HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 23, 2012, 01:22 AM
Joined Dec 2012
1 Posts
3d with blade 450 3d in standard settings or advanced

Hi I am flying basic 3d with mcpx but am wondering if I have to use advanced mode on my blade 450 3d or is can I learn flips , rolls etc in basic mode (ie model 9 on dx6i)
keenrcer is offline Find More Posts by keenrcer
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 25, 2012, 06:12 AM
Joined Sep 2012
392 Posts
Yes youd want to use the advanced mode for higher throws and higher headspeed, otherwise youll have trouble doing things like inverted flights (though you should be able to do basic 3D stuff with the normal settings in idle up mode).
Znybar is offline Find More Posts by Znybar
Old Dec 26, 2012, 01:22 PM
Staffs, UK
Joined Apr 2009
3,662 Posts
Tail Blades

I'm thinking of getting some non OEM tail blades, and I'm wondering how a slightly smaller (or bigger) blade will affect the heli. I was originally thinking of some green KBDD to help with orintation but keep looking at carbon versions.

Any opinions on aftermarket tail blades?
feefo is online now Find More Posts by feefo
Old Dec 26, 2012, 03:53 PM
Which way is up?
Michigan, USA
Joined Mar 2008
686 Posts
Well if visibility is what you are looking for, the stock tailblades take Rit dye very well. I did mine in Fuscia and they came out nice and bright. Skids and gears won't take dye, but the tail blades and flybar paddles will. I did not boil the water though for fear of warping, I just heated it up pretty good in the microwave and let them sit for a few hours.
stuball56 is offline Find More Posts by stuball56
Last edited by stuball56; Dec 26, 2012 at 04:01 PM.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 04:12 PM
WOS
United States, IN, Michigan City
Joined Nov 2003
808 Posts
Thats a cool Idea
WOS is offline Find More Posts by WOS
Old Dec 26, 2012, 05:03 PM
Which way is up?
Michigan, USA
Joined Mar 2008
686 Posts
I'm pretty sure the fins will take dye too. But I just painted mine.
stuball56 is offline Find More Posts by stuball56
Old Dec 29, 2012, 09:37 PM
ChuckTseeker Super Fan
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Jan 2012
585 Posts
Phoenix SIM

How does the Phoenix SIM compare the actual 450 3D?
Aphro is offline Find More Posts by Aphro
Old Dec 30, 2012, 06:29 AM
United States, FL, Hernando
Joined Sep 2012
1,460 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphro View Post
How does the Phoenix SIM compare the actual 450 3D?
IMHO, not to good at all, just way to slow as oppossed to the real thing.
War Horse is offline Find More Posts by War Horse
Old Dec 31, 2012, 12:25 AM
Augernaut
United States, KS, Overland Park
Joined Jan 2010
1,471 Posts
ive got the 450 maxed out on throws, she still seems sluggish,. has anyone played with the flybar weights? would moving them in make her more nimble? i fly a few micro helis and im getting frustrated. I can invert hover my NCPx all day, but the 450 just wont do it.
Wookster is offline Find More Posts by Wookster
Old Dec 31, 2012, 05:28 AM
Staffs, UK
Joined Apr 2009
3,662 Posts
I've removed the flybar weights. I THINK it helps. Try it and see what you think.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 05:30 AM
Staffs, UK
Joined Apr 2009
3,662 Posts
I think I may as well order some KBDD tail blades, I haven't got any dye and it's as expensive to do it that way over ordering some new blades.

Thanks for the replies...
Old Jan 04, 2013, 08:30 AM
Staffs, UK
Joined Apr 2009
3,662 Posts
Any idea where to get replacement canopy grommets?

...Scrub that.....found some
Old Jan 04, 2013, 07:27 PM
Augernaut
United States, KS, Overland Park
Joined Jan 2010
1,471 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by feefo View Post
Any idea where to get replacement canopy grommets?

...Scrub that.....found some
scratch that, I thought I was in the nCPX thread. Sorry. I use the nCPX canopy grommets to dampen all the control rods. Very handy.
Wookster is offline Find More Posts by Wookster
Last edited by Wookster; Jan 04, 2013 at 07:29 PM. Reason: Oops wasnt paying attention.
Old Jan 08, 2013, 09:50 PM
Joined Dec 2012
3 Posts
Got a question

[QUOTE]got a question?
I have attempted to fix the blade 450 3d rudder a few times with the dx6i I had changed the tail servo and the fellow at the hobbyshop sold a trex 450 part instead of the stock servo i changed it out to this servo but now i have replaced that servo with the stock servo again. my husband had a major wreck with this heli since I put it back together I have put new metal blade grips, tail boom casting and tail servo holders, new servos I recentered them set the 10 degrees on the blade pitch, I believe I have all of the front done up the right way but now the rudder is not doing what I want it to do without the heli on and hooked up to the servo the suspension arm is straight and not binded and will move freely when I turn the heli on I had the rudder centered but it was still not acting right. Now when I go right on the rudder channel it seems to move fine but when I go left it goes realllllly slow. It is moving in the right direction so I know it is not back words. One of the heli guys at the hobby store moved the tra adj on the gyro I have no idea what to do at this point. I have the dx6i settings close to what the Manuel is but It still won't work. Got any ideas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlee1017 View Post
For Dx6i, any gyro setting above 50% it is head holding (HH) mode and for any setting below 50% is rate mode.

For rate mode, a gyro apply correction as the heli nose is drifting away from the desired direction. If the heli stops drifting, it will stop applying the correction. Say, heli is flying north and subject to side East wind, nose will begin drift to east and gyro correction apply. If drift stop, and gyro apply no more correctiona nd heli nose may be pointing somewhere north-east.

For HH mode,if the heli is more off the desired heading, the more correction that is applied. For the case above, heli nose still point to north.

To bypass gyro, tail servo plug into rx rudder output directly.

Usually, hovering gyro setting is a bit different from normal flight. Most of users, like beginners use HH mode. I think blade 450 3d gyro setting for Dx6i is 73.5% for normal flight. c.f. manul p38 and try to adjust gyro setting while you hover.

Also, you may double check gyro is mount securely on the frame and if foam tape is loosen or broken not. Any small vibration will affect gyro. I know some people remount gyro and put second foam tape to dampen the vibration. Some of them even put a gyro metal plate/sheet in between foam tape to get of vibration. For late case, it's how I mount sensor for 600+ bird.

s.p. if you use double foam tape, you may need to re-adjust gyro setting.

Of course, you can also check for vibration and if the belt tension is OK or not.
Charmedshorty is offline Find More Posts by Charmedshorty
Old Jan 08, 2013, 10:18 PM
Joined Dec 2012
3 Posts
I have attempted to fix the blade 450 3d rudder a few times with the dx6i I had changed the tail servo and the fellow at the hobbyshop sold a trex 450 part instead of the stock servo i changed it out to this servo but now i have replaced that servo with the stock servo again. my husband had a major wreck with this heli since I put it back together I have put new metal blade grips, tail boom casting and tail servo holders, new servos I recentered them set the 10 degrees on the blade pitch, I believe I have all of the front done up the right way but now the rudder is not doing what I want it to do without the heli on and hooked up to the servo the suspension arm is straight and not binded and will move freely when I turn the heli on I had the rudder centered but it was still not acting right. Now when I go right on the rudder channel it seems to move fine but when I go left it goes realllllly slow. It is moving in the right direction so I know it is not back words. One of the heli guys at the hobby store moved the tra adj on the gyro I have no idea what to do at this point. I have the dx6i settings close to what the Manuel is but It still won't work. Got any ideas.
Charmedshorty is offline Find More Posts by Charmedshorty