complain when you connect your camera again and ask if you want to scan the drive for errors. You can simply click away the warning message.

As long as you don't pull the plug while you are copying something to and maybe from the camera, I don't see any harm except it's not a super clean solution

In a future version I'll incorporate some error checking when the GUI is run on the camera's card, but this will not be this week or next week. Sorry
Isoprop is offline Find More Posts by Isoprop
Old Oct 29, 2012, 11:39 AM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,979 Posts
Quote:
Unless you are demonstrating something about the #16 that has not already been discussed, more videos of walking tours in NYC aren't adding anything to this #16 aerial video thread. What problem or feature is "Mr. Bean" demonstrating? Stating that up front in your post text would save a lot of people from watching this video. All I can see is that you show how digitally zooming a still frame with an editor after the fact accentuates the low light noise the #16 (and other inexpensive CMOS cameras) has. Nothing new here, and not something normally encountered in AV clips. Not to mention the subject matter (rats in the NYC subway) is less than appealing for demo purposes. I think we've seen all that your walking tour videos are going to show about the #16, so please post any more like this in your thread you started elsewhere here for "anything goes" posts.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 12:21 PM
Fidler & twidler
Cranfield U.K.
Joined Mar 2004
4,081 Posts
Quote:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/320980528019...1497.l2649Like said its out there good luck in your search
there yesterday, gone today.
ike2u
empeabee is offline Find More Posts by empeabee
Old Oct 29, 2012, 12:28 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
Unless you are demonstrating something about the #16 that has not already been discussed, more videos of walking tours in NYC aren't adding anything to this #16 aerial video thread. What problem or feature is "Mr. Bean" demonstrating? Stating that up front in your post text would save a lot of people from watching this video. All I can see is that you show how digitally zooming a still frame with an editor after the fact accentuates the low light noise the #16 (and other inexpensive CMOS cameras) has. Nothing new here, and not something normally encountered in AV clips. Not to mention the subject matter (rats in the NYC subway) is less than appealing for demo purposes. I think we've seen all that your walking tour videos are going to show about the #16, so please post any more like this in your thread you started elsewhere here for "anything goes" posts.
Quote:
Can we drop further posts on the HK wing cam! It's off topic here!
Tom what I shown in my vid was what Collins asked. subject dropped.

no further comment.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 12:32 PM
Fidler & twidler
Cranfield U.K.
Joined Mar 2004
4,081 Posts
God ordered me not to comment, so I havn't
ike
empeabee is offline Find More Posts by empeabee
Old Oct 29, 2012, 12:45 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,979 Posts
Quote:
Tom what I shown in my vid was what Collins asked. subject dropped.

no further comment.
Then quote the post you are responding to in your post so we know what is being answered! I've read back through Colins posts, and he asked for how the #16 compares with the HK camera. Your video shows NOTHING that compares the cameras, plus we have enough comparison posts already. Further posts on the HK camera are off topic. Please stop posting stuff like this in this thread! If you cannot follow the protocol that accompanies this thread (meaningful, understandable, on topic posts) then don't post ANYTHING at all. This is not your personal playground, but you DO have one you created in this forum.. please go play there!
Old Oct 29, 2012, 12:57 PM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,054 Posts
Quote:
What kind of problems does the start-up delay cause? Most like the delay with .49FW because the prior faster start resulted in inadvertent activation when carry in a pocket.
the delay makes it impossible to use for my primary application which was control by mcu chip from an rcgroups how-to project. im forced to use older versions. the new features opened possibilities for other uses but interferes with the mcu control function so a little disappointing.

its unfortunate "pocket cam" has taken priority over rc model use. personally carrrying these around in your pants sounds like a bad idea to me for a variety of reasons. and imo delays of any kind are a step backward. too bad it cant be turned off or versions available w/o this "feature".
dave1993 is offline Find More Posts by dave1993
Old Oct 29, 2012, 01:17 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,979 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1993 View Post
the delay makes it impossible to use for my primary application which was control by mcu chip from an rcgroups how-to project. im forced to use older versions. the new features opened possibilities for other uses but interferes with the mcu control function so a little disappointing.

its unfortunate "pocket cam" has taken priority over rc model use. personally carrrying these around in your pants sounds like a bad idea to me for a variety of reasons. and imo delays of any kind are a step backward. too bad it cant be turned off or versions available w/o this "feature".
I agree, the broader uses of this camera has become more dominant in this thread, which is not my intent in starting it, and I try to discourage this. But even within the AP/AV use, your project use is pretty specific and not likely what the majority of users will apply. I've accidentally turned the camera on just by handling when I mount it to my planes, so it's not just a "pocket" issue. But that said, there will always be SOME delay after power is applied for the camera to digest what mode it is in, and start in that mode. Maybe the startup delay can be shortened by FW to a minimal amount... stay tuned!
Old Oct 29, 2012, 01:38 PM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,054 Posts
reviewing this thread will show im not alone in wanting faster response there. and several have expressed interest in mcu control so not that peculiar either. btw its not the delay before pics can be taken (although the shorter the better there too) but the time one must hold down that button that causes the failure. making that an option or alternate versions w/o the delay would be great even if only beta. fingers crossed. for now the 0.36 is doing the job anyway.

thanks to you and isoprop for helping me decide on the a lens instead of b lens or #18 cam. i see from other posts now it was best for my needs. and thanks again for helping choose #16 to begin with.
dave1993 is offline Find More Posts by dave1993
Old Oct 29, 2012, 04:26 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Camera was set up Time Lapse 5 seconds, fully charged. I am showing what I (I) call unstable, at a given time, firmware 49. I feel there are issues that I will not use Time lapse, and just the camera at default.

All in perfect working order, and thank you for viewing

Keychain cam #16 fw 49 turns on and unstable with Time Lapse (2 min 38 sec)
Old Oct 29, 2012, 05:23 PM
Noob with Issues
United States, AZ, Maricopa
Joined Jul 2011
1,097 Posts
Fishycomics use your "808 #16" camera and get us some good video of the storm. From a pier if possible. You can test contrast and weather tightness. that away we can stay on topic. Thx
crash74 is offline Find More Posts by crash74
Old Oct 29, 2012, 05:25 PM
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
USA, UT, Orem
Joined Jul 2004
9,301 Posts
Sometime the video looks better with a little music :-D

Keychain #16 and #16D comparison (7 min 50 sec)
Lee is offline Find More Posts by Lee