SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 17, 2013, 05:51 AM
Joined Dec 2004
760 Posts
Discussion
6.7geared motor: front bearing replacement

Hi All,

I've got a 1509/1Y with 6.7-P32 gearbox. The front bearing of the rotor feels gritty, so I'd like to replace it.
However, this bearing is lodged between the rotor and the pinion. Is there anyway I could replace this bearing myself?

Gerben
Gerben is online now Find More Posts by Gerben
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 23, 2013, 09:35 AM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Dec 1999
7,353 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerben View Post
Hi All,

I've got a 1509/1Y with 6.7-P32 gearbox. The front bearing of the rotor feels gritty, so I'd like to replace it.
However, this bearing is lodged between the rotor and the pinion. Is there anyway I could replace this bearing myself?

Gerben
I assume your motor does not have a spacer between the gear box and the motor housing? If so the following applies.

In the older motors(3 years or older) the front bearing can not be replaced since the gear was larger than the shaft. The only solution is to install the new style which has a 6mm shaft and bearing. With the 6mm shaft the gear is smaller than the ID of the bearing. Contact us and we can get you a new rotor and bearings. Lisa Talia <ltalia@neutronics.com> can help get you the parts.

Steve Neu
sneu is offline Find More Posts by sneu
Old Feb 25, 2013, 02:00 PM
Joined Dec 2004
760 Posts
Hi Steve,

Sounds right, the motor is probably older than 3 years, and it's a 'short' motor without spacer.
Bit unfortunate to hear it needs a new rotor. I only bought this motor to pass it on to someone interested to start in F5B. The new rotor will probably make this second-hand option less interesting financially, but I'll contact Lisa and see what she comes up with.

Many thanks, best regards from the Netherlands,
Gerben
Gerben is online now Find More Posts by Gerben
Last edited by Gerben; Feb 25, 2013 at 02:08 PM.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 08:04 AM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Dec 1999
7,353 Posts
Often bearings making noise will run along time with out problems. check for radial play--if it is still good then it could run many more flights.

Steve
sneu is offline Find More Posts by sneu