SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 11, 2014, 08:40 PM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Jun 2004
206 Posts
Discussion
Very Loud Lost Model Alarm Using Turnigy Receiver Controlled Switch

The Lost Model Alarms I've tried are too quiet for me. This one is 105dB which is VERY LOUD. I suggest you wrap it in a sock while setting up on the bench!!

It's just a 'Turnigy Receiver Controlled Switch' attached to the white Piezo Buzzer as in the photo. I'm powering the unit from the 3S balance connector.
The buzzer came from Jaycar Electronics in Australia, check your local eBay. It has 3 wires, black for negative, red for constant tone, yellow for chirp tone.

All up weight is 28gm (1oz). Size is 45mm (1.8") diameter x 30mm (1.2") high.

Throw the gear switch on the transmitter and (if your electronics are still intact) the buzzer will sound and you can go look for the remains.

If you want to run a separate battery then you need to wire the negative from that battery to the receiver negative as in the photo.

You may need to adjust trim on the gear channel so it switches reliably.

I remove the shorting plugs and bridge the upper and lower pin pairs with solder.

Thanks for the idea Frank!
Gadgetman is online now Find More Posts by Gadgetman
to remove ads between posts