SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 25, 2013, 04:46 PM
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Jun 2011
118 Posts
Discussion
Need some help, 86" Extra 260 with DLE55

Hey guys,

Not sure if I have this in the right section but I need a bit of help with my build.

I'm building an Aeroworks 86" Extra 260 Original with a DLE55. I wired up the radio gear and the ignition on separate circuits. Here is a drawing of how I wired everything up.

Name: IMG_2590.jpg
Views: 31
Size: 77.3 KB
Description:

I have Hyperion high voltage servo's, HP-DH20FTD for ailerons and elevators and a HP-DH20UTD for rudder. Im not running a voltage regulator for the radio gear and using a 2S 2250mAh Lipo for the power supply. I have set up the ignition system on it's own circuit with a 2S 2250mAh lipo with a UBEC regulating to 6V. The ignition module says that the voltage input can be from 4.8-6V. I am using a Rexell opto kill switch in line (input voltage 20v max).

The radio system works fine, no drama, I've set all the throws and operated everything. When I turned on the ignition system everything was still working, I was programming the gear switch on the TX for the engine kill, then I noticed the LED on the opto kill switch slowly went out, the kill switch was hot and now the LED won't come back on. I suspect I have fried it Hope I haven't fried the ignition module too. Has the higher voltage from the RX signal into the kill switch fried it?

Can somebody please help me, tell me what I have done wrong and point me in the right direction, before I do any more damage. Thanks in advance.

QDRevenger is online now Send a private message to QDRevenger Find More Posts by QDRevenger
QDRevenger is offline Find More Posts by QDRevenger
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 28, 2013, 07:47 PM
United States, GA, Loganville
Joined Aug 2012
234 Posts
Try programming the gear channel's end points. It may not be triggering the opto kill. I hav ethe same opto kill on a 2S lipo and no issues. I had to reverse the gear channel and change the epa.
bigblueswope is offline Find More Posts by bigblueswope